Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,082 members, 7,863,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Saraki Dumps Pdp, Calls For Prayers To Bring His Son Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Dumps Pdp, Calls For Prayers To Bring His Son Back (565 Views)

PDP Calls For Patriotism….urges Respect For President Buhari / PDP Calls For Imo Guber Cancellation / PDP Calls For The Cancellation Of Election Results In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Dumps Pdp, Calls For Prayers To Bring His Son Back by Olaedo1: 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2010
[size=15pt]Saraki dumps PDP, calls for prayers to bring his son back[/size]

News Dec 31, 2010

By Demola Akinyemi

Emotions of a father ran Friday as the second republic senate leader, Dr Abubakar Olusola Saraki wept openly urging people to pray along with him to bring back his son Governor Bukola Saraki to him.

The elder Saraki also declared that himself and his teaming supporters are no longer in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

It would be recalled that he ordered his teaming supporters to join the party in 2002 in his bid to capture political power from the then administration of Alh Muhammed Alabi Lawal when crisis of second term ambition engulfed the state.

Dr Olusola Saraki spoke in an interview with journalists at his Ilorin country home when the team of the All Nigerian Peoples Party led by its national chairman, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu (ANPP) visited him.

According to him,”I want to ask all of you to please help me to pray to God to bring my son back to me. I do don’t like the way PDP is being run. I have discussed with President Jonathan and he said he will do something about it, We are no more in PDP, we have not decided which party to go but by Sunday, I will address the press on it”.

On why he chose to abandon the party instead of settling the crisis being a leader, he said “The door of PDP in kwara has been locked against me. By their laws when the door is locked you cannot open it. I am a peaceful person, I don’t want to break the PDP law so the best thing to do is to leave, it has nothing to do with being a leader”.

“Already, the PDP has known its delegates even long before the primaries and since I cannot contest that, the best thing to do is to leave the party”.

The elder Saraki who said he has no grudge against his son Governor Bukola Saraki noted that his frequent visits to Abuja, which caused his long absence in the state created the problem”. The people he left the state to run started running kwara “anyhow”,he stressed.

He further said that his absence in the state to monitor it also caused the problem stressing that he actually needed to keep the distance because his son is the governor, but now he is regretting the action.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/saraki-dumps-pdp-calls-for-prayers-to-bring-his-son-back/
Re: Saraki Dumps Pdp, Calls For Prayers To Bring His Son Back by Olaedo1: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
Saraki should not be believed.He is acting on a well-hatched plan to once again sell his conscience and the entire state to a Northern candidate.
Is it a coincidence that IBB is also leaving PDP?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Jonathan/sambo Campaign Office/organisation Or Contact In Lagos? / Obj : Na Him Go Laff Last Ooo / CBN Alerts Banks On Terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.