Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,654 members, 7,851,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo (638 Views)

Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State / LAWMA Cleanup Akobi Crescent Surulere, Restores Normalcy, 24 Hours After / Benue Youths Wash The Ground As Buhari Leaves Makurdi, Burn Brooms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Alourk: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2020
The Lagos State Waste Management Agency, LAWMA, in partnership with Enyo Retail & Supply Limited, a downstream oil and gas firm has begun the distribution of blue bins to all Enyo service stations across the state, where residents can drop their recyclable waste.

According to LAWMA, the collaboration is aimed to further strengthen its Greater Lagos Initiative called the ‘Blue Box Program’ a single stream recyclable collection program that will encourage the separation of recyclable materials from the general waste at the point of generation.

The Executive Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu launched the Blue Box Initiative on the 5th of September, 2019, and determined to deliver in line with his T.H.E.M.E.S pillars of governance agenda, expressed his administration’s readiness to collaborate and partner with the private sector stakeholders.

Blue Bins well stationed at one of Enyo’s Service Stations

So, when the management of Enyo Retail & Supply Limited approached the state government and expressed their interest to partner with them on its Blue Box Recycling Initiative, a partnership aimed at promoting waste sorting from generation, it was welcomed.

Speaking with Western Post Correspondent, Mrs. Jirinsola Ladipo-Okubanjo, Head of Recycling, LAWMA, who also supervises the distribution of the blue bins, said with this partnership, the Blue Box program will gain a wider coverage.

‘I am really excited at this collaboration with the management of Enyo Retail & Supply Limited, it will definitely go a long way for us. When they approached the government and expressed their interest in working with us, we knew this is a step in the right direction.’

‘And as part of their commitment, the Management of Enyo eagerly volunteered their retail outlets including all its thirty filling stations scattered across the state as drop off centres for the re-cycle collection box ‘blue box’.’

Ladipo-Okubanjo said such partnership will consolidate the effort of the Managing Director of LAWMA, Dr. Muyiwa Gbadegesin in ensuring that all residents of the state key into the initiative.

‘With the directive of our MD, we commenced the distributions of the Blue Bins from March 31st and we will continue till we have finished distributions to all Enyo stations in Lagos.’

‘We have dropped off at the following stations; Sangotedo, ibeju lekki, olowo Eko, Lakowe and Owode Onirin Igando Liasu Rd, Ogunsheye, Ikola Ipaja. In addition to the waste bin, we are also distributing 2units of the 1,100L bins and purple bags in each station, the purple bags will be distributed to customers.’

‘Also we have 20 Recyclers assigned to different locations in the state and do not have enough coverage yet. In terms of recyclers the intention is to have over 100 recyclers with 2 in each LG/LCDA.’

‘Our partner, Enyo, have service stations located as far as Epe, badagry outskirts where people usually complain that they do not enjoy govt. interventions or programs so the partnership with Enyo will provide a platform to engage with such far reached areas,’ Ladipo-Okubanjo said

She expressed LAWMA’s readiness to give out incentives to residents to encourage them to make use of the recycle boxes by developing the attitude of waste sorting at point of generation.

Some of the incentives that will come with participation is an opportunity to buy fuel from points accumulated from sorting and dropping off the bags at the filing stations, she noted.

The Lagos State authority says it is working on expanding this distribution to eateries, malls and other public space where people readily have access to. It is believed that 50 percent of wastes generated in the state could be recycled to generate income for the populace, which is in line with Gov. Sanwo-Olu wealth to waste agenda for the state.

Like and Share this:

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Give it a month and you won't even be able to pass that place!

How many dirt's can that take

Will the truck drivers be regular

One is already full!

Sanwo Olu is still suppose to be under an SUG undecided

Lagos is too complex for him to lead!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2020
Good initiative...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Iamgrey5(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Give it a month and you won't even be able to pass that place!

How many dirt's can that take

Will the truck drivers be regular

One is already full!

Sanwo Olu is still suppose to be under an SUG undecided

Lagos is too complex for him to lead!!!
Here to spill vile and hateful comment as usual, while her lovely Aba becomes the head quarters of dirt and filt in the world.

Below is yet another vile from the moniker earlier last week.

Wiseandtrue:

If it's only the 200,000 that's paying tax, would he have accepted

When someone try undecided was he elected to try

We are talking about 21million people and he is catering for just 200,000 shocked shocked shocked shocked and you call that try

In this case, he has not even reach the percentage when you can apply the word try!!! You can say, he made an effort!!!

Remember that the higher percentage left cannot also fend for themselves undecided so what will they be eating Or are they not residing in Lagos State

Forgive me for not celebrating mediocrity!!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2020
It's a good initiative.
The government should just ensure they review it from time to time so as to have a better result.
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Here to spill vile and hateful comment as usual, while her lovely Aba becomes the head quarters of dirt and filt in the world.

Below is yet another vile from the moniker earlier last week.

I am sorry if you are not comfortable with the truth!!!

I have never being known for celebrating mediocrities

Sanwo Olu is not doing well, same goes for Okezie Ikpeazu

I am not particular about ethnicity but good governance but of cause it won't sink into your zombie skull

Let me know when your conscience and not the stipend is talking

Let's celebrate good governance, let's celebrate good leadership!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-olu’s ‘blue Box Initiative’ Gaining Ground As LAWMA Partners Enyo by Iamgrey5(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

I am sorry if you are not comfortable with the truth!!!

I have never being known for celebrating mediocrities

Sanwo Olu is not doing well, same goes for Okezie Ikpeazu

I am not particular about ethnicity but good governance but of cause it won't sink into your zombie skull

Let me know when your conscience and not the stipend is talking

Let's celebrate good governance, let's celebrate good leadership!!!

Which truth? or simply ethnic bigotry at its best.

Please don't put Sanwo and Ikeapzu in the same sentence.

Ikeapzu is a second time governor who failed in his first term yet got elected with a 90 percent majority and still failing in his second term.

Samwo is trying because it's hard to pass a total judgement on his achievements, Lagos is a very populated state that requires a lot of attention.

Meanwhile, I challenge you to bring out a comment of yours where you spill such vile against Ikeapzu as you have done on numerous occasions against Yoruba governors.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Calls On Zoo Government To Destroy Every 5g Technology In Nigeria / Abba Kyari Was Nigeria's President- Nnamdi Kanu / “I Am Utterly Amazed”- Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Gov Wike’s Hotels Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.