Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,929 members, 7,841,552 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 (452 Views)

Senate Faults FG’s Plans To Borrow $200m For Mosquito Nets / Buhari Conditional Cash Transfer Of N20,000 In Imo State / US Faults FG On Soldiers Indicted In Army, Shi'ites’ Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 by dimejiamuda: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2020
President of the Nigerian Senate, Ahmed Lawan, has faulted federal government’s distribution of N20, 000 to some Nigerians as palliative against the economic bite of COVID-19 pandemic.

Mr Lawan said “I think time has come for us to redefine the implementation of the Social Intervention Programme. Probably going out to communities to give them N20, 000 per person might not be the best way to go. It is still an effort, but I think we need a better approach that will be more efficient.”

He said this on Saturday when the federal government requested from the National Assembly the approval of the establishment of a N500 billion COVID-19 Crisis Intervention Fund.......

Read full details below:
https://judicialsketch.com/2020/04/05/covid-19-senate-faults-fgs-distribution-of-n20-000-as-govt-seeks-nass-consent-for-n500b-intervention-fund/
Re: COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 by danietohbadt(m): 9:07am On Apr 05, 2020
Are you kidding me? In just one week, this fraudulent administration has identified eleven million "vulnerable" Nigerians affected by covid-1-9, in just one week again, they've started sharing 20k. A country without database is doing this quite swiftly. This is unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 by Mysticwebb: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2020
danietohbadt:
Are you kidding me? In just one week, this fraudulent administration has identified eleven million "vulnerable" Nigerians affected by covid-1-9, in just one week again, they've started sharing 20k. A country without database is doing this quite swiftly. This is unbelievable!
I'm not surprised at all, locating their pockets which is the true destination of the money won't be difficult at all. Hence, the swift action.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Senate Faults Fg’s Distribution Of N20, 000 by teadrake(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2020
Very poor and pathetic thinking I tell you. You don't just start sharing money to a segment of people and start claiming vulnerable. We're all vulnerable!!! Truth be told, this government and the people making critical decision lack focus and intellectual prowess needed to handle things the way it should be properly handled. Come next election, we need to be wise!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID 19 OR COVID 419,which One Are We Fighting In Nigeria / Rema Give Details On How He Became A Star In Less Than Six Months / Abba Kyari: What you may not know about him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.