Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. (1180 Views)

Pictures And Videos Of The Dangote Refinery And Navy Fleet Review / Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer / Gwagwalada Hospital Ventilator Moved To Aso Rock - Reno Omokri Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by PHAYOL81: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
I read through the thread yesterday where our brothers from the EAST were wailing about Innoson been sidelined and citing Dangote as gotten financial backing from the FG particularly when it has to do with his refinery. Those guys can't cease to amaze me. And I think with them all about digging for any information against the FG to paint every other tribe and the central government black, we just need to put them in there corner for good. FOR ONCE STOP THE COMPARISON, dANGOTE AND iNNOSON ARE NOT MATES. Infact, he has a good lot to learn from Dangote instead.
i DON'T KNOW WHERE THESE PEOPLE GET THEIR INFORMATION FROM ABOUT THE CBN LOANING THE COMPANY FUND FOR THE PROJECT BUT WHAT WAS CLEAR WAS THE FACT THAT THE DANGOTE GROUP SOURCED THE FUND THAT WAS USED IN BUILDING THE REFINERY PROJECT FROM EXTERNAL ENTITY. The link below should clear your doubt but you may need to consult google for further proof if not satisfied. Of course, quite a number of news outlet in the country both offline and online covered it. The link below:
www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/1415180/dangote-construct-refinery-petrochemical-complex/1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/1415180/dangote-construct-refinery-petrochemical-complex/1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfpRUw_DyqvH-N5T
To start with, I'm not a northerner so this doesn't feel like I have the interest of the tribe at heart but I just can't overlook misinformation especially when someone is making it lokk like a certain group or individual are/is being marginalized. Feel free to go through my posts to clear your doubt over this.
The post I provided was when Dangote declared the amount needed to get the refinery into existence. He said the whole project would cost a whooping $9billion out of which he planned to source between $3.5-$4billion from his company account while FINANCIER, provide the remaining loan. He went on to comfirmed that the two parties have met and the deal to procure $5.5billion had been agreed which was to be signed that September. That was 2013 when he was proposing to cite the project in both Ondo and Ogun before disagreement between the company and the Ondo state government meant Fashola took advantage of the situation to persuade him to consider citing the entire project in Lagos instead. This thing is on the internet; clear your doubt.
So like I had said in previous post, there ain't no comparison here. The Dangote guy saw opportunity and like he said in the interview in the news article, he wasn't even targetting Nigeria but the whole Sub-Sahara Africa because, as he posited, none of the countries in focus had got a new refinery built around that period. Now how does his case compare with Innoson? Take away that tribal veil from your eyes, this guy is a complte businessman. His focus was different. His drive is exemplary, challenging.
Of course, kudos to the Lagos State government for providing an enabling environment for his progress not only on this refinery project but also on all other aspect of his business of which Lagos remain, undoubtedly, his biggest market and kudos to the FederalGovernment for the ease of business policies aiding both start-ups and established enterpreneurs to develop independently but that doesn't mean he get extraordinary favour above others. Come to think of it, he even said in one of his interview early last year or late 2018 that he wasn't going to give the FG any discount on purchase other than the consideration on the cost of transit from his facility to the destination of the supply. Does that sound like one who is indebted to the FG?
Lastly, to butress my point on the focus of the company over the supply and sale of oil to and fro the facility, the mindset of servicing the Sub-Sahara brought Lagos into making the decision of setting up the LASG Lekki deep sea-port project which, unlike the Innoson that's on the FG neck to sell his intended product, is aimed at enabling easy access to the sea for the movement of crude oil into the facility and the exportation of refined products to all port of needs outside the country; among many other Lagos state import and export activities. Although, for the fact that Lagos State remains under the FG, the latter will also have her custom personnels around to monitor all transit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
PHAYOL81:
[s]I read through the thread yesterday where our brothers from the EAST were wailing about Innoson been sidelined and citing Dangote as gotten financial backing from the FG particularly when it has to do with his refinery. Those guys can't cease to amaze me. And I think with them all about digging for any information against the FG to paint every other tribe and the central government black, we just need to put them in there corner for good. FOR ONCE STOP THE COMPARISON, dANGOTE AND iNNOSON ARE NOT MATES. Infact, he has a good lot to learn from Dangote instead.
i DON'T KNOW WHERE THESE PEOPLE GET THEIR INFORMATION FROM ABOUT THE CBN LOANING THE COMPANY FUND FOR THE PROJECT BUT WHAT WAS CLEAR WAS THE FACT THAT THE DANGOTE GROUP SOURCED THE FUND THAT WAS USED IN BUILDING THE REFINERY PROJECT FROM EXTERNAL ENTITY. The link below should clear your doubt but you may need to consult google for further proof if not satisfied. Of course, quite a number of news outlet in the country both offline and online covered it. The link below:
www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/1415180/dangote-construct-refinery-petrochemical-complex/1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/1415180/dangote-construct-refinery-petrochemical-complex/1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfpRUw_DyqvH-N5T
To start with, I'm not a northerner so this doesn't feel like I have the interest of the tribe at heart but I just can't overlook misinformation especially when someone is making it lokk like a certain group or individual are/is being marginalized. Feel free to go through my posts to clear your doubt over this.
The post I provided was when Dangote declared the amount needed to get the refinery into existence. He said the whole project would cost a whooping $9billion out of which he planned to source between $3.5-$4billion from his company account while FINANCIER, provide the remaining loan. He went on to comfirmed that the two parties have met and the deal to procure $5.5billion had been agreed which was to be signed that September. That was 2013 when he was proposing to cite the project in both Ondo and Ogun before disagreement between the company and the Ondo state government meant Fashola took advantage of the situation to persuade him to consider citing the entire project in Lagos instead. This thing is on the internet; clear your doubt.
So like I had said in previous post, there ain't no comparison here. The Dangote guy saw opportunity and like he said in the interview in the news article, he wasn't even targetting Nigeria but the whole Sub-Sahara Africa because, as he posited, none of the countries in focus had got a new refinery built around that period. Now how does his case compare with Innoson? Take away that tribal veil from your eyes, this guy is a complte businessman. His focus was different. His drive is exemplary, challenging.
Of course, kudos to the Lagos State government for providing an enabling environment for his progress not only on this refinery project but also on all other aspect of his business of which Lagos remain, undoubtedly, his biggest market and kudos to the FederalGovernment for the ease of business policies aiding both start-ups and established enterpreneurs to develop independently but that doesn't mean he get extraordinary favour above others. Come to think of it, he even said in one of his interview early last year or late 2018 that he wasn't going to give the FG any discount on purchase other than the consideration on the cost of transit from his facility to the destination of the supply. Does that sound like one who is indebted to the FG?
Lastly, to butress my point on the focus of the company over the supply and sale of oil to and fro the facility, the mindset of servicing the Sub-Sahara brought Lagos into making the decision of setting up the LASG Lekki deep sea-port project which, unlike the Innoson that's on the FG neck to sell his intended product, is aimed at enabling easy access to the sea for the movement of crude oil into the facility and the exportation of refined products to all port of needs outside the country; among many other Lagos state import and export activities. Although, for the fact that Lagos State remains under the FG, the latter will also have her custom personnels around to monitor all transit[/s].

You Afonjas need serious deliverance from your envy for Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by Obamaofusa: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
biafranation:

You Afonjas need serious deliverance from your envy for Igbos

OSU will always be OSU.Empty head. grin

3 Likes

Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by Babatunde40(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
Stop crying bro. Tribalism won't feed you. Dangote won't give you N5

Anyone who says Dangote didn't get special treatment for his refinery is lying to himself. The special treatment is fine. I want the refinery to work.

1 Like

Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by Smithkafors(m): 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
https://dangote-group.africa-newsroom.com/press/federal-government-pledges-support-towards-completion-of-dangote-petroleum-refinery

https://www.thecable.ng/emefiele-cbn-soon-start-sourcing-forex-dangote-group/amp

Normally I avoid threads like this, however,some people are trying hard to bury the truth.This from dangote official website and cable . Nigeria government through cbn is directly sourcing forex for dangote.
Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by sapientia(m): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Smithkafors:
https://dangote-group.africa-newsroom.com/press/federal-government-pledges-support-towards-completion-of-dangote-petroleum-refinery

https://www.thecable.ng/emefiele-cbn-soon-start-sourcing-forex-dangote-group/amp

Normally I avoid threads like this, however,some people are trying hard to bury the truth.This from dangote official website and cable . Nigeria government through cbn is directly sourcing forex for dangote.

For posterity
Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by slimfit1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dangote have been supported right from the time of Abacha. Dangote killed a lot of businesses in Nigeria through government connections. We can lie or pretend like that didn't happen but it did thank you just want to express myself good evening bye.
Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by slimfit1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
Exclusive101:

And I was here thinking Dangote had been supported from colonial Era so it was just during Abacha he got government support n your tribe as been hating on him since. I tot your tribes initiated support for Abacha n his policies with pathetic Igbo Youth earnestly asking for Abacha the dictator ?!

OK that aside those Igbos Azikwe supported when he was the president where are they now or have they all failed?

I'm yoruba abeg
Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by MetaPhysical: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
In my honest opinion if you look into the equity ownership of Dangote refinery you are likely to find names like Otedola, Tinubu, Fashola, Saraki, Ooni, Chagoury, Obasanjo, Sanusi, Abubakar, Daura, and so on....beside Dantata and Dangote kins themselves. Those small equity owners are prospectors who, having knowledge and familiarity in Dangote's capacity to build success, view the project as a outlet to build wealth and growth. This is called confidence level and creditworthiness. Dangote has credibility for success thus he is a low risk to sink money into.

When there is a social get together - chieftaincy, naming ceremony, wedding, funeral, anniversary, birthday - those names I listed are the same people you will see at the gathering. They are not all in the same political party or belong in same ethnicity or religion....but their investments are joined at the hips and they oil those joints through relationships at social gatherings.

You will see Obasanjo, a Christian, at Nikkahi ceremony of Emir of Gwandu's daughter, seated where muslim clerics are doing prayers and he is saying Amen along. Tinubu is there, Saraki is there, Abubakar is there, Daura is there, Ooni is there...all saying Amen to the prayers recited from Quran.

Chief Adebutu is giving away his daughter in Church wedding in Abeokuta, you look and there is Dangote, Otedola, Fashola, Abubakar, Obasanjo, their hats taken off and in the grip of their hands as they chorus Amen to the pastor's shout of In Jesus Name!

Akiolu is celebrating anniversary of his coronation.....Dangote, Sanusi, Otedola, Tinubu, Fashola, Daura, Chagoury, Saraki.....they are all there chanting Ashe to prayers!

Guys, there is nothing Innoson cannot get in this country if he wants it. Nothing! He has proven himself capable in starting an industry and making a success for himself. However, in Nigeria, business success goes beyond money. Money is the ingredient to be on the list of capacity builders. Once you are in the list you now have to build and sustain power. Power is not gotten in isolation and apathy for diversity.

The root cause of Innoson problem is his isolation away from power.

Chris Maduka - Coscharis Motors - can get access into corridors of power faster than Innoson and its because he has learnt that diversity and social mix is the backbone of economic power and he practices those lessons. Once or twice he got himself in trouble and almost lost it all.....but he humbled himself and saved his business empire.

Innoson should distance himself from those who brand him as an Ibo business and use him to wave a flag of superiority over others. They are doing harm to him by branding him an Ibo business.

Innoson can manufacture ventilators and anything he wants....not just for Nigeria...but for Africa. Obasanjo has political influence in all African countries. Dangote has economic influence in all African countries. So what does Innoson want that he cannot get....the whole Africa is a market for his ventilator. Money will not get him to that point. Diversity and mix will get him there.

Unfortunately Ibo have no respect for diversity and are not willling to play second fiddle to anybody....so he remains limited and confined.

I stop here!

1 Like

Re: Between Dangote's Refinery And Innoson's Ventilator Project: The Funding. by PHAYOL81: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Smithkafors:

Sorry I COULDN'T RESPOND TO THIS EARLIER, it's down to some fault with my pc. But the links you posted seemed not to buy with your sentiments. Infact, it supported why I opened this thread. In the first one the CBN governor and his train of officials visited the facility and was amazed at how far and big the project had gone. So in his speech, the CBN governor pledged support because, as he said, a project of that magnitude and in that phase of completion should be in the focus and interest of the FG. Now consider that he wasn't there to see an empty site but an ongoing construction with some phases already completed even and it was because of the look of things on ground that made him asked the company if they'll need support for the FG would be ready to help seeing the position of things. Dangote wasn't the one who asked for support but Emefiele was the one who pledged; and unlike Innoson, he had been constructing his project with focus on so many interests than just the Nigerian society.
The second link saw Emefiele said it might be probable in future that the nation might be reduced to source their forex FROM the Dangote's group and not the other way round. Go back and read the content of your link properly. Although in the course of the article, it was stated that the FG was ready to help with every Naira should in case its assistance is needed. THe Dangote group had to thank the CBN governor and rather asked for the support he got with the Cement factory that had make the production self sufficient and another point of export.
Here, what we should rather ask ourselves is the support he got with the Cement factory. Perhaps, you know it's a favourable policy. He was just asking of an environment that wouldn't destabilise his plan over the project. How is that too much of a asking?
Remember this guy already had his targets in mind which are not primarily Nigerians but the SOUTH AMERICANS, ASIANS, EUROPEANS and the NORTH, CENTRAL AND WEST AFRICANS hence the construction of the refinery facility to meet the standard of the World requirements. It's even there in your links, all you need is just go through them.
So how's he like Innoson? It was the CBN who wanted to help but the Dangote is self sufficient. Early this year or thereabout, the Dangote group had even went on to sell bonds in the UK stock to power/fund the Cement factory that was suffering due to the focus on the refinery. He even planned on crashing into the US stock too before the Covid19 saga hence I couldn't get more of the story.
Please, Dangote and Innoson ain't mate. Them being in the same sentence is an insult to the billionaire Kano indigene.
Read through your links carefully and you will realised it's in support of my observation. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

WTI Oil Plunges Below Zero For First Time, Sells At -$35 Per Barrel / BREAKING: UN Confirms Atiku May Contest 2023 Presidential Election In Another Co / Ajimobi's Wife, Mrs Florence Ajimobi Debunks Her Fight With Gov. Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.