Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio (18376 Views)

Gov Abubakar Sani Bello restates The Crucial Roles Of Traditional And Religious / APC Chiefs Ask Buhari To Sack Akpabio For Constituting NDDC Committee / Re: Sack Akpabio Now - A Jaundiced Demand By The Ijaw Youth Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by AnonPoet: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Members of the Niger Delta Ijaw Development and Response Assembly (NDIDRA), read with dismay, the scanty rebuttal of corruption allegations levelled against Chief Godswill Akpabio, the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs and the supervising Minister of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) by the spokesperson of the Commission, acting on the prompting of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) in “The Nation” Online, on The 5th Of April 2020; regarding Chief Akpabio’s activities in the Commission. It was a failed attempt to distract the public from the fact that Chief Akpabio is sucking the NDDC dry and causing untold hardship on the Niger Delta people.

We state emphatically that the corruption allegations against Chief Godswill Akpabio as published on https://www.nairaland.com/5772032/nddc-ijaw-group-ask-buhari are factual, backed with documentary evidence, if the Nigerian anti-corruption agencies care to investigate him. We also urge the general public to avail itself of these facts because both oral and documentary evidences are readily available in the public domain.

While we sympathize with members of the current IMC in their worthless attempts to exonerate themselves from the ongoing rot in the NDDC, it is suffice to say that they cannot defend the corrupt practices of Chief Godswill Akpabio since he became the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs and the supervising Minister of the NDDC. We also want to remind them that they are also complicit in the ongoing rot in the NDDC and their shameful attempt to coverup Akpabio’s loot only has them dipping their hands in deeper.

For the avoidance of doubt, we have stated here again some of the specific corruption allegations we made in our previous publications for the Federal Government, its anti-corruption agencies and the general public to take note of.
1. The establishment of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) is itself a corrupt effort perpetrated by Chief Godswill Akpabio. It is an aberration and must be scrapped.
Mr. President must reconstitute the NDDC Board without further delay.

2. Mr. President ordered the forensic audit to take place in the Commission on the 17th of October 2019. It is 6 months now, and still counting. What has taken place since then? Who are the auditors appointed to carry out the forensic audit? Why are they afraid to carry out the forensic audit? The Niger Delta people will like to know.

3. The amount to complete the permanent Headquarters of the NDDC located along Eastern By-pass, Port Harcourt, was pegged at N6b by the NDDC Engineers empanelled to cost the project but the contract was awarded to Rodnab Construction Ltd at the cost of N16b. Does this not amount to contract inflation?

4. In the middle of this Coronavirus lockdown, Chief Akpabio and his IMC puppets are operating from Golden Tulip Hotel Port Harcourt, making payments to their cronies with phoney contracts to make sure they empty the treasury before normalcy returns.

The complete contract sum of N16b has now been paid to Rodnab Construction Ltd while the project is less than 70% complete. Does government in Nigeria now make full payment and issue certificate of completion of a contract that is yet to be completed?

5. Since 2016 under the leadership of Nsima Ekere as the Managing Director, the Commission has been awash with contracts for clearing Water Hyacinths, Emergency Projects and River De-silting. Chief Godswill Akpabio is a major beneficiary of these contracts. Are you also denying that fact?

6. The sum of N65b has been paid for clearing of Water Hyacinths. Chief Godswill Akpabio received N1.9b and N700m within two weeks interval on assumption of office and is processing additional N30b payment for the same non-existent jobs.

7. Chief Akpabio received N4b payment for supply of Lassa fever equipments that were never supplied.

8. Chief Akpabio sponsored militants to attack oil installations in Bayelsa State and paid them N100m. This was to put pressure on Dr. Joy Nunieh to pay some of the phoney contracts belonging to him and his cohorts. The N100m was released to the militants through Rodnab Construction Ltd’s Zenith Bank account on the 10th of Feb.

9. The NDDC spokesperson was silent on Emergency contracts in his response to our publication. 80% of recent payments were for Emergency Jobs, one of the three ways the Commission is defrauded. The other two are Water Hyacinth and River De-silting. 20% of recent payments made by the present IMC cover these two fraud infested areas.

10. In the matter of staff redeployment, the Commission re-deployed, in some cases, four Directors from the Headquarters to one State office where only one Director is needed. Junior personnel, with little or no experiences, have taken the positions of these Directors so that Chief Akpabio can have unfettered access to the Commission’s treasury.

Finally, it is worthy to state that the members of the NDIDRA are not contractors to NDDC and have not benefitted either directly or indirectly from the NDDC. We therefore do not have pecuniary interest or seeking attention as alleged by the spokesperson of the Commission.

We however wish to state that we have a stake in this legacy and will defend it at all cost. A majority of those who fought for the creation of the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (OMPADEC) and the present NDDC are angered by what is going on and have vowed to resist a further degeneration of the situation. The NDIDRA will continue to release the FACTS to destroy all attempts to mislead our people with their lies. This should therefore serve as a call on President Buhari to sack and investigate Akpabio and also for the forensic auditors to commence work immediately but most not be under the supervision of Chief Akpabio or else we will use other means available to us to stop our common patrimony squandered in this manner.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/ndidra-restates-commitment-to-rid-nddc-of-corrupt-officials/

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by ChaoHendrix: 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
I'll rather be a Bobrisky than be a president like Buhari..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Chidimercy: 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
The guy above me, seems you are using 5G already!!!

Any post not related to coronavirus update or solution.. I can't read it for now.

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by B3sty(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ok...Akpabio Dined and Wined with the Common Enemy(Devil), Let Him face the Music Alone.
What am I even Saying....?
I don't have time to read all this.
Stay Safe Nigeria!!!
Happy Palm Sunday to You All!

2 Likes

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by BeerParlour: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
He should be punished

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Stillthebest: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
kiss

We are facing corona for now...
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by TimeIsMoney247: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
No aligation is leveled against anyone God'swill is a curupt leader like other Nigerian leaders

And I can see that Ijaw people are now loosing their trust from nowadays government so they try everything to become relevant

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Benesis: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Itipeke, you guys have been on that spot fir years now, someone from this side also got the job and you bitches are saying sack... E sak ette mbufo doo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by spafu(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
The rate at which Corruption is going under Buhari's government, if Corona should allow the next Olympic to hold, we are most likely to win the Gold Medal �.

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by sylve11: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
I don't know if I should call this op unwise fellow. Doesn't he know that NDDC was created on the bed rock of "chop I chop?. I can tell you that he's even fighting for his own pocket because if whatever his aim is, is eventually achieved, he will care less whenever anybody from even his own community is complaining. Something is not right with Nigerians.

*He is greatest who is most often in men’s good thoughts"., I can't say this for anybody who has ascended the high sit of NDDC.

When who you dey fight for eventually enters, he compensates you with contracts and you go mute like deaf and dumb when another man complains.

Op, get lost with your evidence. All of you are same! angry cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Benesis: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Oil price is falling to almost 20$ and this guys want to still be eating large, amnesty fire, me wey be be citizen of the creek weytin follo comot for me..
mbok make una dey una dey,

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by festacman(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Why is it only Ijaw organization that is bitterly spearheading this onslaught when NDDC activities cover 8 states with tens of ethnic nationalities? Why? Please quit this show of superiority complex and carry others ethnic groups along if these allegations are true.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Stupid people...

Buhari will appoint a Fulani man and they will shout.

Animals... You can't Let go greed

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by lekan3531(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who den help....

If dey like make den sack am

Oloriburuku people
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Roon9(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
See wetin these ones they fight for... Nawa
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Noblebrown7(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Booked
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by JubrinElSudan: 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who else read it as NDI ARA? grin Mad People

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Mrquadreal(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
long over due
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by willexyaho(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ok
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by joshjc(m): 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
My God,I just lost my mom, all my plans for her,she didn't even stay to see when I will get married and carry my child, all to live with me,, chai God why

12 Likes

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by cybertron88: 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Una go write articles tire. Akpabio is going no where.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by SleekyP(m): 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
go ahead cool
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by GeniusWeb: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Move on
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by iCauseTrouble: 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Just infect him with Corona...... Simpu grin
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by cnnamoko(m): 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who else thought it was NDIARA?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by PureGoldh(m): 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
There is fire on the mountain and Akpabio seems not to be running

1 Like

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by helinues: 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
NDIARA
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by Codes151(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
All this face less idiots
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by TheSociopath(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Who do Nigeria like this

2 Likes

Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by guru90: 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
NDIARA means madness in igbo language.
Re: NDIDRA Restates The Need To Sack Akpabio by guru90: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
cnnamoko:
Who else thought it was NDIARA?
I think as well brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Gambari’s New Insidious Assault On The Media - By Farooq A. Kperogi / Senate Minority Leader, Abaribe, Shuns Second Year Anniversary Special Session / Crowd Awaits APC's North West Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.