Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,952,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Kyle Walker To Face Manchester City Disciplinary Action For Breaching Lockdown - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kyle Walker To Face Manchester City Disciplinary Action For Breaching Lockdown (273 Views)

Ivan Toney fined, suspended for 8 months for Breaching Betting Rules / Manchester City's Kyle Walker Handed A Three-Match Champions League Ban / Kyle Walker Trolls Liverpool, Deletes Tweet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kyle Walker To Face Manchester City Disciplinary Action For Breaching Lockdown by Hugo7(m): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Manchester City defender, kyle walker to face disciplinary action from his club for breaching lockdown rule in spite of the apology he issued.

The England defender apologized after it was alleged that he held a house party, breaching the government lockdown rule.

A statement released by the city defender says “I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week which have resulted in a story today about my private life in a tabloid newspaper.

“I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down.

“There are heroes out there making a vital difference to society at the moment, and I have been keen to help support and highlight their amazing sacrifices and life-saving work over the past week.

“My actions in this matter are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown. And I want to re-iterate the message: stay home, stay safe.”

The 29-year-old year-old is the second high profile, premier league player caught disobeying the government guidelines after Aston Villa Jack Grealish who was pictured at the scene of an accident.

A statement released by City “Manchester City FC are aware of a story in a tabloid newspaper regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lockdown and social distancing rules.
READ MORE @ https://www.sportelo.com.ng/kyle-walker-to-face-manchester-city-disciplinary-action-for-breaching-lockdown/

Re: Kyle Walker To Face Manchester City Disciplinary Action For Breaching Lockdown by Abfinest007(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
he should face his punishment squarely
Re: Kyle Walker To Face Manchester City Disciplinary Action For Breaching Lockdown by Lurkin(m): 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
walking Walker

(1) (Reply)

Former Chelsea Star Mikel Undecided On Botafogo Move / Footballer, Neymar’s Mother Is Dating A 22-year-old After Splitting From Husband / When Lockdown Hits Sports Betting, Viewing Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.