Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again (566 Views)

*good For Democracy* South East Pdp Lead By Olisa Metu Ask Okwy Nwodo To Resign / Pdp Chairman, Okwezilieze Nwodo, Removed / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by Beaf: 3:30am On Jan 01, 2011
[size=14pt]2011: IBB writes Nwodo again[/size]
Yusuf Alli 01/01/2011 02:46:00

Despite pressure on him not to quit, ex-President Ibrahim Babangida yesterday wrote a letter to the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, indicating his formal withdrawal from the presidential primary election of the party.

The withdrawal from the race by the ex-President dealt a blow to the Plan B by some members of the Northern Political Leaders Forum who have been mounting pressure on Babangida and two others to go for the PDP’s screening of the presidential aspirants in case the North’s consensus candidate, ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, is disqualified in the last minutes.

But there were strong indications that the Presidential Screening Committee of the PDP might be announced on Monday after a meeting with the campaign directorates of President Goodluck Jonathan, ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Mrs. Sarah Jibril and Adamu Dutsinma.

In Babangida’s letter, which was dated December 31, 2010 and exclusively obtained by The Nation, he said he is withdrawing from the race in line with the consensus arrangement put in place by the Northern Political Leaders Forum(NPLF).

The letter reads: "This letter submits for the kind consideration and approval of the National Working Committee of our great party-the Peoples Democratic Party of Nigeria (PDP), a request to withdraw from all the processes leading to and including PDP primary elections scheduled for January 13, 2011.

"You will recall that in September 2010, I had completed and submitted the Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms in accordance with the provisions of the electoral guidelines set out by the party.

"As a result of the consensus arrangement to which I voluntarily and willingly subscribe, I write to inform you of my decision to withdraw forthwith from all the processes leading to the selection and emergence of our party’s presidential flag bearer.

"Whilst extending my highest regards to your good selves and the party, I wish to convey my gratitude to the party for the opportunity given me to express my interest in the first place."

It was learnt that Babangida might have shunned pressure from some members of the NPLF to go for the screening of the presidential aspirants of the PDP as part of Plan B in case Atiku is disqualified.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: "Babangida has repeatedly maintained that he is a man of his word and will stick to the consensus arrangement.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23418.html
Re: 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by Beaf: 3:31am On Jan 01, 2011
Looks like massive "concensus" problems are kicking off. IBB who is known to silently hold grudges for long, has cast Atiku's "concensus" boat loose and feels insulted.
He is expected to follow Saraki out of PDP within weeks.
Re: 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by Boboribo: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2011
66 views, 1 useless comment from op

verdict = useless post grin grin grin
Re: 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by Metalgoong(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2011
This shows that IBB is strongly committed to the consensus agreement. . . . . GEJ will meet his political waterloo at the PDP presidential primary. I really pity the him.
Re: 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by jamace(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
This shows that IBB is strongly committed to the consensus agreement. . . . . GEJ will meet his political waterloo at the PDP presidential primary. I really pity the him.

Do you think so? Don't underate "maradona". From my observation, IBB followers on this forum are moving support to BUHARI instead of ATIKU. Which means that the foot soldiers have gone to prepare ground for the big masquerade, IBB to move in. Just watch.

I see that IBB wants to fulfil the quest for a Northern President through another party, not PDP, after destroying PDP. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: 2011: IBB Writes Nwodo Again by Beaf: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2011
Metalgoong:

Oga, this is approaching delusion now! grin
IBB is dumping Atiku and PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Threatens Enugu Lawmakers Over Atiku’ / Lesson Learned: Ghananian Crude Oil Not A Curse / Nigeria's New Import Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.