Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Best Order To Start Learning Programming For Newbies. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Order To Start Learning Programming For Newbies. (778 Views)

Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Order To Start Learning Programming For Newbies. by ekumahost: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2020
No matter what you wish to do with programming, be it machine learning, data science, robotics, blockchain, mobile apps, desktop apps, network protocols, ETC, you must start from HTML. you heard me well, I have over 18 yrs experience in programming, I have guided over 100 successfully and amazing software developers. And Build Several Sophisticated applications used worldwide. So listen, anything I say is what you should listen to.
Apart from you should start from computer appreciation which involves learning how to use the computer, how to type, use microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, etc. of cus you already should know these things. It is now time to dive into programming, you must start from html. I repeat, start from html. stop looking for Java or Python when you don't even know html.

0. computer appreciation
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. JAVASCRIPT
3B. NodeJS/ExpressJS
4. JQUERY/AJAX
5. JSON, CSV, TXT
6. BOOTSTRAP
7. GIT/GITHUB
8. Introduction to Linus Command Line(Ubuntu 18.4)
9. Introduction to API
10. Mongo Db
11. SQL (MYSQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL)
12. Introduction to PHP
13. Apache, Ignix, TomCat
14. Introduction to Docker
15. Python/Java
16. Flask (Python Web Framework)
17. Machine Learning/ Ai/ Data Science
18. Any other area you wish to go into.
NB: stop asking for the programming language that is the best. Find the one you love and start and start using it. You get to love something if you interact with it and it looks amazing to you. In the world of programming all language are the same; it is the programmers that are not the same. so be the best programmer thats all. Be the type that choose the language that best suit a project then execute.

from Ekumahost, Fastest Software Developer that works
Build Anything; completed works will convince you.
www.ekumaly.com
Re: The Best Order To Start Learning Programming For Newbies. by Playforkeeps(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
Great list, although there are a lot of technologies a true newbie wouldn’t need to learn that are included in the list such as AI & Data Science

(1) (Reply)

HTML-CSS Tutorial: How To Create A Pricing Page With HTML And CSS / Can I Make A Living Out Of This? / ALX SE Or Decagon SE - Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.