Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? (10957 Views)

Where Can One Learn Ethical Hacking In Nsukka / What Digital Skill Can One Learn On Phone / Programming For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Should one go into programming for the sole aim of making money?
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2020
Absolutely. It's why I learnt programming. Money and tons of job opportunities.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
I like you, i just don't know why smiley

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by bularuz(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
How did you make money from programming
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Donpre(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Do it for whatever reason you want to do. It doesn't matter

For money?

For passion?

its all the same to many-faced god

However it isn't a get-rich-quick scheme. Its hard work, lots of hard work, studying, tutorials, documentation, experimenting... some times your code just don't work and you don't know why, very frustrating.
Its not an easy road and before you start getting paid, it'll take months, if not up to a year as competition is steadily rising.
In fact if you're not good enough to impress people with your work, you won't ever get paid.

Aside all the pessimism above, it is very rewarding.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by sylve11: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
@ op, “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” - Oprah Winfrey. cool

2 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Miyachi: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
Simple answer, no.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by JackWolfskin: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
No.

Learn it so you can do FREE WORK for me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Legalcriminal: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
What kind of question is this ?
You wan dey do free job

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Dpharisee: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please don't learn programming, so that you won't join them in begging us on every thread on Nairaland to open website or draw cartoon of our grandmother's picture

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by slawormiir: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Yes na

What is life all about

Life is all about smoking weed, banging pussy, drinking enough bottles, seeking for knowledge and the most important one is MAKING SOME MONEY

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Kingv(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Should one open business for the sole aim of making money?

2 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Profayo: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
You will be frustrated, same thing when someone opens a blog with the sole aim of making money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by viralmaged: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by inoki247: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
grin grin grin

Nothing Wey DJ Jimmy Jatt no go see inside speaker...

shey u wan learn to be poor ni...

6 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by hustla(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
lmao before nko
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by osamz007: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
NO FOR.MORE MONEY
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Latestinfo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
Omo. This one weak me oh
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
If money is your aim, please go ahead.

People go into a lot of booming careers simply because of money, as long as you can defend it

For Example: Oil & Gas, Nursing, Software Eng, Pilot Industries etc.

8 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by osamz007: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
inoki247:
grin grin grin
Nothing Wey DJ Jimmy Jatt no go see inside Speaker...
shey u wan learn to be poor ni...
what of spinall

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by whytediamond(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
We need to learn how to ask questions properly.

3 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
I like you, i just don't know why smiley
after looking your profile I clearly understood why you like him, you like anything that has to do with money and levels.....money is your drug and anyone who agrees with you gets instant appreciation.

3 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by setobaba: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
I want to learn this for the sake of knowing it that’s all

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by twutin1: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
No.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Juanmike(m): 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
No
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by DEMZEE(m): 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
I so much hate programming

I rather prefer hard assets skills like real estate investing or starting a big business project.

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
bularuz:

How did you make money from programming
Freelancing, build your own startup

4 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by ReactGA: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
Well to me, yes and no.

Yes because technically that's why we're all working (any kind of work)

No cause as someone said above, it's not a quick rich scheme. In fact u'll be tired of it so many times if things aren't working well, it is ur passion that would keep pushing you.

Learn it because of passion. If you don't have develop it, a lot of it towards a particular field.

Money would definitely come.

And remember there's nothing as sweet as earning from what you like doing (things you'll do ordinarily without any money involved)
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Peterus604: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
I luv code by don't know the one to start first
1) I luv Java
2) i web designing/developer
3) I luv graphics
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by parkervero(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
Money should not be what drive you into programming otherwise you will get frustrated by the time you get fired for your incompetence you'll know that you SD is a career not only money making. Solving problems drive us.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Back Pain As A Software Designer /Developer? / Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions / Application For The Free 3MTT Programme Is Ongoing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.