Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? (1082 Views)

Network Administrator Needed / Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Please bear with me concerning my grammatical errors. I friend of mine asked me an important question that I failed to answer properly.
He wants to learn Cisco networking but the problem here is someone was telling him that Network administrator is different from Cisco networking honestly personally I don't see much difference there.
Secondly he wants something that will put food on his table after learning it. Well I suggested he try Data Analysis which to me I believe is easy to secure work than network administrator.
So my question here is between Data Analysis and programming network administrator which do he go for? Are there any other I.T programs far better than these two?
And what's different between Cisco network and network administrator? Please help push to front page thank you
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Playforkeeps(m): 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hey OP, sometimes these job roles can be really confusing which makes it important to always seek out clarification on what duty each role is expected perform.
-one difference between a Cisco Net Admin and a Network Administrator is just the specialization in Cisco technologies by the Cisco admin
-another difference is also in how they are certified, a Cisco admin in this context is someone certified through the CCNA Certification exams whilst the more vendor agnostic Network admin will be more likely to have a Comptia Network certification.

And lastly you should make it a point to explain to your friend that Data Analysis is closer to the AI sector whilst a Network Admin works closer to the OSI model, nevertheless most of these roles are intertwined and I encourage him to learn the most he can, cheers!

1 Like

Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by spoilerx: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
I worked previously as a Network/ security engineer.

I started with Cisco certifications, nothing wrong with that . while on the job u learn how to work with several other vendors like Palo Alto firewalls + specialized firewalls like Imperva WAF and DB firewalls, Cisco call manager, Cisco ISE. infact when u start working u realise there's alot to learn.

Cisco certification would give u good foundation to start with .

if u don't like Cisco , there are others . etc Juniper , Huawei

as per Network admin and d other , na title .

Your job description depends on ur organization.

A Network engineer for an ISP would have different role than one in a bank .

It is important to have a good foundation and expect to learn continuously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Alpheziz: 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
Edusteve:
Good morning everyone,
Please bear with me concerning my grammatical errors. I friend of mine asked me an important question that I failed to answer properly.
He wants to learn Cisco networking but the problem here is someone was telling him that Network administrator is different from Cisco networking honestly personally I don't see much difference there.
Secondly he wants something that will put food on his table after learning it. Well I suggested he try Data Analysis which to me I believe is easy to secure work than network administrator.
So my question here is between Data Analysis and programming network administrator which do he go for? Are there any other I.T programs far better than these two?
And what's different between Cisco network and network administrator? Please help push to front page thank you

Tell wot friend to focus on fata analysis... Start with Tableau, Sql then Python....He can master the first two within 3 months like 6hrs everyday.. cod land a job with it.. Then focus on improving his python skills as he begins to work... Other languages like R will come in later.. From here he can branch into data science and artificial intelligence but he has to land a job first... This is why I encourage him to start with Tableau and sql

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
Alpheziz:

Tell wot friend to focus on fata analysis... Start with Tableau, Sql then Python....He can master the first two within 3 months like 6hrs everyday.. cod land a job with it.. Then focus on improving his python skills as he begins to work... Other languages like R will come in later.. From here he can branch into data science and artificial intelligence but he has to land a job first... This is why I encourage him to start with Tableau and sql
God bless I deeply appreciate.
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
spoilerx:
I worked previously as a Network/ security engineer.

I started with Ciso certifications, nothing wrong with that . while on the job u learn how to work with several other vendors like Palo Alto firewalls + specialized firewalls like Imperva WAF and DB firewalls, Cisco call manager, Cisco ISE. infact when u start working u realise there's alot to learn.

Cisco certification would give u good foundation to start with .

if u don't like Cisco , there are others . etc Juniper , Huawei

as per Network admin and d other , na title .

Your job description depends on ur organization.

A Network engineer for an ISP would have different role than one in a bank .

It is important to have a good foundation and expect to learn continuously.

Thank you so much God bless
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Edusteve(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
Playforkeeps:
Hey OP, sometimes these job roles can be really confusing which makes it important to always seek out clarification on what duty each role is expected perform.
-one difference between a Cisco Net Admin and a Network Administrator is just the specialization in Cisco technologies by the Cisco admin
-another difference is also in how they are certified, a Cisco admin in this context is someone certified through the CCNA Certification exams whilst the more vendor agnostic Network admin will be more likely to have a Comptia Network certification.

And lastly you should make it a point to explain to your friend that Data Analysis is closer to the AI sector whilst a Network Admin works closer to the OSI model, nevertheless most of these roles are intertwined and I encourage him to learn the most he can, cheers!
Thank you so much remain bless
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Anonime1105(m): 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
Alpheziz:

How easy is it to secure a data analyst job in Nigeria without a BSC in computer science and related course, i.e a self taught analyst?
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Alpheziz: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
Anonime1105:

How easy is it to secure a data analyst job in Nigeria without a BSC in computer science and related course, i.e a self taught analyst?

What is your Bsc...is it in the physical science area?
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Guencat: 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Alpheziz:

What about me I have OND in computer science?
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Alpheziz: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Guencat:

What about me I have OND in computer science?

You are good to go... But as you learn the skills push for Bsc
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Anonime1105(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2020
Alpheziz:

Bsc.Edu Biology Education
Re: Between Data Analysis And Programming Network Administrator Which One Is Better? by Alpheziz: 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Anonime1105:

Bsc.Edu Biology Education

One thing about data analysis is that it cuts across every field... Though the usual requirement is a degree in computer science , physics , statistics or engineering, yet with your course you will do better than boy of the above in analysing health related data... In develop countries they even have what is called health informatics that combines health related course and computer science

(1) (Reply)

Projected Recession In The US And Possible Impact On Availability Of Remote Jobs / Android Developers Help Me Out / C Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.