Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,766 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Cattah And The Pregnant Rat - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cattah And The Pregnant Rat (388 Views)

Damian And The Pregnant Ghost (Part 1) / Hungry Rat And The Jar Of Grains / The Rat Story (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cattah And The Pregnant Rat by Kindoo: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2020
One cool evening, a cat called, Cattah, lied on his stomach, very hungry. He had gotten nothing to eat since the day broke. Cattah lied close to a rat’s hole expecting one to come out (even if it was a small one) and be used to appease the hunger dealing with him. Hearing footsteps from the hole, Cattah prepared himself mentally and physically, ready to dash for the owner in other to use it to regain his almost lost strength. Behold, the owner of the footstep, Rattah, a pregnant rat, moved gently out of the hole to get what to eat as well.
       Cattah wanted to dash for her but his mind pulled him back.
    “It is a pregnant rat”
     “That makes it a good prey. It will satisfy me, I have been hungry” Cattah replied
    “Yes, it may satisfy you now but what about the future? Eating a pregnant rat is like eating a fruit with it seed. The future you make uncertain by doing that. Leave her, let her birth her pups. They can be meat for you in the future as well” Cattah’s mind replied
     “Wise words!  What do I eat now?” Cattah asked
     “Go somewhere else to look for your food or wait till another comes out” Cattah’s mind replied
       Cattah obeyed his mind. He moved to another part to search for food. It passed by the side of Rattah, smiled to her while Rattah almost melt for fear of been devoured. After he had passed, she wondered what was happening, “has he stopped eating rats? He even smiled to me.” Little did she know that, she was spared for the future so both her pups and her would be used for succession meal.

[Developed from this wise word, ‘A WISE CAT DO NOT EAT A PREGNANT RAT’]

Join me on
Read a story, Tell a story
Wurastories.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Two Days After The Breakout. You Won't Believe What Happened / How To Fix And Get Past A Broken Heart Quick Guide That Works 100% / So Much Thirst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.