Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC (3994 Views)

Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead / Soso Soberekon To JJC Skillz: "Your Husband Funke Akindele Is My Friend, Gigolo" / Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by frankleesehi(m): 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, on Sunday, has said that Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele also known as Jenifa, is no longer it's brand ambassador.

This announcement was made shortly after a video of the actress and her husband, JJCSkillz holding a house party went viral on the internet.

After many reactions and reports from Nigerians about the party, the Lagos State Police Command arrested the actress for violating the lockdown order of the government.

The actress had addressed Nigerians to observe social distancing and personal hygiene to stop further spread of the COVID-19 virus in the country in adverts for the NCDC and Dettol.

According to the NCDC, via their twitter handle, they said “As an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria, NCDC has not engaged brand ambassadors as part of our response to COVID-19. We continue to emphasise that all Nigerians maintain social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.”

Dettol Nigeria also reacted to the video via their Twitter handle, “We have been made aware through social media that Funke Akindele recently, acting in her personal capacity, had a celebration which is against the caution to the public on social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The NCDC partnered with Dettol on a public service message to educate our communities about preventive measures against COVID-19. Funke is not a brand ambassador of the NCDC.

“As a responsible organization and brand, Dettol does not condone any breach of the guidelines on COVID-19.

“As an organisation, we are concerned at the turn of events.

“We will continue to support NCDC and the Nigerian government to fight COVID-19.”

The actress was arrested at her residence in Amen Estate and was taken to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba.

Meanwhile, the Police has begun a manhunt for Funke's husband, Abdulrasheed Bello aka JJC Skillz and singer Azeez Fashola aka Naira Marley, who were present at the party.

Source: https://hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2020/04/06/funke-akindele-is-not-our-brand-ambassador-ncdc/

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by bedspread: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Devil is a Bastard!!

See how Someone use her own hands to Make herself a Ridcule!!

Take This Prayer,

Any Force or spirit pushing me to Dig my grave , Receive Thunder from Above in JESUS NAME!

23 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Ayomideayo(f): 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Haaa..akoba buruku

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Lagbaja01(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Chai.....just a day celebration that could have been postponed.... Life is all about insight into reality (wisdom).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Blitz4real(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
bedspread:
Devil is a Bastard!!

Take This Prayer,

Any Force or spirit pushing me to Dig my grave , Receive Thunder from Above in JESUS NAME!
Amen my brother,its really though for them now,if u know, u know

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by ghettokid1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
Trouble dey sleep yanga go slap am

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Bola146(f): 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
That is why I'll always like a private life style. Must you take everything for play

5 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Iyiataata92: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
bedspread:
Devil is a Bastard!!

Take This Prayer,

This one no be devil and prayer matter. The girl f*cked up and is paying the price. Stop disturbing God and devil over human foolishness

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Iyiataata92: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Lagbaja01:
Chai.....just a day celebration that could have been postponed.... Life is all about insight into reality (wisdom).
same way the day of celebration for Atalanta in their UCL win over Valencia brought about multiple spread of coronavirus in the Bergamo region and brought the whole of Italy to her knees

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Tpave(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Social media don cast Funke Akindele. I believe she don learn her lessons. Next time, na chadian army I go call for her.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Op, correct the heading, for she has never been NCDC ambassador but an ambassador for DettolNigeria.

Dettol however has engaged in Dettol/NCDC campaigns since the outbreak to curb the spread of the virus.

6 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by daddytime(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Serves the hypocrites, right.

Humans are natural hypocrites for the most part.

Just imagine Kyle Walker of Manchester City having a sex party all through Tuesday with a friend, only to ironically write a message on social media the next day urging people to maintain social distancing and stay indoors.

Very very funny people.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by igbarasdynasty: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
It takes one tree to build a thousand Matches but it takes one match to burn Thousands of trees...

She has spent years building her reputation but only one foolish act, can destroy you completely...

If I'm lying, ask R-Kelly when he comes back from prison

6 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by yyba: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by OKorowanta: 12:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bola146:
That is why I'll always like a private life style. Must you take everything for play

You see dat thing wey Dem dey call privacy?
Me and am na friend!
I so love privacy sotay,I develop hatred for noise..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by missimelda01(f): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
She messed up, yes but the way people are rejoicing over it is what is making me confused.
Hian she's human and bound to make mistakes but you see those people rejoicing over her mistakes, you all can never see her downfall because she is one of the most hardworking woman I know. This too shall pass.

8 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Stillthebest: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
kiss

This lady will work hard to redeem her image and personality.

Thats her worry right now and not the arrest!

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by earthsync(f): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Nawa o just because she nor gree hear word and was stupid
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by HMarshal(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bola146:

The outcry is much esp cos twas posted on social media.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by PureGoldh(m): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Chaiiii....cheap publicity and mistake don swerve Funke's multi-million contract.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by irunoko(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hateful, spiteful, envious and bitter nigerians,I throway salute oooo....Una don happy now ABI?

After now na Una Go dey creep into her DM like Nicodemus dey beg her for money con dey abuse am publicly

No wonder my evergreen favourite musician,chief Ebenezer obey.he sang taye banfe ko rora shaye o, ayeoferan e aforieni

Translation

If the world is hailing you, praising you or admiring you, watch your back and be very careful because those who are singing your praises don't want you to be successful except God

Meanwhile I hope jenifa too has learnt her lesson.everything is not for social media

Then again the elders say when you are in trouble,that's when you will know your real friends and the real human nature

See how everyone is quick to mock and judge her like they themselves have not one time or the other broken a law and gotten away with it

Now you see the real reason why celebrities don't give back to their society

This reminds me of olamides recent song that he sang Eyin Omo Instagram Which translates Instagram ladies,it's you people that will kill him, you will be the ones that will put him in trouble and you will still be the same ones that will try to act sychophantic in getting him out of trouble,do you want to kill Him?

Note that for all those places o put him,he was referring to himself as me

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Well i have always been a fan of this lady (funke) but honestly she f**kup big time even as u did desire to have such a get together why make it public? Why not drink n eat dance a little and everybody goes home, No you carry am enter social media trust Nigerians naa.....

Well i just hope u learn from these.... All d best

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by TheSourcerer: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
irunoko:
Hateful, spiteful, envious and bitter nigerians,I throway salute oooo....Una don happy now ABI?

After now na Una Go dey creep into her DM like Nicodemus dey beg her for money con dey abuse am publicly

No wonder my evergreen favourite musician,chief Ebenezer obey.he sang taye banfe ko rora shaye o, ayeoferan e aforieni

Translation

If the world is hailing you, praising you or admiring you, watch your back and be very careful because those who are singing your praises don't want you to be successful except God

Meanwhile I hope jenifa too has learnt her lesson.everything is not for social media

Then again the elders say when you are in trouble,that's when you will know your real friends and the real human nature

See how everyone is quick to mock and judge her like they themselves have not one time or the other broken a law and gotten away with it

Now you see the real reason why celebrities don't give back to their society

This reminds me of olamides recent song that he sang Eyin Omo Instagram Which translates Instagram ladies,it's you people that will kill him, you will be the ones that will put him in trouble and you will still be the same ones that will try to act sychophantic in getting him out of trouble,do you want to kill Him?

Note that for all those places o put him,he was referring to himself as me
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by mytime24(f): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good4her
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by Candanyl: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
She was never a brand ambassador of NSDC abeg.Shes not the first to err so you ppl should stop celebrating as if your lives are perfect.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by landmark86: 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
I will never blame Funke for this mistake but the stupid man of the house called JJC.
JJC sud have stop the party from the begining but I see the idiot calling himself marlian in the video. Figure head husband.
I no funke to be AOIP(Alwayz- On - Internet- Personality) from day one. Even if she shiit she will run to internet to upload. Living a fake life of competition with other yeyebrity.

Now see what shakara has cos them now.
I think dis will also be a lesson to other yeyebrity outdia, not everytin u put on internet for people to see.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by MrBachelor: 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
Misleading heading.
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by MarianaTrench: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
yyba:
grin

This sums it up grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by jayson87: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
She was never a brand ambassador before

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by dapsoneh: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
T
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by irunoko(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
TheSourcerer:
nonsense
Mr perfect,I throway salute ooo

Once anyone falls or makes a mistake, you will be quick to gloat as if you are infallible...smh
Re: Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC by irunoko(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
Candanyl:
She was never a brand ambassador of NSDC abeg.Shes not the first to err so you ppl should stop celebrating as if your lives are perfect.
exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Vs Kim Kardashian, Who Slayed The Abs Revealing Crop Top And Skirt? / Maheeda Announces Search For A New Lover On Instagram (photos And Video) / Yemi Alade With Make Up And Without Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.