Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? (397 Views)

COVID-19 Delta Variant More Likely To Lead To Hospitalization Among Unvaccinated / See Why You Should Not Trust Weight Loss Transformation Photos / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by 0m0nnakoda: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
I am really concerned about what is happening in other countries
Epidemic follow a pattern where cases double every so many days

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 4096 8192 16384 32 768

In many places we have observed a 3 day interval of doubling meaning it could take 30 days together to 1000 cases

The first case was reported on 27 February and today we are on 230 suggesting a doubling period of 6 days.

To some extent there has bee delay because the early cases were fairly contained and so for the model perhaps our DAY ONE was later
Many of the initial identified cases were imported

The moment we started having local transmission is when I would start the clock.
From 100 200 has taken 7 days .

At that rate in 6 weeks we could hit 12000 and 200000 in 10 weeks
It could be less than that
I shudder to think what the death rate would be considering our health system.

Our population is young and we have seen encouraging recovery reports.
It will not be fun for our old and infirm
In such a scenario everyone will suffer loss of a relative somewhere
We already have security challenges and many in the south do not trust Buhari for many reasons

He does not inspire me with confidence, his speech last week was very disappointing.

Nigeria is broke ,today he ordered the raid of Sovereign Wealth Fund and we are hearing talks of IMF loans

We need unity at this time and our people have never been this divided.
Today the CJN ordered the suspension of courts
Could we end up with military rule .
Do we Trust the military under Buratai?
I can see Buhari being removed by force and thereafter prolonged fighting and fragmentation

Right now everyone is calm because all the cases are audio cases the moment someone in your street dies things will change

Nigerians cannot tolerate lockdown for ever and palliatives are lacking

It will be survival of the fittest

I hope an effective treatment is found soon
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by Mezuocinn(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
He didnt deliver us from the enemy we know and see (boko haram) its now an enemy we dont see? Pls leave Buhari out of this.

1 Like

Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by DabuIIIT: 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
My trust is not on any man. My trust is on the almighty God
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by Kennyfancy(m): 12:11am On Apr 07, 2020
Zero on Buhari
100% on GOD
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by AntiChristian: 12:56am On Apr 07, 2020
We still have a good recovery rate!

With Allaah all things are possible!
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by paxonel(m): 12:58am On Apr 07, 2020
What kinda question is this now?

buhari or no buhari covid-19 has it life span,abi is buhari the doctors and commissioners of health actively fighting the disease?
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by 0m0nnakoda: 1:07am On Apr 07, 2020
paxonel:
What kinda question is this now?

buhari or no buhari covid-19 has it life span,abi is buhari the doctors and commissioners of health actively fighting the disease?
Do you know how long the lock down will last?
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by paxonel(m): 2:06am On Apr 07, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Do you know how long the lock down will last?
as long as new cases are coming up there will be lock down.
But if social distancing are maintained it will reduce new cases and reduce the time of lock down.

Obviously, new cases are still coming up because the government is not doing enough to enforce the social distancing order.

People are still leaving their homes
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by 0m0nnakoda: 3:03am On Apr 07, 2020
paxonel:
as long as new cases are coming up there will be lock down.
But if social distancing are maintained it will reduce new cases and reduce the time of lock down.

Obviously, new cases are still coming up because the government is not doing enough to enforce the social distancing order.

People are still leaving their homes
That is the issue there must be an exit strategy or there will be revolt. We are about to enter the farming season , will we plant ?won't we eat?
Most Nigerians earn their living daily . How will they cope? Our police and soldiers are corrupt and badly trained.
Someone was killed in Warri. More will be killed and when Nigerians vex
I don't think Buhari and his army can manage the fallout .
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2020
And your first question should be, is Buhari still I in the ASO ROCK?

1 Like

Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by omonnakoda: 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
More people have been killed in Nigeria by security forces enforcing lockdown than by coronavirus itself
Re: Do You Trust Buhari To Lead Us Out Of Covid 19? by omonnakoda: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2020
800+ cases. Soon it 2ill hit 1000 and the doubling period would tell a big story

It is more than likely that with more testing many more cases will be detected

(1) (Reply)

University Students In Kenya Develop Ventilators To Aid Battle Covid-19 / COVID-19: South Africa Government Plans To Reopen Economy Skeletally On May 1st / BREAKING!!! Breast Milk Is Now Studied As Possible Cure For Coronavirus Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.