Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,808 members, 7,837,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make (617 Views)

Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / Maintenance Of Water Dispenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make by Salatavor: 3:32am On Apr 07, 2020
OK, I have been getting a lot of questions from our customers at CarFix Vehicle Solutions Abuja and they all seem to be interested in getting to know about the best vehicle maintenance procedures and routines that could keep their vehicle in the best condition all year round. I have promised severally to answer this question and I felt the best way to give a comprehensive answer that will satisfy everyone is to write about it on here.

This is Part 1 of the series “vehicle maintenance mistakes” and this part will be focused on the Top 10 vehicle maintenance mistakes you should never make as a vehicle owner in Abuja or anywhere else.

Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make

1. Delayed Oil Change Service
I cannot stress this hard enough, Do not delay an already due vehicle’s oil change service till it is overdue, always try your very best to go for the oil change service before it is overdue. A lot of vehicle owners whose vehicle should be in a perfectly good condition are currently regretting the state of their vehicle’s engine and it’s performance and that is because of poor this sort of maintenance culture.

A lot happens when you allow sludge oil to be moving around your vehicle engine, most of the valves, solenoids and oil intake system gets clogged and the oil that is supposed to help your vehicle perform better will be shut out from some of the vital engine components and before you know it, the mechanical movements within your vehicle’s engine will suffer from a lack of lubrication, metals will start wearing out each other and your vehicle’s engine might just be lost to this simple but yet expensive mistake.

Schedule Your next Oil Change Service at CarFix Vehicle Solutions, Abuja and get a free Air Condition Flush and Refill service call us up for more details: 0810 066 1236

2. Buying Cheap & Unreliable Spares
It is always smarter to buy OEM spare parts because apart from being a more durable option they are better suited for your vehicle as they were produced by your vehicle’s manufacturer or an authorized manufacturer. I understand that this can be expensive and sometimes difficult to come across in the vehicle repair market in Abuja.

I will advice that whenever you go for your vehicle repairs in Abuja and there is a need for spare part replacement, hand over the entire process to a known, reliable vehicle repair service provider, that you can trust with your vehicle and your money then allow them to use their network of reliable OEM spare part suppliers to get you the needed spare part and implement the repair procedure.

When you use generic spare parts, your vehicle suffers and overtime these generic spare parts will fail you and you might end up repeatedly wasting your money and time seeking for the same solution that you should have resolved once and for all. Take for example a fuel pump for a Benz, no matter how hard they try to convince you, never you buy a generic fuel pump or any other generic spare part for your Benz, I can bet my next pay on the fact that this pump will disappoint you within the next 5 months and this disappointment might happen at a very painful or scary time and place.

How do you identify a genuine OEM spare part. well, this can be very tricky and that is where experience and having a reliable vehicle repair service provider comes into play, although there is also a simple way for a layman to verify the authenticity of a spare part through the product specific serial number on the body of the spare parts packaging, just input the serial number on your vehicle’s brand electronic product catalogue online and you will get a result confirming the authenticity of the spare part you just bought.

Links to Electronic Product Catalogues for popular car brands in Abuja( Please visit the original post with the link at the bottom of this post to view links and Images, they were removed to avoid a ban from NL antispam bots )

Benz: MBEPC Mercedes Benz Electronic Parts Catalogue

Toyota: TEPC Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue

Honda: HEPC Honda Electronic Parts Catalogue

Nissan: NEPC Nissan Electronic Parts Catalogue

Peugeot: EUSPC European Union Spare Parts Catalogue: Peugeot

Ford: OEMFP OEM Ford Part Electronic Catalogue

Range Rover: EUSPC European Union Spare Parts Catalogue: Range Rover

KIA: KEPC Kia Electronic Parts Catalogue

Image example of Packaging for Genuine Benz Spare Parts

Image example of Packaging for Genuine Toyota Spare Parts ( visit the original post with the link at the bottom of this post to view this post in full)

3.Ignoring The Warning Lights
Phew! a lot of vehicle owners are guilty of this one. I have met a lot of vehicle owners that will tell you, that they are not at all bothered about the beads of warning lights on their dashboard because they believe the vehicle is working perfectly fine. That is true a warning light could pop up on your dashboard even while your vehicle is working fine. But before choosing to ignore any warning light on your vehicle’s dashboard let me explain to you how the Warning Lights work.

Computers now control the operations of most vehicle components. This computers also monitors the vehicle’s health and performance while regulating and consistently taking measurement to ensure that the entire vehicle system is working according to the manufacturers calculations. It measures timing, temperature, fluid levels, gas level, tire pressure to ensure that they are all within the right limits.

When it finds a problem in the electronic control system that it can’t correct, a computer turns on a warning indicator light; this light could be related to the ABS system, the VSC system, the SRS system, Engine and so on. If this light comes on and refuses to leave on its own, please do not just assume that this light is a mistake, take the vehicle to a professional vehicle repair service provider for a computerized diagnosis to know the source of the warning light and have it resolved before it becomes a major and expensive repair issue.

We are all aware that vehicle repairs in Abuja can be very expensive when you allow your vehicle’s condition to deteriorate to a very poor condition. Watching out for these warning lights is one of your most important way of preventing expensive vehicle repair issues..

Please follow visit our website to read this insightful vehicle maintenance tips in full here and to also benefit from our mouth watering vehicle repair offers Top 10 vehicle repair mistakes you should never make in Abuja or anywhere else wink

Thanks

1 Like

Re: See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make by Salatavor: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
carfix vehicle repair solutions abuja.

Re: See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make by Salatavor: 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
carfix vehicle repairs abuja

Re: See Top 10 Vehicle Maintenance Mistakes You Should Never Make by Petrodirect: 1:30am On May 04, 2020
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k In Nigeria / We Are Looking For Someone! / We Care For Your Dirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.