Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus (288 Views)

New Hiv Drug Kills 99 Per Cent Of Virus During First Human Trial / Gammora, Created By Zion Medical: HIV Drug Kills 99 Per Cent Of Virus / New HIV Drug Kills 99% Of Virus During First Human Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus by singa4real: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2020
An experimental HIV drug that has been used to successfully treat COVID-19 patients is in its second phase of testing with the Food and Drug Administration and could potentially be approved for use in four weeks, its manufacturer says.

Leronlimab, made by the biotech company CytoDyn, was used to treat a handful of severely ill patients in New York City hospitals; a couple were able to be removed from their ventilators.

“I think the FDA will be willing to work with us,” CytoDyn CEO Nader Pourhassan told The Post. “I am hoping it will be expedited … I don’t see how the FDA couldn’t approve it.” “With a study in China indicating the mortality rate among COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical ventilators at more than 85 percent, the world desperately needs a therapy that can help this patient population,” Pourhassan added.

Initial studies suggest leronlimab can reduce the overactive immune response, known as a cytokine storm, that can be triggered by the coronavirus infection. Cytokine storms can result in pneumonia and even death. “[I] cried for about five minutes. It was very, very emotional,” Pourhassan told Seattle’s KIRO 7 News after first learning of the results. “We’re hoping we can save millions of lives.”

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/hiv-drug-leronlimab-which-successfully-treats-coronavirus-moving-to-phase-2-trials/
Re: HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus by Trueigbo: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Good news. I hope Nigeria scientists are working.........oh they are on strike
Re: HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus by denziz: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2020
Hello.
Re: HIV Drug Leronlimab, Which Successfully Treats Coronavirus by Engrgreg231(m): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2020
To me anything can cure this corona

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Wreaks Havoc In African American Neighbourhoods / COVID 19: Medical Laboratory Scientists Disagree With FG On 1500 Testing Per Day / Out Of 19 Imported Covid19 Cases In China Nigerians Are 9-Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.