Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services (619 Views)

Lagos Earns N61b Monthly Yet With Trillion Naira Debt, Sanwolu Should Be Apologi / Court Stops El-Rufai From Licensing Pastors, Imams In Kaduna / Lagos State APC Governorship candidate, Jide Sanwolu Casts his votes (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by visaland(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2020
The popular Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele and her husband have been sentenced to 14 days community service for flouting the order of social distancing in the State.

Recall that Akindele held birthday party for her husband in her house amidst Coronavirus pandemic.

She and her husband were arrested and sentenced to 14 days community service by Lagos Court.

Naira Marley and others were also arrested in connection to the said birthday party.

Recall also that a Mosque in Agege Lagos conducted service for Muslim faithfuls and according to the story Lagos task force were attacked by people who came for the prayers.

Recall also that Bishop Oyedepo too was caught doing Sunday service during the lock down order.

Lagosians are now reacting that the government of Lagos State should extend the same measure used for Funke Akindele to pastors and Imams who disobeyed the lock down order.

Check some reactions below:

Bukola wrote: What about the pastors and Imams that keep having services in their places of worship? Arrest them too and prosecute them.

Jide Kolade wrote: Why is the government afraid of pastors after they flouted the same lock down order?

Fowogbemi-Thankgod wrote, “Police arrested Funke for hosting birthday party what of oyedepo with a lot of crowd gathering at church when the government says church should be on lockdown.”

Sarah Ola wrote, “She will definitely get through this soon but I really wished Nigerians used the same energy on Bishop Oyedepo probably that will be fair enough.”

Folawizzy wrote, “So now that they've arrested #funkeakindele after all her explanations, I hope you people are happy, but when your daddy in the lord, #Oyedepo mobilized a huge crowd of people at Canaan for so called religious activities, in flagrant disobedience of the directives nothing happened.”

A’wale Babatunde wrote, “It’s not hate. If you’ve noticed the Lagos state govt is very proactive, sadly there wasn’t a video for Tinubu’s party, these ones displayed their foolishness publicly. As for Oyedepo, his matter is with Ogun state govt as that’s where his church is, wonder why they let it slide.”

Teru Kehinde wrote, “so that one mean say mk dem no enforce law abi....when pastor oyedepo too went against the order of all church suspending activities...they did not do anything....and you say the country is not a joke.....those people at the top protect themselves....oga wise up o.” (sic)

Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Finnese001: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2020
k
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 07, 2020
Funke and her husband suppose to be jailed...
As for the Imams that's una business.
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:32am On Apr 07, 2020
No, they are afraid of Muslims, but when it comes to chrstianity, the demons and witches among them would rise up.

I wish I was a pastor, let me see the devilish governor or Fulani president that would tell me to lock my church.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2020
Islam is not so peaceful a religion. you can't stop their prayers and it will end without violence. They burnt a police station up north because their leader was arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Brandstudio01: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2020
Hnmm
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by 9japride(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Funke and her husband suppose to be jailed...

As for the Imams that's una business.
[color=#006600][/color]

Patriotic Nigerian! Please answer me, if it was a church pastor that broke the law will you make this statement?
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Patriotic Nigerian! Please answer me, if it was a church pastor that broke the law will you make this statement?

Even if na adeboye or oyedepo, they should jail then also.
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Hedonisst: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2020
I prefer a state of lawlessness and anarchy, than a system of selective application of the law. It is unacceptable and intolerable.

If the law will not apply equally to everyone, then let us all set the stupid law aside and go crazy. Using someone as a scapegoat while others contravene same laws with impunity is the height of injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by 9japride(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2020
Osagyefo98:

[color=#006600][/color]

It's ok, for anyone found breaking the law should be jailed. There is nothing like not arresting Moslem worshippers so as not to cause break down of law.
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Generalnomercy: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2020
Osagyefo98:

And what should happen to the Imams violating the same order?

You hypocrites will not make heaven.
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Amanda4life: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2020
Agege mosque can never close for ones.

They will never
Re: Sanwolu Should Also Arrest Imams Holding Services by Amanda4life: 9:20am On Apr 07, 2020
Come and try to close agege mosque ABOkI BOKOHARAM wey dey there go attack you.

GOVT cannot try that aide at all

(1) (Reply)

NDDC: Why President Buhari Should Sack Akpabio, Dissolve Imc –NDIDRA (Rejoinder) / Edo Pdp Primaries; Gov Godwin Obaseki Wins / Is Biafra Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.