Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease (274 Views)

19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2020
CORONAVIRUSNY Emergency Medicine Physician Claims COVID-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease Not Like Pneumonia

Dr. Cameron Kyle-Sidell, an emergency medicine physician in Brooklyn and is affiliated with the Maimonides Medical Center, posted a very interesting video on you-tube.

He is making the claim that COVID-19 is an an oxygen deprivation disease , and in some cases the ventilators themselves, due to the high-pressure methods they are running, may be damaging the lungs and leading to widespread harm of patients & they should be operated in a different method. He is making the claim that COVID-19 is not a pneumonia-like disease at all.

In his video he goes on to warn the world that the entire approach to treating COVID-19 may be incorrect, and that the disease is something completely different what is commonly accepted.

“In treating these patients, I have witnessed medical phenomena that just don’t make sense in the context of treating a disease that is supposed to be a viral pneumonia,” he explains.

“When we treat people with ARDS, we typically use ventilators to treat respiratory failure. But these patients’ muscles work fine. I fear that if we are using a false paradigm to treat a new disease, then the method that we program [into] the ventilator, one based on respiratory failure as opposed to oxygen failure, that this method being widely adopted … aims to increase pressure on the lungs in order to open them up, is actually doing more harm than good, and that the pressure we are providing to lungs, we may be providing to lungs that cannot take it. And that the ARDS that we are seeing, may be nothing more than lung injury caused by the ventilator”

He says that COVID-19 is like nothing seen before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKExxcD26_I

http://thejewishvoice.com/2020/04/ny-emergency-medicine-physician-claims-covid-19-is-an-oxygen-deprivation-disease-not-like-pneumonia/
Re: Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease by seunlayi(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2020
The Lord is my shepherd
Re: Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease by emmydiamon(m): 11:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Still on try and error untill the Vaccine prove it right.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Vaccines And Treatments Move Toward Human Trials / I Know Exactly How It Feels ⁣⁣ The Crazy Itching...⁣ The Horrible Foul Odor...⁣ / Nigerian Citizens To Pay N160k For COVID-19 Test As Precondition For Evacuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.