Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman (851 Views)

Onyekachi Okoro Is Dead: Arochukwu LGA Chairman Dies After Meeting In His Office / The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman / "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Serious question. I'm having this discussion and i want to clarify,

In Nigerian politics, who has more influence/power and access to more funds

also, what is the usual career progression:

- LGA chairman > H.O.A. member/Commissioner?
- H.O.A. member > LGA chairman/Commissioner?
- can a commissioner after his tenure, contest for LGA chairman/HOA?
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2020
Commissioner
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
Commissioner

okay thanks for your input
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Dikegodspower(m): 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
hmmm you wan contest?
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by ucheicon(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lg chairman is more powerful than a commissioner. A lg chairman is the governor of his lg with both fg allocation and internal revenue. the lg also matters.
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
ucheicon:
Lg chairman is more powerful than a commissioner. A lg chairman is the governor of his lg with both fg allocation and internal revenue. the lg also matters.

someone brought this up in our discussion but i also showed him instances where governors easily remove LG chairman unanimously and even HOA members easily remove them. i know its all illegal but it happens
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Coolgent(m): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
1. Commissioner of finance, local government are more powerful than any HOA member or Chairman.

2. HOA member is the second must powerful

3. Chairman is economically powerful (if there is no joint account with the state govt).

If u want to be independent go for HOA member. (Governor can sack any Commissioner at will, in some cases even local govt chairman)

NB: A friend of mine left his position in the state house of assembly and became Chairman which he regret later as a result of joint account.
Re: State Commissioner Vs House Of Assembly Vs LGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Coolgent:
1. Commissioner of finance, local government are more powerful than any HOA member or Chairman.

2. HOA member is the second must powerful

3. Chairman is economically powerful (if there is no joint account with the state govt).

If u want to be independent go for HOA member. (Governor can sack any Commissioner at will, in some cases even local govt chairman)

NB: A friend of mine left his position in the state house of assembly and became Chairman which he regret later as a result of joint account.
\

i agree with you..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Katsina Gov’t Receives 419 Almajiris From Kano / Flood Takes Over Ijesha Surulere Lagos / FBI Thanks Dubai Police For The Arrest Of Hushpuppi & Co.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.