Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors (1338 Views)

Boko Haram: How Abuja Minister, Bala Mohammed, Sacked, Humiliated Idps To Please / BREAKING!!! Two Powerful Bombs Exploded A Few Minutes Ago In Potiskum / Abuja New Year Eve Tragedy - How Bombs Exploded, By Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2011
May the lost souls RIP

The explosions at the Mami market of Mogadishu military barracks in Abuja on New Year’s Eve occurred shortly after the departure of two strange gentlemen in dark suits from a ‘drinking parlour,’ one of the victims has said.
The victim, who was receiving treatment at the General Hospital, Asokoro for bruises she sustained during the blast, told Sunday Trust last night that the unknown men had arrived at the bar after 6pm and shortly after they left, the explosion occurred.

The women, who wants to be identified as Mama Hajiya, explained thus: “We went to the opposite side of the bar and ordered for ‘roasted fish’. While we were waiting to be served, one of the men, both in black suits, moved round and came to where we were. He touched my friend (a lady) on the shoulder and said he admired her attire. He said he loved Nigeria and had been living abroad for some time. The men appeared well-behaved and spoke very good English. Because of that I found it difficult to trace their tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria,” the victim explained.

The surviors said the man returned to the bar where his colleague was sitting and, after a couple of minutes, they left the market place.

“Few minutes after their departure, a huge explosion occurred at the spot they sat. I was tossed to the sky by the explosion and when the smoke and dust resulting from the blast subsided, I saw several bodies on the ground in the pool of their blood. I sustained bruises in the head and cuts in the leg. I was also dumbfounded when I discovered that I was in torn clothing when I recuperated, almost naked. My pregnant sister-in-law, who came from Jos to visit me, and was lying near me in pool of blood. Later, we were brought here (hospital) for treatment,” Mama Hajiya said.

Continued below…………………,
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2011
Victims came from various tribes.

Another account of how it happened: Mr Kunle Salako, elder brother a victim, the late Olarenwaju Nurain, said he was informed that his brother’s wife went to the market to buy some items, while her husband stayed back to assist her in the place since business was at its peak.
He said one man came in to drink a bottle of beer and left without collecting his bag under the table he sat.

“When the late Olarenwaju discovered the bag after 30 minutes, he held it up to tell other nearby shop owners of what he had just discovered. In a swift there was an explosion from the bag. He was killed,” Salako explained.
Among the injured was Esther Mbalisi, who went to Mammy Market to make purchases. Her right leg was amputated. She sustained broken head, badly bruised face and brutalised back.
Loyede Oyetunji, a civil servant, was also seen wriggling in pains as his face and body had severe burns.

Father, mother, daughter are victims: A sergeant in the Nigerian Army, Simi Fafunre, his wife, Folake, and their only five-year-old daughter, Adeola, are all writhing in excruciating pains at the Asokoro General Hospital, Abuja, after suffering from the New Year Eve explosion in the Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja.
The sergeant has lost his two legs. His left hand is also badly

His wife told our reporter that she did not see him up till late in the night. She tried phoning him but his line could not connect.

She said it was around 12:00 midnight that she heard from neighbours that there was a bomb explosion. By the time she got to the hospital, it was 3:00am and behold she met her husband covered in blood.
She said her husband told her that he spotted an object spinning and digging a hole in the earth only about a metre away from him. The device suddenly shot out and then the big bang,
continued …………………….
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2011
May God save and bless Nigeria. Amen

Joy Dawiso, a fishmonger was hurled in the air: Joy Dawiso who is from Okpella, Edo State sells fish where it happened. She was writhing in pains when this reporter visited the hospital. She could not talk, but her relation who was by her bedside said she (Dawiso) told her that she (Dawiso) saw people running, and before she could decipher what went wrong, she was violently hurled in the air and thrown to the ground. She suffered wounds—no fractures.

Gabriel Agbo went to see a friend: Gabriel Agbo who is an indigene of Benue State went to the barracks to see a friend. He is too much in a trauma to talk. He broke both legs. His head was equally bandaged, meaning that he had injuries there too. Bruises were all over him.
As at yesterday afternoon, he was still in the Accident and Emergency Unit of Asokoro Hospital, receiving help from doctors and nurses. A relative who was there said Agbo is a student of Kugbo Secondary School in One Man Village. One Man Village is one of the settlements along the Abuja-Keffi high way.

Defence ministry to engage foreign experts: The Minister of Defence, Kayode Adetokunbo has said the bomb might have been detonated to create insecurity because of the coming elections.
He said government would employ the services of foreign experts and deploy security forces either overtly or covertly, adding that government was aware that the perpetuators live among Nigerians and will be fished out.
The minister disclosed that all the 26 injured victims were being treated at government facilities

Source: http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5709:abuja-new-year-eve-tragedy-how-bombs-exploded-by-survivors&catid=54:lead-stories&Itemid=127
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2011
The president now seems to be admitting that MEND is responsible for the Abuja bombing. We know that they arrested MEND operatives for the Oct 1. bombing

PRELIMINARY analysis into the New Year’s Eve bomb blast in Abuja which killed more than 20 people has shown that it is identical to the recent ones in Jos, Plateau State.

President Goodluck Jonathan who revealed this Saturday said recent bomb blast in the country starting from the 1st October has been classified and from the preliminary analysis carried out so far they bear resemblance with the ones that happened in Jos.
The classification, the president further said, has helped to narrow down the probable direction the attack is coming from and this he also said would help the security operatives to get those behind the attacks.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23490.html

Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2011
all i can say is that whosoever is(are) behind the blasts will die before february2011 amen
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Neatly tailored suit!
Impeccable english!
Alcohol drinking!
Boko Haram?
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by violent(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2011
Neatly tailored suit!
Impeccable english!

where did you get those from?
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nsiman(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
Atiku, try again to discredit gej thro MEND. I don't knw why pple don't understand simple english that the composition of jos bomb is similar to that of new year eve in abuja, and that of jos an islamic sect has claim responsibility
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Abagworo(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The women, who wants to be identified as Mama Hajiya, explained thus: “We went to the opposite side of the bar and ordered for ‘roasted fish’. While we were waiting to be served,  one of the men, both in black suits, moved round and came to where we were. He touched my friend (a lady) on the shoulder and said he admired her attire.  He said he loved Nigeria and had been living abroad for some time. The men appeared well-behaved and spoke very good English. Because of that I found it difficult to trace their tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria,” the victim explained.   The surviors said the man returned to the bar where his colleague was sitting and, after a couple of minutes, they left the market place. “Few minutes after their departure, a huge explosion occurred at the spot they sat. I was tossed to the sky by the explosion and when the smoke and dust resulting from the blast subsided, I saw several bodies on the ground in the pool of their blood. I sustained bruises in the head

I doubt if this is linked to Jos.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Kcswat22: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ndu chucks stop using igbo name. The abuja was bombed by the same people dat bomb jos. Imagine a world without Islam. By 2015 they will have der own country n be bombing themselves like iraquis.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2011
While the bomb was going off our commander in chief was sharing $1b dollars from ECA account with his cronnies in the middle of the Night!!!!!
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2011
Kcswat22:

@ndu chucks stop using igbo name. The abuja was bombed by the same people dat bomb jos. Imagine a world without Islam. By 2015 they will have der own country n be bombing themselves like iraquis.

Don't flatter yourself or make dumb assumptions about a user name. I suppose Chuck Norris whose nickname is Chucks is also an Igboman, olodo.

If we assume that your assertion that the same people who bombed Jos are responsible for the Abuja bombing, then MEND is the culprit. The president has proclaimed that the recent bomb blast in the country starting from the 1st October has been classified and from the preliminary analysis carried out so far they bear resemblance with the ones that happened in Jos.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Beaf: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2011
Very daft thread.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Beaf: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Don't flatter yourself or make dumb assumptions about a user name. I suppose Chuck Norris whose nickname is Chucks is also an Igboman, olodo.

If we assume that your assertion that the same people who bombed Jos are responsible for the Abuja bombing, then MEND is the culprit. The president has proclaimed that the recent bomb blast in the country starting from the 1st October has been classified and from the preliminary analysis carried out so far they bear resemblance with the ones that happened in Jos.

Criminals are known to forge identities. Stick to Dan Sule Muthalib.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Beaf, keep trying your best to derail every thread that contains even a single post which exposes the incompetence of your uncle.

The victims of the bombing are heroes and their statements deserve to be posted. There is nothing dumb about these Nigerians. They and their relatives are in pain at the moment and well meaning Nigerians should support them in every way possible.

You and your heartless ND thugs who are responsible for the bombing, as your uncle has started to admit, will be severely dealt with. The American drones which you believe will be provided to the Nigerian government will be used to the fullest extent, first to clean up the ND where MEND and your other brothers in crime are known to be hiding out, and then to clean up any other extremists whose hideouts can be located.

Insha Allah, you enemies of progress will be defeated. You have carried this obsession too far this time. You, Orkah, and other thugs better start talking, because if you don't, the Americans will expose you soon enough. rakumin dajij
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Beaf: 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2011
Seriously dude, this is a very daft thread by a person with a fake username, projecting a fake ethnicity and identity like a criminal.
Do you think we are almajiri's to be taken in by dross? angry
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Beaf, we all know that when you have no defense, your tactic becomes either abuses, or thread derailment. Keep sticking your neck in the sand. GEJ's incompetence cannot be defended by the best mind in the world, talk less an olodo like you.

Biko, flee like a flea. cheesy
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Beaf: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
^
Every single word of what I posted was the truth, but then, the truth sounds like abuse in the ears of the guilty, here it is again:

Beaf:

Seriously dude, this is a very daft thread by a person with a fake username, projecting a fake ethnicity and identity like a criminal.

Now lets watch this worthless thread with its almajiri logic sink into oblivion like a stone.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Abagworo(m): 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
@beaf why not make points without personal abuse.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nsiman(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ndu_chuks, u are funny, i can't join issues with u
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf=Nsiman grin grin grin grin
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Very daft thread.
Beaf, I consider you my friend before all the GEJ bruhaha. Please what is daft about the victims of this henious crime against humanity giving an account of the horror thier lives haad turned into? I almost lost 3 sisters who had gone to buy fish in the barracks. I spent 2 days in the Asokoro Hospital and it is horrible, the sergent on the day of the blast was brought in without arms or legs worst sight i ve seen. His 6 year old daughter may loose her leg. haba Beaf, have you lost any sense of reasoning? Am saying this as a friend before you turn on me. My sisters can hardly sleep since the blast, pain and they say they see the scene playing in thier head when they close thier eyes. Has loyalty made you so blind to reality?"
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nsiman(m): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ Abagworo, there u fall again, i am not beaf just that we share the same ideology. truth is truth any where u go
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Beaf: 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2011
aisha2:

Beaf, I consider you my friend before all the GEJ bruhaha. Please what is daft about the victims of this henious crime against humanity giving an account of the horror thier lives haad turned into? I almost lost 3 sisters who had gone to buy fish in the barracks. I spent 2 days in the Asokoro Hospital and it is horrible, the sergent on the day of the blast was brought in without arms or legs worst sight i ve seen. His 6 year old daughter may loose her leg. haba Beaf, have you lost any sense of reasoning? Am saying this as a friend before you turn on me. My sisters can hardly sleep since the blast, pain and they say they see the scene playing in thier head when they close thier eyes. Has loyalty made you so blind to reality?"

I hope you read through the thread before making this comment?
It isn't the topic of the thread that is daft, but the wicked post the OP introduced here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577975.0.html#msg7447620
Some people are immoral enough to trade in the blood of innocent victims and that post is part of the blood trade. Please check that post and tell me what its benefit is and why the OP put that amongs the others like it has anything to do with the victims.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
Nsiman:

@ Abagworo, there u fall again, i am not beaf just that we share the same ideology. truth is truth any where u go

Then you need to change it and be truthful.I can bet you that if government comes out to give a different account from the victims,beaf will support.
Imagine what he wrote in response to such a sensitive issue.Tell me what ethnicity and almajiri has to do with the topic.

Beaf:

Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

It isn't the topic of the thread that is daft, but the wicked post the OP introduced here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577975.0.html#msg7447620
Some people are immoral enough to trade in the blood of innocent victims and that post is part of the blood trade. Please check that post and tell me what its benefit is and why the OP put that amongs the others like it has anything to do with the victims.

If you have a disagreement with a particular post, why not say so and offer your objection and alternative views like a mature person? Why call the whole thread daft? There is nothing inaccurate about the post you referenced, I provided a link to the referenced statement by GEJ and if you have any evidence that GEJ did not make the statement, please provide it.

You found a way to offend one of the most endeared NLer, aisha2.  shocked Your obsession with anything GEJ, has actually ruined your reputation as a NLer - you unfortunately, will be the last to know.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2011
Beaf:

Then you should have addresed the poster not the whol thread. Beaf, please clear your mind, this is not about blind loyalty. I just pray for you that no one close to you have to be affected before you start reasoning well. You remember i was one of those who coordinated SNG to make sure the right thing was done when in Nigeria few people could say anything when we were hold hostage by the cabals, now if President Goodluck does wrong should we not hold him accountable because of sentiments. I lost a dear friend in OCt 1 blast who i had spoken to minutes ealier before he went to pick something from his car, in this blast 3 of my sisters were at affected, two are seriously injured while 1 has minor injury. its is not about defending Goodluck its about reminding him that the buck stops at his table just the way i always said during Yardaua when people will try to excuse his inaction. I have no problem with who you support but dont be blinded by loyalty, be obkective, reduce the insults, you can win more support for your aspirant by objectively and gently stating your case.
This is beneath you, this is not the beaf i used to know and like, something or someone has taken control of you, please come back to your objective old self. You never know who can be affected by these blasts. One of my sisters ran from Jos to come and rest from the tension here and she ended up being the most injured in the blast
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by FACE(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2011
Aisha, Beaf might not have passed his message across in a politically correct way, but he was right in labelling the OP's intentions as daft.

Ndu_Chucks was the one that politicisized his own thread and all Beaf did was to try and bin that insensitivity. This is not the first time that Ndu_Chucks is employing this tactics. He enjoys trying to score political points out of other peopple's misery as he did with his ARABA thread. I had some form of respect for him until I saw that thread and understood the level of his moral decay.

I am sorry about your sisters and I hope they get well soon.

RIP to those that fell where they stood.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2011
My condolence to all victims of the bomblast. While we celebrate 2011 in good health, some are in the hospital languishing in pain. Its not that we are better than them.
Life is unfair and thats why we need to give God thanks always and pray for those who need help.
This New year bomblast is a sign for more bad things to come.
Lets stop the hate and pray for God's mercies.
Re: How Abuja Bombs Exploded, By Survivors by nduchucks: 1:57am On Jan 05, 2011
FACE:

Aisha, Beaf might not have passed his message across in a politically correct way, but he was right in labelling the OP's intentions as daft.

Ndu_Chucks was the one that politicisized his own thread and all Beaf did was to try and bin that insensitivity. This is not the first time that Ndu_Chucks is employing this tactics. He enjoys trying to score political points out of other people’s misery as he did with his ARABA thread. I had some form of respect for him until I saw that thread and understood the level of his moral decay.

I am sorry about your sisters and I hope they get well soon.

RIP to those that fell where they stood.

FACE, First of all Beaf was not referring to the OP’s intentions as daft, he said the threads was daft. He wrote the following Very daft thread.. Where was the reference to my intentions in that post?

Secondly, if you think that my observations about GEJ’s pronouncement was to score a cheap political point, then you are very wrong. In fact GEJ’s own Minister of Interior, made the same observation that I made regarding GEJ’s irresponsible reaction on Tuesday.

Here is a link to the Minister’s remarks title “Minister Faults Jonathan’s Comments on 2nd Abuja Blast” http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/minister-faults-jonathans-comments-2nd-abuja-bomb-blast No one believes that the Minister’s comments are politically motivated or daft. (one would think he read my post the previous day)

As far as the Araba thread is concerned, I’m sorry the facts rubbed you the wrong way. Truths as told by eyewitnesses to atrocious events, are seldom convenient.

(1) (Reply)

Highest Population Of Poor And Illiterate People In D North / Pfizer: Nigeria Drug Trial Victims Get Compensation / A Summary Of Tinubu's Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.