Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,681 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? (1072 Views)

The Moment Gowon Received The News Of The Coup That Overthrew Him In OAU / 5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 / Fulani Herdsmen Make Fresh Demands From FG, Northern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by DellaGold: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yesterday, my friend and I took a long drive around five remote villages in different places in Abuja, FCT. We visited villages in Dutse Alhaji, Lugbe, Kuje, Gwagwalada and Gudu.

My motive was to find out if truly some poor Nigerians benefited from the N20,000 Federal Government has announced to have been distributed to over 2.6million Nigerians.

We found out:
1. Some poor Nigerians especially in the Northern Zones have been receiving N5,000 monthly Stipends from FG since 2017.

2. Every beneficiary of the N5,000 has an issued ID card and all personal details captured in a book. As they disburse to you, you sign on the referenced month and they tick appropriately in their record. You have an alternative family member that can receive the money on your behalf in a situation where you're not available at the time.

3. This disbursement is done through a Federal Government program called HOUSEHOLD UPLIFTMENT PROGRAMME (HUP). One of the beneficiary in Kuje Area Council was kind enough to allow us take a Snap of his Beneficiary ID card after we assured him of keeping his identity private. See attached pictures.

4. Usually, at the beginning of the year, they do skip January disbursement and pay N10,000 by February. But this year 2020 they have not showed up.

5. They came beginning of April 2020 and started disbursement of the money. January to April money was dispensed at once (N5,000 X 4 = N20,000). This was NEVER termed Covid-19 Palliative package before them.

6. Many of them were shocked when they heard in the News and watched in the television that Federal Govt provided N20,000 Covid-19palliative package to them. To them, such News is false, as what they received and as ticked in their Cards was the usual N5,000 monthly stipends.

DEDUCTION FROM OUR VARIOUS ENQUIRIES

1. Some Nigerians, especially in the Northern part of Nigeria has been receiving N5,000 Stipends from FG since 2017.

2. Some of the Beneficiaries are not really poorest of the poor Nigerians. The process of capturing and verification is too porous and insincere and so many of those who're not supposed to be captured in the programme get squeezed themselves in. 'Nigeria thing' many of us will term this one.

3. The N20,000 payment in all the places we visited is NEVER a Covid-19 Palliative package but the long established N5,000 Monthly Stipends to poorest of the poor Nigerians.

4. The alleged N20,000 Covid-19 Palliative package by Federal Government to 2.6million Nigerians is largely unfounded and unsubstantiated. If such money was shared at all, it's obviously to a far less number . However, I stand to be corrected with tangible facts on this.

5. Some agents of Federal Govt (e.g BPE) shared food items to some residents of Abuja, FCT as Covid-19 Palliative packages. No money was shared by them, just some few food items; Yam, Rice, Beans, Superghetti, Tomatoes, etc.

6. The N5,000 monthly stipend to poorest of the poor Nigerians seems to be effective only in the Northern part of Nigerians. On this too, I stand to be corrected with tangible facts.

7. Federal Govt should come up with clear statement on how the Vulnerable Nigerians who received the alleged N20,000 Covid-19 Palliative packages were selected and possibly gazette their information for public notice. Afterall, it's our money and we should know how it was spent.

3 Likes

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by DellaGold: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
Na so we see am for this country.

I also know some Beneficiaries of 5K Stipend from South West

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by illicit(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
Buhari has offended me, from now on anywhere I see his name or anything relating to him, he is mad
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by collins1895: 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
Nigeria is a scam.......God will punish those ppl in power
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by tuzle(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
Everybody is just doing any how in this country
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by Kurtis02(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
cool cool cool

Higher percentage of the recovered loot were used to alleviate poverty in the North.
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
DellaGold:
Na so we see am for this country.

I also know some Beneficiaries of 5K Stipend from South West
Fear fear.. let me help you.

Helinues johnmartus westbestside Afamed osuamaka allthingsgood Frlukas metaphysical legendhero iamgrey myhubby, Mynd44, omenkalives Simplyleo liondeleo Solmusdesigns Solmus ipobarethieves corrinthian Sarrki iammo Metaphysical om0nnakoda melezenawii

It's their time, let them enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked
The north has finished us.

See how they use our sweat to spoonfeed these people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by meetme01: 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
Good journalism you did Op. However, you mixed HUB with poor of the poorest. Poor of the poorest( Poor and Vulnerable Households) is not the Nigerian government initiative. It is a World Bank project which I was part of in Ibadan while HUB is that of the Nigerian government. It was the register World Bank left behind that FG is using.

According to World Bank representatives, they started that project in the Northern part of Nigeria but corruption would not allow it to work hence trying it on another region. Oyo state was picked due to the Yesso programme initiated by Ajimobi I think. There was a road map for them to follow. It made it a alot easier because they have marked areas with high vulnerability. It was in the inner most part of Ibadan communities. There you understand what it means to be poor. .

Your community people would be the one to identify orphans, aged, persons with disabilities and widows. Though others are identified as well. The members will later prioritize. With that, your claim has already been ascertained. Next, is house to house of those identified to confirm their abode and see if they are actually vulnerable. Then, numbering and capturing followed. The capturing was done via cloud. It's an experience I won't forget in a long time.

1 Like

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by OJODEL10(m): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
meetme01:
Good journalism you did Op. However, you mixed HUB with poor of the poorest. Poor of the poorest( Poor and Vulnerable Households) is not the Nigerian government initiative. It is a World Bank project which I was part of in Ibadan while HUB is that of the Nigerian government. It was the register World Bank left behind that FG is using.

According to World Bank representatives, they started that project in the Northern part of Nigeria but corruption would not allow it to work hence trying it on another region. Oyo state was picked due to the Yesso programme initiated by Ajimobi I think. There was a road map for them to follow. It made it a alot easier because they have marked areas with high vulnerability. It was in the inner most part of Ibadan communities. There you understand what it means to be poor. .

Your community people would be the one to identify orphans, aged, persons with disabilities and widows. Though others are identified as well. The members will later prioritize. With that, your claim has already been ascertained. Next, is house to house of those identified to confirm their abode and see if they are actually vulnerable. Then, numbering and capturing followed. The capturing was done via cloud. It's an experience I won't forget in a long time.

in otherwords, north has looted the money and the programme is......
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by extol1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
is our leaders in Nigeria under spell? can they reason at all? at a crucial time like this, when the masses needed them most, yet they see as a way to siphon the money to themselves and families. I feel like cursing our leaders
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by meetme01: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2020
OJODEL10:

in otherwords, north has looted the money and the programme is......

With Op's breakdown, it's obvious.
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by OJODEL10(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
meetme01:

With Op's breakdown, it's obvious.

my personal observation
why is it that north of every country always powerful than the south?
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by limeta(f): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Money talk
They will tell you to go ask yr elders , governor
Like federal government is their fathers thing
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by frankyychiji(f): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
When APC campaigned with paying 5k to the poorest Nigerians, I knew we would henceforth all be working to pay almajiri so I'm not surprised.
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by Freddykrueger: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Buhari is a criminal. Mr. Integrity and fighter of corruption has turned to a scammer and looter of the Commonwealth of Nigerians. With all the monies looted by this government, they still find means to dupe, loan and borrow more just so they can be relooted. Such a shame undecided
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by MYHUBBY: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
ChoCho54:

look at this local olosho. don't start what you can't finish OK?
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by meetme01: 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
OJODEL10:

my personal observation
why is it that north of every country always powerful than the south?

Good observation. Will do a research on that but ours due to the fact that they have provided the highest number of leaders. They have the population required to win elections. They are politicians.
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
MYHUBBY:

look at this local olosho. don't start what you can't finish OK?
Son of olosho. Dindinrin!

1 Like

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by MYHUBBY: 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
ChoCho54:
Son of olosho. Dindinrin!

na jeje I sit down before you start with this your gibberish oniranu

be careful
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by Shikini: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Buhari is a scam
Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by allthingsgood: 7:47am On Apr 22, 2020
ChoCho54:

Helinues johnmartus westbestside Afamed osuamaka allthingsgood Frlukas metaphysical legendhero iamgrey myhubby, Mynd44, omenkalives Simplyleo liondeleo Solmusdesigns Solmus ipobarethieves corrinthian Sarrki iammo Metaphysical om0nnakoda melezenawii

You are telling lies. ive never collected a dime from nobody and never will. i will however continue to tell u wailers the truth no matter how painful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Then Received The N20,000 From Fg ? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2020
I'm not surprised one bit

(1) (Reply)

See What Security Officers Causing In Onitsha(photos ) / BREAKING: Nigeria Records 242 Corona Virus Cases Today 150 Deaths, Kano, Lagos T / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of A Break-up? — Senator Ekpenyong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.