Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,782 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies (1712 Views)

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks / Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by highbee02: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Breaking: Wife of Kwara
Coronavirus Index Case Dies,
As UITH Suspends Prof.
Salami.

THE wife of Kwara's index Coronavirus
case, a UK returnee who died as a result
of contracting coronavirus at the
University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital
(UITH) last Thursday, has also died.
She died at about 7pm yesterday,
according to a source close to the
family. The late woman, whose test result for the coronavirus came out positive, had
made series of contact with people right
after the burial of her late husband in
Offa, receiving condolences visitors
since last week Friday.

It will be recall that medical personnel,
including doctors and nurses also came
in contact with the index case have
been placed on self-isolation.
Other possible contacts include Professor A.K Salami, a Senior Consultant at UITH, who bathed the deceased and those who followed them for the burial in Offa last Friday.

Considering the exposure of the
deceased to many people, more
suspected cases of COVID 19 are
expected to be identified in Ilorin.
Meanwhile, the Management of the
has approved the suspension of
Professor A.K Salami as a Senior
Consultant in the hospital.

According to a release signed by the
Director of Administration , David
Odaibo, on behalf of the Chief Medical
Director, the professor was sacked due
to what it describe as “unethical
conduct in the admission, management
and eventual release of the corpse of a
suspected Covid-19 patient who died in
the hospital on the 3rd of April, 2020.”

https://www.operanewsapp.com/za/en/share/detail?news_id=1395289e2d36d346bc83483aaa85ad35&news_entry_id=tc9160ea200407en_za&open_type=transcoded&request_id=mini_share_b7294b4f959319e098130e1a65e4d2e76d706872&from=mini&share=1&sharesource=whats_app&shareuid=b7294b4f959319e098130e1a65e4d2e76d706872

Breaking: Wife of Kwara
Coronavirus Index Case Dies,
As UITH Suspends Prof.
Salami.

THE wife of Kwara's index Coronavirus
case, a UK returnee who died as a result
of contracting coronavirus at the
(UITH) last Thursday, has also died.
She died at about 7pm yesterday,
according to a source close to the
family. The late woman, whose test result for the coronavirus came out positive, had
made series of contact with people right
after the burial of her late husband in
Offa, receiving condolences visitors
since last week Friday.

It will be recall that medical personnel,
including doctors and nurses also came
in contact with the index case have
been placed on self-isolation.
Other possible contacts include Professor A.K Salami, a Senior Consultant at UITH, who bathed the deceased and those who followed them for the burial in Offa last Friday.

Considering the exposure of the
deceased to many people, more
suspected cases of COVID 19 are
expected to be identified in Ilorin.
Meanwhile, the Management of the
has approved the suspension of
Professor A.K Salami as a Senior
Consultant in the hospital.

According to a release signed by the
Director of Administration , David
Odaibo, on behalf of the Chief Medical
Director, the professor was sacked due
to what it describe as “unethical
conduct in the admission, management
and eventual release of the corpse of a
suspected Covid-19 patient who died in
the hospital on the 3rd of April, 2020.”

https://www.operanewsapp.com/za/en/share/detail?news_id=1395289e2d36d346bc83483aaa85ad35&news_entry_id=tc9160ea200407en_za&open_type=transcoded&request_id=mini_share_b7294b4f959319e098130e1a65e4d2e76d706872&from=mini&share=1&sharesource=whats_app&shareuid=b7294b4f959319e098130e1a65e4d2e76d706872

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by Treble3: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by dangermouse(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
S_it about to hit the fan!
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by Asquare84(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
How can a chief consultant of teaching hospital will not identify a patient of Corona virus, the CMD licence need to be revoked

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by Oshin56(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
May Almighty God rest her soul if it's true, op try and find another source for your info because 80% of opera news are false information.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by cRobo: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
NCDC is playing corrupt practise with their numbers
cases in Nigeria is escalating
well
I won't say a word
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by travelland(f): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
No treatment? why wasn't she being treated? I smell foul play.
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by travelland(f): 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
cRobo:
[s]NCDC is playing corrupt practise with their numbers

cases in Nigeria is escalating

well

I won't say a word[/s]

Go and manufacture the real number. You saddists won't rest with your evil predictions. Saddist.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by heywhytech1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fake news, no one has died as both people that tested positive for coronavirus in Kwara remain in stable condition.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by cRobo: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
travelland:

Go and manufacture the real number. You saddists won't rest with your evil predictions. Saddist.

what you don't understand is that under reporting will make people not take this virus seriously

in New York they initially underplayed the virus and see where they are now

I don't wish no body death but fact should be stated

next time educate yourself enough to mention me

well enough said

I won't say a word
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by travelland(f): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
cRobo:

[s]

what you don't understand is that under reporting will make people not take this virus seriously

in New York they initially underplayed the virus and see where they are now

I don't wish no body death but fact should be stated

next time educate yourself enough to mention me

well enough said

I won't say a word[/s]

Go check the meaning of psychopath, your type will rejoice over the news of many deaths. That's what you're waiting for.
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by cRobo: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
travelland:

Go check the meaning of psychopath, your type will rejoice over the news of many deaths. That's what you're waiting for.

just so you know I am a medical personnel and 80% of my friends are nurse/midwife and doctors

so you think i wish my friends dead

you are so pathetic
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by highbee02: 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Oshin56:
May Almighty God rest her soul if it's true, op try and find another source for your info because 80% of opera news are false information.

Noted
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
That Prof deserve The north korea treatment
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by travelland(f): 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
cRobo:

[s]
just so you know I am a medical personnel and 80% of my friends are nurse/midwife and doctors

so you think i wish my friends dead

you are so pathetic[/s]

It doesn't matter who you are, the fact that you're sad over the number of cases shows you have pycopathic behavioral traits.
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by highbee02: 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2020
heywhytech1:
Fake news, no one has died as both people that tested positive for coronavirus in Kwara remain in stable condition.

Are u in Kwara? If not, park well
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by cRobo: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
travelland:

It doesn't matter who you are, the fact that you're sad over the number of cases shows you have pycopathic behavioral traits.

I wish that some day you will wake up to reality

I never said I wish the cases to increase in Nigeria(who will ever wish that)

now stop mentioning me
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by travelland(f): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
cRobo:
[s]

I wish that some day you will wake up to reality

I never said I wish the cases to increase in Nigeria(who will ever wish that)

now stop mentioning me[/s]
Re: Breaking News: Wife Of Kwara Coronavirus Index Case Dies by Nukilia: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Now this is getting messy undecided

(1) (Reply)

Prostrate Cancer:an Unpreventable Disease / Edaa In Yoruba Is Called Wat In English! / Please I Need A UROLOGIST (urology Doctors) Very Urgent !!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.