Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? (564 Views)

He Offered His Friend A Job Instead Of Begging Him For Money, See What Happened / German Wife Peels Yam With A "Peeler" Instead Of Knife, Nigeria Husband Reacts. / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by tpiar: 9:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Do you feel such requests should be banned on nl?

It was debated on the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2613056/rule-22-against-asking-money
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by tpiar: 9:43am On Apr 08, 2020
Also, is it embarrassing (for Nigeria) when nlers/Nigerians go on well-to-do people's timelines to ask for money via social media?
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by sisisioge: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2020
It should be banned or at the least relegated to a particular thread or session. I find it totally disheartening. This sense of begging has been taught to kids too...there is a particular boy on my street that is always stalking anyone for money for food. Funnily, the boy is always eating puffpuff, chinchin or anything before walking to someone with a puppy face asking for alms. It is well jare...it is really well.
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by ImaIma1(f): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2020
sisisioge:
It should be banned or at the least relegated to a particular thread or session. I find it totally disheartening. This sense of begging has been taught to kids too...there is a particular boy on my street that is always stalking anyone for money for food. Funnily, the boy is always eating puffpuff, chinchin or anything before walking to someone with a puppy face asking for alms. It is well jare...it is really well.

The first thing I ask such children is "where are your parents".

Some of them are out there on their own without their parent's knowledge. While some others, their parents are aware. For the former, the parents are still to blame for letting their children out their sight.

Whichever case, I usually don't encourage it by giving them. I ignore
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by sisisioge: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2020
ImaIma1:

The first thing I ask such children is "where are your parents".

Some of them are out there on their own without their parent's knowledge. While some others, their parents are aware. For the former, the parents are still to blame for letting their children out their sight.

Whichever case, I usually don't encourage it by giving them. I ignore

I stopped bothering with him since I caught on. May God help us all.
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Greatzeus(m): 11:29am On Apr 08, 2020
I am always against begging online or offline. But recently it is obvious that the lockdown is having adverse effects on people's lives. And they had to come here for help.
Though few might be using lockdown as excuse,I believe most of the recent threads for help are genuine.
After the lockdown,if you come here begging. Me I will slash at you oh tongue might even call you scammer.
May God meet the needs of every nairalanders everywhere who needs help during this period.
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Asking for financial assistance = Begging.

1 Like

Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by egopersonified(f): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Please it shouldn't be banned oo, all fingers are not equal. Hope you guys read about the guy that didn't commit suicide because of 9k. I take God beg una, people are suffering. Some are scam, we know, but what about the genuine ones?
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by veave(f): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Well, I would have said it should be restricted but after reading a story yesterday of how one man was saved here from suicide after he got 9k after asking on nairaland I'm having second thoughts. You know I never would have believed that as small as the sum might look to some people, it actually saved a life. Truth is people are passing through a lot. It's just that some bad eggs who have made begging their day job would not allow others locate real life issues

1 Like

Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2020
sisisioge:
Funnily, the boy is always eating puffpuff, chinchin or anything before walking to someone with a puppy face asking for alms

gringringringringrin
Re: Call It Requesting Financial Assistance Instead Of Begging? by Missmossy(f): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2020
It shouldn’t be banned, no one is forced to give. It’s adverse effect of the lock down. So many people have little or nothing eat.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Cooks Stones To Trick Her 8 Hungry Children Hoping That They'll Soon Eat / . / How To Avoid Unwanted Pregnancies And Frequent Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.