Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record (3499 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by MayenKudi: 11:12am On Apr 08, 2020
A new Guinness world record has been set by African smartphone giant TECNO mobile as they recently unveiled their brand-new CAMON 15 series with a SONY camera and the trademarked TAIVOS™ technology and it is to note that this is Africa’s first online product launch.

In this launch, TECNO debuted the largest flip book GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title, entirely composed of photos shot on the TECNO CAMON 15 Premier. The flip book covers an area of 299.26 square meter in total, with 4.676 square meters for a single page, which is the newest GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title of largest flip book.

Although the photos were shot by a smartphone camera of the newly launched device, the details of the images are very vivid and clear even in such a gigantic flip book, and as beautiful as photos shot by professional photographers.

The CAMON 15 Premier is equipped with a powerful 64MP SONY camera. Even after zooming in on a picture with its 8x zoom, every detail will be perfectly captured.

The vividness of the photos produce by this phone has been upgraded by 68% from past Camon models. All you have to do is click the shutter to capture beautiful views and unforgettable memories that will be displayed purely and clearly.

Four pixels were combined into a 1.6-micron megapixel to create high-quality night shots. The large 1/2” sensor captures more light at night, producing a photo that is brighter with less visual noise.

When you put together a super-wide angle 115-degree field of vision and algorithms that reduce noise and boost clarity, you have a mobile camera you can count on for crystal-clear images that can scale to extreme dimensions without compromising detail.

People were astonished at the near-cinematic photos on the 2.17*2.15 meters pages of the flip book. But you are in for the surprise of your lives as you will be even more impressed by what you will discover right on the CAMON 15 Premier’s 6.6-inch tempered-glass screen.

source : https://www.pulse.ng/news/metro/tecno-camon-15-premier-broke-a-new-guinness-world-recordtm-title-of-largest-flip-book/k7vwqme

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by ChuckKingston(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Comot hype from Tecno and infinix and they'll be gone for good.
Their selling point is simply Hype.

10 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by selfdefence: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Wow, no be small record breaking o, please where is the flip book now cos I'd love to have a look at it.
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by MayenKudi: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2020
ChuckKingston:
Comot hype from Tecno and infinix and they'll be gone for good.
Their selling point is simply Hype.
lol, whats the hype there? The record is real now so I don't think anything is being hyped there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by nnaomaog(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2020
Great achievement... This should be a proof to people that always doubt what this brand is doing in Nigerian community.

MayenKudi:
A new Guinness world record has been set by African smartphone giant TECNO mobile as they recently unveiled their brand-new CAMON 15 series with a SONY camera and the trademarked TAIVOS™ technology and it is to note that this is Africa’s first online product launch.

In this launch, TECNO debuted the largest flip book GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title, entirely composed of photos shot on the TECNO CAMON 15 Premier. The flip book covers an area of 299.26 square meter in total, with 4.676 square meters for a single page, which is the newest GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title of largest flip book.

Although the photos were shot by a smartphone camera of the newly launched device, the details of the images are very vivid and clear even in such a gigantic flip book, and as beautiful as photos shot by professional photographers.

The CAMON 15 Premier is equipped with a powerful 64MP SONY camera. Even after zooming in on a picture with its 8x zoom, every detail will be perfectly captured.

The vividness of the photos produce by this phone has been upgraded by 68% from past Camon models. All you have to do is click the shutter to capture beautiful views and unforgettable memories that will be displayed purely and clearly.

Four pixels were combined into a 1.6-micron megapixel to create high-quality night shots. The large 1/2” sensor captures more light at night, producing a photo that is brighter with less visual noise.

When you put together a super-wide angle 115-degree field of vision and algorithms that reduce noise and boost clarity, you have a mobile camera you can count on for crystal-clear images that can scale to extreme dimensions without compromising detail.

People were astonished at the near-cinematic photos on the 2.17*2.15 meters pages of the flip book. But you are in for the surprise of your lives as you will be even more impressed by what you will discover right on the CAMON 15 Premier’s 6.6-inch tempered-glass screen.

source : https://www.pulse.ng/news/metro/tecno-camon-15-premier-broke-a-new-guinness-world-recordtm-title-of-largest-flip-book/k7vwqme

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by MayenKudi: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2020
selfdefence:
Wow, no be small record breaking o, please where is the flip book now cos I'd love to have a look at it.
I think the flip book was awarded in Beijing China, I don't think it's in Nigeria yet.

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by sunshineV(f): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kayconcept2:
TECNO sure knows how to break records and set new ones, double records for that matter.

Guinness largest flip book records was broken and then the first Phone company to lunch their new phone online, that's a big step up.

Apart from promoting trash u need to start learning stuffs online too. a lot of phones have been lunched online

3 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
If you marketers and supporters of Tecno are sincerely unaware of what tecno is. Then visit this thread on twitter, twitter.com/zesushv.
It's almost too much for me seeing someone praise a written detail about Transission.
Someone is even saying the 64mp on camon 15 premier is from Sony....

5 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by akashi01(m): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kayconcept2:
TECNO sure knows how to break records and set new ones, double records for that matter.

Guinness largest flip book records was broken and then the first Phone company to lunch their new phone online, that's a big step up.

First phone company to launch online? Are you kidding me?

Huawei, Xiaomi and Samsung that launched online before this nko?

Where do you guys get your Retard-Juice from? God forbid

6 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by SAMICSUBDOTCOM(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
really
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by johnbush(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
MayenKudi:

uh, one question please. is it a phone or is it a camera
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by atheistandproud(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
akashi01:

No be only "lunch", na dinner. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by akashi01(m): 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
atheistandproud:

No be only "lunch", na dinner. grin grin grin

Maybe that's precisely what he meant grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by Chubbyface: 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
johnbush:

uh, one question please. is it a phone or is it a camera
the topic says it's a smartphone brand
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by photon3106: 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
akashi01:

First online product launch in AFRICA. I'd like to think that none of those brands you mentioned has ever done an Africa's online product launch for any product of theirs yet.
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by Bodmaxxx(m): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Audio Flip
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by genius43(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2020
photon3106:

First online product launch in AFRICA. I'd like to think that none of those brands you mentioned has ever done an Africa's online product launch for any product of theirs yet.

Is Africa not part of the Global Village?

When an OEM does a Global Launch Online, Africa is included afterall there was no region restrictions when it was been streamed online.

When you take that into consideration they are still not the first.

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by photon3106: 1:43am On Apr 09, 2020
genius43:

Is Africa not part of the Global Village?

When an OEM does a Global Launch Online, Africa is included afterall there was no region restrictions when it was been streamed online.

When you take that into consideration they are still not the first.

But that is not their consideration. Africa as we know it is a subset of the global market. So I think by saying 'an online launching in Africa' one should think of it as ' this product got to Africa first... The Africa market was priotized,... Public notification of same product kick started with Africans in mind' So being able to technically watch the launching on the global media isn't the consideration here.
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:03am On Apr 09, 2020
photon3106:

But that is not their consideration. Africa as we know it is a subset of the global market. So I think by saying 'an online launching in Africa' one should think of it as ' this product got to Africa first... The Africa market was priotized,... Public notification of same product kick started with Africans in mind' So being able to technically watch the launching on the global media isn't the consideration here.
Specifically. What you are saying is, This embodiment of inferior hardware, a composition of tragedy and disappointment wrapped in one, waiting to make the life of any buyer miserably unfortunate was made with Africa in mind?
This statement confirms Tecno's intentions towards Nigerians and Africa at large.
I tell you, from every perspective it's ends with a Nigerian having his head in his hand, except we get these misleading cheats to answer for their cheap scams.

3 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by genius43(m): 2:40am On Apr 09, 2020
photon3106:

Camon 15 and 15 Pro was first launched in India in February bro then U.A.E, only the premier got launched here first.

I follow tech everywhere, don't be restricted to only happenings around tech in Nigeria or Africa.

The infinix Note 7 and Note 7 lite still got launched in India first too, yet to be launched in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by Tallesty1(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2020
You deliberately refused to mention Tecno in the tittle because you know that a lot of readers will scroll down without opening the thread.

Tells you how Well Tecno is doing

5 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by Yahman1(m): 8:10am On Apr 09, 2020

Lol,

Naomi fans will soon full this thread crying cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tecno always giving them headache

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2020
Waiting for Xiaomi cry cry babies to come flood this page..lol
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by KrazyDave16(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2020
Even if Jesus endorsed the company, I won't use my money to get their devices

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by photon3106: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Specifically. What you are saying is, This embodiment of inferior hardware, a composition of tragedy and disappointment wrapped in one, waiting to make the life of any buyer miserably unfortunate was made with Africa in mind?
This statement confirms Tecno's intentions towards Nigerians and Africa at large.
I tell you, from every perspective it's ends with a Nigerian having his head in his hand, except we get these misleading cheats to answer for their cheap scams.

Lolz grin
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by photon3106: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
genius43:

Camon 15 and 15 Pro was first launched in India in February bro then U.A.E, only the premier got launched here first.

I follow tech everywhere, don't be restricted to only happenings around tech in Nigeria or Africa.

The infinix Note 7 and Note 7 lite still got launched in India first too, yet to be launched in Nigeria.

I do too... And if you read the first post by the OP again, you'd realise that the focus is the Premier.You agreed that only the Premier was launched here which still justifies their claim anyways. They could have chosen to launch all in India and U.A.E but the fact that a product was still launched here justifies their claim. grin
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by genius43(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
photon3106:

I do too... And if you read the first post by the OP again, you'd realise that the focus is the Premier.You agreed that only the Premier was launched here which still justifies their claim anyways. They could have chosen to launch all in India and U.A.E but the fact that a product was still launched here justifies their claim. grin

He said Camon 15 series, which comprises the three Camon phone. What is difficult to understand.

Stop been a blind follower. Not everyone is dumb if a vast majority that use their products are.
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by photon3106: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
genius43:

He said Camon 15 series, which comprises the three Camon phone. What is difficult to understand.

Stop been a blind follower. Not everyone is dumb if a vast majority that use their products are.

Now, you're being emotinal about this. You see, let's leave out our feeling towards tecno and focus on the claim.

'Tecno Camon 15 series' isn't a single product. It's a line of production. More than 1 product exists in this line. So, they indeed launched A PRODUCT online in Africa while the other products in the series were in India and U.A:E. The launch in Africa happpens to be the first with the Camon 15 Premier being the PRODUCT.

So, an online launch was made for a product. The location is Africa and the product in Question is a member of the Camon 15 Series.
The other phones were also lauched in Nigeria alongside the premier even thoough they've been launched in India. Hence 'Tecno Camon 15 series' was launched online and is the first in Africa.
What's not so easy to understand here? grin
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by andelawhite: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lol. I almost fell off my chair when I saw this comment. Na really Naomi grin
Yahman1:

Lol,

Naomi fans will soon full this thread crying cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tecno always giving them headache

Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by olujosh301(m): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kayconcept2:

Please stop this misinformation
They aren't the first to lunch a phone online
Re: Smartphone Brand Breaks Guinness World Record by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:36am On Apr 10, 2020
Kayconcept2:

Two records has always kept.
Most expensive phone with poor hardware.
Most expensive brand with ignorant marketers.

The best Tecno phone in 2020 still cannot compete with any midrange phone from 2017.
A Tecno marketer can not tell the difference between an eMMc 5.1 or while it's inferior to 2.1
Or why a usb type C port is better than a usb type B.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno N9 [PHANTOM PAD] - First Android Tablet From Tecno. (Price & Features) / Blackmart Application...does It Really Make Paid Store Apps Free?.. / Samsung Galaxy A8 Specs & Price (rumor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.