Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Is The Black Race So Backward? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is The Black Race So Backward? (814 Views)

Seun, Why Is Your Forum Still So Backward In 2023? / The Black Snake I Killed In My Room This Morning / Why Blacks Are So Backward! - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Black Race So Backward? by Bash512: 11:12am On Apr 08, 2020
I haven't been to Europe, America or Asia but I have seen a lot of Westerns and North Asian films...the skylines, road network, tech, engineering, institutions and systems.

Even though, as I type, there's still no scientific proof that a White brain has more capabilities than a Black brain- sounds like a relief but it's not because it adds to the complexity of the subject. I mean, if there is a proof, I wouldn't have to write this piece.
Let's digress a little to colonial era.
Okay, how the Bleep did they colonized your forefathers? ;DEhn

I used Black race in the subject instead of Africa because we have negroes on the Caribbean living/behaving exactly like us- all messed up.
Also, Northern Africa Arabs are not Blacks.
(Egyptians, Algerians,Libyans, Tunisians, Moroccans and Sudanese).

Black people always trying to get some pride (construction of the pyramids, 1st civilization black black) from Egypt to prove the sophistication of the Black race even though Egyptians are Arabs not Blacks. Basically, the Black race never really contributed anything to get the world where it is today, say any field in the world; oh, except the hard labour during slavery and the billions of dollars we pay for being a consumer.

We buy everything! Weapons,medicine, education, food, electronics, oil, clothes, services, spare parts, construction materials, internet, applications, softwares, computers,cars, bikes, planes, vessels, tissue papers, crayons, toothpicks, pencils...look around you, maybe you'll be lucky to find something made in Nigeria/Africa.

We don't have any record of methods or standards of doing things. We couldn't even mechanize our Agriculture which was our major occupation. We never explored anywhere, never discovered any Island talk more of anything in space.
More reason we shouldn't get too sentimental about Africa being testing ground for vaccines; at least they're giving us the chance to contribute something.

I have a theory for why the Black race is backward.
Necessity is the mother of inventions they say.
I believe Africa, conspicuously a land of abundance and peace-great weather, negligible natural disasters, abundance of natural resources, fertile lands et al...
Everything was easy! Thinking out of the box to create/invent something new was inconceivable because the necessity was never there. I mean, they can sleep under trees without clothes on, comfortably; explains why they never thought of making clothes or building well.

On the other hand, the harsh weather in the West and wars; the desperation to survive and necessities that comes with survival groomed them to invent, explore, build and ultimately putting them leaps ahead of us.

I must admit, I am not convinced by this theory.

Why is the Black race so backward?
Let's hear your opinion.

Re: Why Is The Black Race So Backward? by Shelumiel: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2020
In my opinion, the black man is backward for two reasons:
1. He hates knowledge. There is white man's proverb that says, if you want to hide your secrets from a black man, put it inside a book'". And this is true. Look at our youths! Is the reading culture not dead?
2. Our forefathers never served God ; they served the devil. And you cannot serve the devil and expect to prosper. Neither can you serve the devil and expect his superstituous beliefs to promote you in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Black Race So Backward? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2020
Shelumiel:
In my opinion, the black man is backward for two reasons:
1. He hates knowledge. There is white man's proverb that says, if you want to hide your secrets from a black man, put it inside a book'". And this is true. Look at our youths! Is the reading culture not dead?
2. Our forefathers never served God ; they served the devil. And you cannot serve the devil and expect to prosper. Neither can you serve the devil and expect his superstituous beliefs to promote you in life.
U on point,
Another perspective, this indifference and phobia for knowledge has resulted in very very low human development index HDI

large unproductive population. Further resulting in low standards of living.

Solution I propose is leaders should focus more on

EDUCATION which will address low HDI

HEALTH will address poor standard of living. Because if a country desire healthy citizens their infrastructure such as road and water will. be improved

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Black Race So Backward? by Shelumiel: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

U on point,
Another perspective, this indifference and phobia for knowledge has resulted in very very low human development index HDI

large unproductive population. Further resulting in low standards of living.

Solution I propose is leaders should focus more on

EDUCATION which will address low HDI

HEALTH will address poor standard of living. Because if a country desire healthy citizens their infrastructure such as road and water will. be improved

You're right, but our leaders are also among those who despise education. They may talk the talk, but can never do the work.
Re: Why Is The Black Race So Backward? by Bash512: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
I don't know why African leaders find it so hard to invest in education. It's as if they don't believe in it.
I learnt that Harvard's budget is bigger than most African nation's... if one is very selective, u can get up 5 African countries combined.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Energia Oil & Gas MD/CEO Leste Aihevba In Sexcapades With His Executi / How To Produce Your Own Pure Groundnut Oil At Home / Beautify Your Home With Stainless Handrail.. Railings Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.