Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Vulnerabilty And Covid-19 - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vulnerabilty And Covid-19 (287 Views)

Governor Wike's lock down And Covid-19 Helped Me To Discover My Hidden Talents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vulnerabilty And Covid-19 by Fish4wealth: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
In the last few days, their has been lots of demands for proper definition of the vulnerable people.

Amidst this pandemic, Nigeria government across states had insisted that palliatives from the government are not meant for every Nigerians but the most vulnerable.

This begs for answers..who are the most vulnerable?

Sadly few minutes ago..i had a call encounter with an organisation that equally claims to be reaching out to the most vulnerable under their new Covid-19 initiative. I won't mention them but asking interested sponsors to pay a certain amount of money to get the packaged food items while they the organisation do the sharing.

If i may ask...how do classify vulnerable, more vulnerable and most vulnerable going by the English will learnt back then.....

Shockingly, a representative of the company on phone asked me to reach out to the most vulnerable and give such their contact phone number so they reach them directly.

I was rattled...how do they expect the most vulnerable to have phones in the first place.

Conversely, it seems we are forgetting that the word VULNERABLE could also mean an attack on ones emotion, physically or psychologically.

By implication, it means the just vulnerable might just become agitated and transformed to more vulnerable....

It's hightime, governments and all those who are more financially stable puts measures in place to address hunger before peoples anger escalate and that will be serious than covid itself.

Many Nigerians are running out of money to buy food.
All Nigerians should be entitled to palliatives however little.

In Canada, their is no category of vulnerable people. Almost everyone without racial discrimination were provided with food stuffs.

Let's be more proactive.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Since Your Mum Has Taught You How To Cook - Teach Others And Make Money / Divine Thoughts / Look At This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.