Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? (526 Views)

COVID-19: How Long Can Nigeria Be On Lockdown? / The Black Lungs Of A Chinese Chain Smoker (Graphic Photos, Video) / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by knowhowk: 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hello Everyone,Most times it's mentioned that Covid 19 is a Respiratory Infection,does not go through the stomach to the Lungs ,I have just been wondering if this is the Situation then how does drugs like Chloroquine, antiviral favipiravir,remdesivir which are been tested on the Virus with some Immpresive Results ..Gets into the Lungs .Many Argue when you ingest a medication it goes into your Stomach ,does it Implies there is no Body metabolism connection between what goes into your stomach and other organs including our Lungs?
Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by tuborme: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
I just hope you have basic secondary education. Because when you have headache... they usually open your head to insert paracetamol.

6 Likes

Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by GamalNasser: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
The lungs is one of the easiest places in the body for any drug to reach , your small intestine filters the drug along with nutrients into your blood and the blood makes its way to the lungs where oxygen is deposited into it , so in essence the vessel rich lungs will come into contact with most drugs early

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
tuborme:
I just hope you have basic secondary education. Because when you have headache... they usually open your head to insert paracetamol.
No chill

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by lifeagain22: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
tuborme:
. I just hope you have manners. Because when you type to make Comment you just exhibit your stupidity.If you make research about the Ravaging Covid 19 ,Your stupidity should inform you that there are Several Controversial theories ,Someone asked a question ,Simply answer or you leave .All you could is to resort to Insult.I know your type ,warming up to exhibit more stupidity and foolishness .

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by lifeagain22: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
The lungs is one of the easiest places in the body for any drug to reach , your small intestine filters the drug along with nutrients into your blood and the blood makes its way to the lungs where oxygen is deposited into it , so in essence the vessel rich lungs will come into contact with most drugs early
God blesses you .Good answer to that Question. Unlike one tuborme Fool

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by Jman06(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
knowhowk:
Hello Everyone,Most times it's mentioned that Covid 19 is a Respiratory Infection,does not go through the stomach to the Lungs ,I have just been wondering if this is the Situation then how does drugs like Chloroquine, antiviral favipiravir,remdesivir which are been tested on the Virus with some Immpresive Results ..Gets into the Lungs .Many Argue when you ingest a medication it goes into your Stomach ,does it Implies there is no Body metabolism connection between what goes into your stomach and other organs including our Lungs?
How does blood flow to your lungs to facilitate respiration
Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by tuborme: 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
lifeagain22:
. I just hope you have manners. Because when you type to make Comment you just exhibit your stupidity.If you make research about the Ravaging Covid 19 ,Your stupidity should inform you that there are Several Controversial theories ,Someone asked a question ,Simply answer or you leave .All you could is to resort to Insult.I know your type ,warming up to exhibit more stupidity and foolishness .

I don’t have one bit of time for you all conspiracy theorists. He should start asking about how paracetamol cures his headache....is he not swallowing the paracetamol? Na 5G Dey cure am!
Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by lifeagain22: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
tuborme:

I don’t have one bit of time for you all conspiracy theorists. He should start asking about how paracetamol cures his headache....is he not swallowing the paracetamol? Na 5G Dey cure am!
. And you think I have time for your stupidity .
Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by scoundrel(f): 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
This is a rough commonsense guess since I have no medical experience whatsoever: the drugs when taken artificially raise one’s core temperature which kills the foreign bodies involved. With the disclaimer some Nairalanders will still come, ranting and raving that I have no idea what I’m typing about. I have no idea but a theory, hence my two cents.
Re: Covid 19: How Does Drugs Get To The Lungs Since It's A Respiratory Infection? by knowhowk: 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Some Virologist Explanation that Covid 19 has nothing to do with the stomach and once you take Some Alkaline food it does not get into the Lungs.The whole thing is Controversial .Read Attached

(1) (Reply)

KANO: Expert Explains Why There May Be Rise In Deaths, Pleads For Calm / Https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/primal-grow-pro-latest-report-2020-gro / How This Drug Work 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.