Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. (1474 Views)

British-Nigerian Man Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt / Clinton Kalu: Man Wrongfully Imprisoned For 27 Years Speaks / 2 Nigerians In Vietnam Jailed For 28 Years Over Dating Scam Of About $130,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Brytesp(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
One day in 1988, poor old Clarence was just enjoying his daily routine, when he was taken in by the police as a rape suspect.

A hospitalized woman claimed she had been brutally raped, by a black man.

More than a day after the assault, while in the hospital, the woman identified Clarence as her attacker, saying his face came to her in a dream.

Clarence Moses-EL was convicted in 1988 and sentenced to 48 years in prison for raping and assaulting a woman when she returned home from a night of drinking, despite NO FURTHER EVIDENCE other than her bruises and her dream.

Clarence had long claimed he was innocent.

But his efforts to appeal his conviction were unsuccessful, in part because Denver police threw away DNA evidence from the scene, according to reports.

Luckily, in December 2013, while serving his 48-year prison sentence, Clarence received a letter from another man, L.C Jackson.

In the letter Jackson said he couldn't believe Clarence had been accused of raping the same woman Jackson “ had sex” with the very same night.

'I really don't know what to say to you, but let's start by bringing what was done in the dark into the light,' Jackson wrote, according to court documents. 'I have a lot on my heart.'

This confession letter led to a court hearing in July, where Jackson testified that he lost his temper during sex with the woman and hit her in the face. He admitted to it all. Although it wasn't necessarily a rape.

Clarence had already spent 28 years of his 48-year sentence in prison.

Imagine that…

An innocent man…

28 years he'll never get back…

Because of a DREAM…

1 Like

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Passionate888: 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
Most Women sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by GraGra247(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
Same point I've been making. The legal system has to go it very very carefully with rape convictions.

The fact that DNA evidence was lost was enough for the court to free him but put him on a watch list. Now an entire 28 years lost in agony.

3 Likes

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Dottore: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
See the height of racism. The way some of these whites behave when you wish to sit next to them in public transport would make you want to puke on them. Yet some inferior asslickers wouldn't let me hear word.

7 Likes

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Brytesp(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
Pure racism cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Flyingngel(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
I weak.
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by GraGra247(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
Brytesp:
Pure racism cry

This has nothing to do with racism. Anyone could be a victim.

Please let's stop playing this race card amiss.
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Moneywirer: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
How can I unread this??
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
Brytesp:
One day in 1988, poor old Clarence was just enjoying his daily routine, when he was taken in by the police as a rape suspect.

A hospitalized woman claimed she had been brutally raped, by a black man.

More than a day after the assault, while in the hospital, the woman identified Clarence as her attacker, saying his face came to her in a dream.

Clarence Moses-EL was convicted in 1988 and sentenced to 48 years in prison for raping and assaulting a woman when she returned home from a night of drinking, despite NO FURTHER EVIDENCE other than her bruises and her dream.

Clarence had long claimed he was innocent.

But his efforts to appeal his conviction were unsuccessful, in part because Denver police threw away DNA evidence from the scene, according to reports.

Luckily, in December 2013, while serving his 48-year prison sentence, Clarence received a letter from another man, L.C Jackson.

In the letter Jackson said he couldn't believe Clarence had been accused of raping the same woman Jackson “ had sex” with the very same night.

'I really don't know what to say to you, but let's start by bringing what was done in the dark into the light,' Jackson wrote, according to court documents. 'I have a lot on my heart.'

This confession letter led to a court hearing in July, where Jackson testified that he lost his temper during sex with the woman and hit her in the face. He admitted to it all. Although it wasn't necessarily a rape.

Clarence had already spent 28 years of his 48-year sentence in prison.

Imagine that…

An innocent man…

28 years he'll never get back…

Because of a DREAM…
imagine spending 28years in prison, man! the state will be paying $1billion dollar for that, I swear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Ancecoker(m): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
This is too bad sad
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Freelane33(m): 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Smallest of it all . Watch CBS REALITY SHOW .people goes to jail because of silly silly things . May we not be the victim of ..::::
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by annisy(f): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2020
Fear women
They are deadly
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by verifiablefacts: 8:29am On Apr 09, 2020
annisy:
Fear women They are deadly
the judge and the lawyers may be men,foolish men.
Re: A Man Was Imprisoned For 28 YEARS After A Woman Dreamed That He Raped Her. by Collection01: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2020
GraGra247:

This has nothing to do with racism. Anyone could be a victim.

Please let's stop playing this race card amiss.

Na racism...watch the movie titled: when they see us

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy In Serious Trouble As Money Ritual Goes Wrong. / New Scam Alert!!!!!!!!! Fraudster Using Gtbank / Bawomolo: Any Lessons From This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.