Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin (1035 Views)

Suspected Cultists Butcher Man, Dump Body In Waste Bin In Calabar / Can Somebody Guess What Is Going On Here? / 10 Facts About Osama Bin Laden You Probably Didn’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by Seun(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2007
I really don't want us to talk about rape and other violent crimes. Although talking about 419 is ok.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by champredd(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2007
Seun, please do not move this section to the recycle bin, it will be better if you change the title from crime to political crime and create another crime section for those who want to post common crime somewhere else (probably the recycle bin).
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by sammy6(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2007
Seun,
I see nothing wrong with discussing about rape and violent crimes as this makes nairaland users to be aware of what is happening in the society
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by desgiezd(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2007
Seun, I would want to plead that this section should not be merged with recycle bin. We also should be allowed to discuss serious issues like rape and violent crimes, reason is that one never can tell, such discussions could lead to a positive change in our society. No one can tell how far our discussions in Nairaland go and the effect they have on readers/fellow Nairalanders.

By the way, why is it that I can't make some fonts bold in my write-ups? Please educate me.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by LuUmBiOn2(m): 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2007
Seun! Relax jo.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by LuUmBiOn2(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2007
Seun! Relax jo.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by denex: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2007
@Seun

there are so many aspects of crime. If you say people should not discuss some type of crime, it may begin to seem suspicious. Which level
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2007
the problem with discussing violent crimes is that they are so often trivialized.
We don't want to put ideas in the heads of the psychopaths that are undoubtedly in our midst.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by CrazyMan(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2007
@Seun
I think it would be good if you allow people to discuss about crime; because it enlightens people on what to do when they encounter things like that. Sex attack one of the most shameful and emotional kind of crime; but it's good people discuss it so that girls would be able to learn from it and not fall victims.
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by JohnEllis(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2007
Seun is it possible to hijack a website? Coz I'm finna hijack this one. Word
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2007
Seun, crime will ALWAYS take place! It's best folk are made aware of the facts, and know what early warning signs to look out for.

Putting a blanket on violent crime here won't prevent it from happening!
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by Legendary(m): 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2007
Omo Seun i concur man.

Remove this gory section from nairaland.

If you feel like discussing this disturbing events or wanna read and know more about them, there are sites and forums that are dedicated to this kind of news. Just google it.
undecided
Re: This Section Is Going To Be Merged With The Recycle Bin by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2007
Not to spoil anyone's thunder but this is my first time on this section and I have to admit it is a very scary, gory, chilly section. I don't think I can handle it or visit it again. Seun you don't have to merge it with the recycle bin. People with strong minds can handle it.

(1) (Reply)

Abortions:right Or Wrong? / Kidnapping: The Most Lucrative Crime Industry In Nigeriaand Ways Of Curbing It / From Hajj To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.