Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community (503 Views)

Man Beheaded In Anambra, Two Others Killed In Renewed Cult War (Photo) / 2 Killed In Renewed Cult War After Brutal Killing Of Final Year CRUTECH Student / Jukun Youths Kill Tiv Militias, Pose With Their Corpses (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by Tissaia(f): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 navigation Breaking News Jukun/Tiv crisis: 3 killed in renewed attack on Benue community By Hope Abah Emmanuel, Makurdi | Published Date Apr 8, 2020 12:06 PM Houses burnt during the Tiv-Jukun crisis Three people have been killed early hours of Wednesday in Jootar community of Ukum Local Government Area (LGA) of Benue State by an alleged Jukun militia. Daily Trust gathered that the militia stormed the border town at 4:00am, shot sporadically, burnt down several houses and killed three while residents fled for safety. A local in the area claimed that over half of the community was razed down by the arsonists militia who unleashed terror on the rural residents and caused them to flee their homes. The villager also alleged that the Jukun militia, before the latest early morning attack, had blocked the road on Tuesday and killed four commuters of Tiv origin.
Also, the Chairman of Ukum LGA, Tor-Tyokaar Ibellogo, told our correspondent by telephone that the attack on his Jootar people was massive. “I’m right now in Jootar. The level of destruction is massive; not less than 1000 houses were destroyed. We are still recovering bodies but so far we have identified three corpses,” he said. Ibellogo alleged that the attack was carried out by Jukun militia. When contacted, Force Commander of Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS), Major General Adeyemi Yekini, confirmed an attack in the area but added that he was not yet aware of the causalities. “There was an attack in Jootar this morning. I’m not aware of anybody killed but my troops are on ground there. If there is anybody killed, I will know later. But right now, my troops are there,” Yekini posited. On her part, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Benue Command (PPRO), DSP Catherine Anene, said three corpses were recovered at the scene and that investigation into the matter was in progress. Related Jukun/Tiv crisis: 4 killed in Benue Taraba: Why Tiv/Jukun crisis refuses to end Perennial Tiv/Jukun clashes unsettle Taraba

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/jukun-tiv-crisis-3-killed-in-renewed-attack-on-benue-community.html

Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by ComedianzazaB(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
it's well
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by Engrgreg231(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
So people still have the guts to fight amidst corona this is unbelievable but come to think of it this year 2020 is this what it stands for

1 Like

Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by richmind2019(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
I don't think this warriors have heard anything about coronavirus
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by sapientia(m): 1:24am On Apr 09, 2020
Las las both no get sense.

War is lose lose.

No one wins
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by Olabode971(f): 2:46am On Apr 09, 2020
cry undecided
When we were promised Vision2020, we never had an idea that this is what will turn up to be.. Endless killing, maiming, massacre acrue with Endless Looting, Abject poverty, Hardship,Suffering, still Nigerians forbear it all with a Smiling_Face. Now, an uphill one is lurking around...Total_Lockdown!!! #Ooh_What_A_country!!!
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by sunnyanet(m): 3:16am On Apr 09, 2020
I pray politics, tribalism, hatred will not kill us in this country, they need total lockdown, curfew, state of emergency, arrest etc
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by Hamilton1(m): 7:38am On Apr 09, 2020
Afonjas at it again
Re: Jukun/tiv Crisis: 3 Killed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community by COMMENTSFIGHTER: 9:15am On Apr 09, 2020
Jukuns and Tivs are bitter enemies and they have been in war with each other for more than 25 years.

(1) (Reply)

Loan Repayment During Lockdown / Man Seals His Wife's Private Part With Super Glue / Viral Video: IGP Orders Immediate Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.