Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. (604 Views)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
I just saw a movie on Hulu that made me remember this sad or should I say a beautiful story of a single man and his son. He has two sons and one daughter. the ex wife tried to make all the children hate this man but this one son, he was different. He didn't see any reason to hate the man that fathered him. Instead he was showing him love.

I was like 6 at the time. The man was a very good friend to my ma. His house is like 20min walk but as kids then it always take me upto an hour grin.

The good son is a lorry driver. there is this express road that is 5min walk to the mans house. The son always ply the road 2 or 3 times in a month with his lorry. Sometimes he'll stop and greet his father and tip him something. other times he'll blow horn immediately he's entering the village, blow another horn when he's approaching his fathers house and another long horn before he passes the "good bye" sign board. Most of the time it's always at night he passes. So the horn was very loud enough to hear, also it's a very big village, at night you can even hear you thoughts talking because it's always quite.

This happened for many years. It was the most beautiful connection I ever seen even when I was a kid. I always hear the horn and feel happy for the man because that horn became what the man was living for. It's always panic and worries if he doesn't hear the horn on the calculated day grin

Then one day, the horn stopped all of a sudden. I remember waking ma up at 4am and told her I haven't heard "Sunday's" horn for the past two market days. Ma confirmed it too.

This man would wake up at 4am and go wait by the road side waiting. Months passed, no one heard any news, no one came to spread news. Nothing came up. Ma would cook food and and package it in a basket and put it on my head to go give him. It was always a problem for me to make him eat. Sometimes I walk back home to tell Ma he's not eating. Ma would leave whatever she was doing and trek there. Have a mature talk with him and make him eat a little portion.

Then after several months, the news came. cry

#wipes tears#
Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by dawnomike(m): 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
You had better say the news now else i will knock off your tiny teeth on NL for making me whet my appetite for the story in vain grin

1 Like

Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by poshestmina(f): 4:25am On Apr 09, 2020
Stupidity undecided, please shock us and don't be stupid cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by sagtav(f): 5:23am On Apr 09, 2020
Oya, come and finish the story���

Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by Lamanii22(f): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2020
OP finish the effing story...
Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by Drince: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2020
OP you must finish ths story oooo

1 Share

Re: Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. by worworbabe: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Isn't the end of the stupid story obvious.

I don't know who deserves the monica more. Op or those who commented before me?

(1) (Reply)

Double Sided Grill Pan Available Only #9000 / Child Who Got Missing 32 Years Ago Found By Parents / Never Used In Naija Washing Machine & Baby Pram For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.