Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,865 members, 7,862,858 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida (659 Views)

Rivers People Want To Blackmail Me – Amaechi / …babangida Defends Buhari / Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida by omoloba123(m): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2011
ormer Nigerian military Leader, General Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida (rtd) has condemned the attempt to link him with the spate of bomb blasts in parts of the country, describing it as cheap blackmail.

According to a statement signed by Babangida’s spokesman, Kassim Afegbua, the former leader was seriously concerned with the bombings that had claimed several lives and wanted the government to squarely address the problems through convocation of summit of stakeholders on security to identify new methods of tackling the problem.

While urging the government not to play politics with the dangerous trend, he noted that the development should be attributed to failure of governance rather than engaging in buck passing. The retired general, while commiserating with the families of those who lost their lives in the , read more below

http://www.cityflavourmagazine.com/?p=1313
Re: Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida by TippyTop(m): 3:17am On Jan 03, 2011
Though its not impossible, I doubt if IBB had anything to do with it.
On the other hand the bomb had "ATIKU" emblazoned on it.
Re: Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 03, 2011
IBB has been accused of a lot in the history of this country and may be most are accurate accusations.

But the current linking of Bomb blasts to anybody running against Jonathan Goodluck is simply childish and shameful.

IBB used to be the prime suspect, once he left the race it changed to Atiku.

However these bombings did not start today, they started even while Yar'adua was in office. BokoHaram and MEND were active then. This is just an existing problem that has been allowed to get out of hand because Government is sleeping and not awake to its responsibilities.

This business of linking the bomb to anyone running against Jonathan are the sort of behaviors you see when dimwits blindly and hopelessly supports a half baked leader who can't differentiate facts from fiction.
Re: Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 03, 2011
omoloba123:

ormer Nigerian military Leader, General Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida (rtd) has condemned the attempt to link him with the spate of bomb blasts in parts of the country, describing it as cheap blackmail.

According to a statement signed by Babangida’s spokesman, Kassim Afegbua, the former leader was seriously concerned with the bombings that had claimed several lives and wanted the government to squarely address the problems through convocation of summit of stakeholders on security to identify new methods of tackling the problem.

While urging the government not to play politics with the dangerous trend, he noted that the development should be attributed to failure of governance rather than engaging in buck passing. The retired general, while commiserating with the families of those who lost their lives in the , read more below

http://www.cityflavourmagazine.com/?p=1313

the reason he authorized and funded the bombings
Re: Nigeria Bombings: Dont Blackmail Me – Babangida by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 03, 2011
Tippy Top:

Though its not impossible, I doubt if IBB had anything to do with it.
On the other hand the bomb had "ATIKU" emblazoned on it.
do ur analysis again,its IBB not ATIKU thats the real reason he lost the northern consensus candidacy to ATIKU because ciroma and his cliq know very well he will be a arrested and maybe jailed if finally investigation is carries out because he will surely be implicated

(1) (Reply)

Cpc Crisis: Buhari,ahamba Parted Ways / Bible Will Save Ndi Igbo? Igbo Land Is Israel? / Nigerian Mother Jailed In the Uk For Sending Son To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.