Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

2018 Chevy Silverado Stock Horn/train Horn Possible Wiring Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2018 Chevy Silverado Stock Horn/train Horn Possible Wiring Issue (993 Views)

The New Chevy Silverado EV / US: Thieves Steal 124 Wheels From 34 Chevy Cars Worth $120,000 In A Single Night / 5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2018 Chevy Silverado Stock Horn/train Horn Possible Wiring Issue by farukhcasy2: 6:51am On Apr 09, 2020
I wanted to be able to switch off the train horn installed in my truck and use the steering wheel for the stock horn or the train horn. I installed a latching switch and am switching the ground to the train horn solenoid. The positive wire going to the solenoid is spliced into the wire right where it feeds into the stock horn. So now both horns go off when switch is on, only stock horn goes off when switch is off. My question is.. will the solenoid on the train horn be a problem for the circuit and overload it blowing the fuse? The stock horn has a 15 amp fuse. The train horn recommends a 5 amp fuse but currently is just running off the same fuse as the stock horn as mentioned. Is this ok to leave it this way? Any possible issues? What is the correct way to do it if so? Thanks in advance for any help!

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Smart Key Programming / CAR Racing Issue(it has been done) / Mdxers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.