Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Coronavirus: How To Stay Productive When You Work From Home - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coronavirus: How To Stay Productive When You Work From Home (171 Views)

As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... / Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? / Coronavirus: How To Work From Home With Poor Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How To Stay Productive When You Work From Home by Pricelessfina(f): 11:04am On Apr 09, 2020
With the recent outbreak of coronavirus, a lot of us now spend more time in our homes even on workdays trying to stay sane. Almost all companies are shut down mandating their employees to work from home to curtail the spread of the virus. So, you wake up every morning and instead of reporting to your office, you find yourself on your couch dressed in your pajamas and busy with your laptop trying to reply to an email from your boss – with or without corona, work still has to go on.

The output has to be the same but the environment is not. And it is not always a smooth transition.

The truth is that working from home is not as rosy as it sounds. For those of you doing a 9-5 job, there was a time you envied freelancers like us that just sit at home, do our work and earn. Well, now that coronavirus decided to deal with humans and you have no option but to work from home, do you realize that in as much as working from home seems great, it can also be a productivity nightmare?

I tell my friends this a lot,

“Working from home is not as cool as it sounds. It takes a lot of discipline to sit your ass down and get some work done. Without discipline, you will end up not achieving anything for the day aside from goofing around on social media, eating, and sleeping”.

Though working from home has its perks. At least, you get to wear whatever you feel like or even stay naked if you want, you can decide to work anywhere and anytime you feel like – do things at your discretion. No boss is breathing down your neck, after all.

But despite all these, the question would be, how will you be able to manage your time and be productive while at home? Whether this is your first time working from home or you need a quick reminder, this post is for you. So, until the spread of coronavirus is curtailed, below are some of the tips to help you be more efficient while working from home;

Avoid working in bed
Well, I will be honest with you – I do not always follow this rule. There are some days I wake up and the first thing I do is grab my laptop from the table and start writing. Most times, I do not stand up until maybe late in the evening. But I can tell you one thing – I am hardly productive any day I work in bed. Most times, I end up sleeping or scrolling through my social media feeds throughout the day.

If you want to be productive, get up every morning, freshen up, and get dressed just like any other day.

Read other tips here ..... https://annsbleedingpen.com/blog/coronavirus-how-to-stay-productive-when-you-work-from-home/

(1) (Reply)

Interview Day Prep And Guidelines; The Do And Don't / Jobanchor | Zonal Marketing Executive Needed At Airtel Limited / The Cheapest Way Of Shipping Goods From The UK & USA To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.