Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? (894 Views)

Emeka Ike Reveals Why Nollywood Cannot Donate N3.5million For Actor Bruno / Nollywood Gets Another N2b Fund From Goodluck Jonathan / Prophet Chris - Knows Why Nollywood Actors Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2011
Ko ye mi o. . . . I've given up on Nollywood and its crappy movies. \

Why do we like to repeat crap? angry
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by InkedNerd(f): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2011
Oya, welcome to the club. I gave up a long time ago. I got tired of the bad acting, bad clothes, bad make up, and bad quality. Every once in a while I see a move of excellent quality and I smile.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2011
I gave up a few yrs back. . . I'm an old member.
But each full moon, I decide on giving them another chance.
But still, the same crap! angry
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by InkedNerd(f): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I gave up a few yrs back. . . I'm an old member.
But each full moon, I decide on giving them another chance.
But still, the same crap! angry

Lmao, you sound like a mother who's just been disappointed by their child.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by meyri: 9:07am On Jan 03, 2011
There are still good movies but it just here and there. It the horrible one that give the whole Nollywood a bad rap.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 03, 2011
Majid Michel is the only thing holding me back. grin
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by ifyalways(f): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2011
meyri:

There are still good movies but it just here and there. It the horrible one that give the whole Nollywood a bad rap.
+1000
I hardly bother myself with movies with most of this new generation okirika actors and actresses.waste of time.
@Topic,Nollywood still makes good movies.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by MissyB3(f): 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
Like Hollywood, Nollywood makes good and bad movies. I'm still a great fan. kiss kiss
I went to bed 2:45am 'last night' because of a Nollywood movie - Bursting Out. It's kiss kiss kiss
We still have good movies around. Just know how to select.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by InkedNerd(f): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
ifyalways:

+1000
I hardly bother myself with movies with most of this new generation okirika actors and actresses.waste of time.
@Topic,Nollywood still makes good movies.

lmao @ okirika actors and actresses grin
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2011
@OP
since people are buying these crap movies regardless, the directors etc have no reason to change because they are making money (which is their only concern)
the day people stop buying crap and DEMAND for quality movies, is the day the fake directors will gradually step away and only the die hard true ARTISTS will remain.

i still watch Nollywood flicks but, within 30mins of any movie, i know if i have to continue or just skip through.
most are far too long, not well put together, boring/repeated storyline, bad lighting, bad camera work, bad sound and the list goes on!

Nollywood has great actors but unfortunately because they have to chop, they accept any script and end up featuring in garbage flicks.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by MaJBlige(f): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
Even the entire Hollywood project reeks of bad movies, yet, noone has come up to say they have dumped the entire Hollywood movies.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 04, 2011
You guyses are being mean undecided i dont mind the music being too loud to hear the actors, nor do i mind
the obvious change in day time with each shot! angry stop hating o!
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
Since people are buying these crap movies regardless, the directors etc have no reason to change because they are making money (which is their only concern).

Nollywood thrives on QUANTITY and not QUALITY. I was once synonymous to Nollywood; I used to "promote" and "market" Nigerian movies to my friends and family. I even tried to "convert" people over to Nollywood; I succeeded with some (well. . . . . .apart from my sister who clearly despises Nollywood to her bone-marrow), but most of them just "backslid" after seeing nothing worth watching. I haven't given up though; am always "hanging in there" hoping that things will improve. I wish the directors/editors/scriptwriters/actors/actresses knew how much goodwill they are squandering.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2011
Nollywood is entertaining, no matter how crappy most of their movies are grin
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by san26dy(f): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2011
I am sorry, I have no time to waste watching nollywood movies. Gone are the days when good videos were produced. These days they are so bad I could spit. angry angry
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by MaJBlige(f): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^^

You have no time doesnt mean they are crappy.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by denzel2009: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
If I can't get a good night sleep,Nollywood comes in handy;After few minutes of watching,I sleep like a baby.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by san26dy(f): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

You have no time doesnt mean they are crappy.

You are joking right? seriously, you call those movies? undecided undecided
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by InkedNerd(f): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2011
san26dy:

You are joking right? seriously, you call those movies?  undecided undecided

lol grin. I wouldn't be surprised if some film schools here in the US use Nigerian movies as an example of what not to do when making a movie grin.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by MissyB3(f): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
san26dy:

You are joking right? seriously, you call those movies?  undecided undecided
Yes, they are called MOVIES. If you've been viewing only bad ones, you probably do not know how to pick right. Like every other film industry, Nollywood makes good and bad movies. That you are not a fan doesn't automatically make the industry crap.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Atreides(f): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
Some are good,some are bad. Okay,who are we kidding? MOST are bad-crappy storylines,terrible audio/soundtracks that tell you the story of the film,crappy costumes/make-up,hORRIBLe actors/actresses,no continuity,mediocre everything etc. . But every once in a while,you watch a movie that gives you hope-you jus have to know how to select them. For now,every movie Nse Ikpe-Etim acts in gets a pass mark in my book.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by hackney(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
Im not really into them films,however when i think an actress is hot (martha ankomah, mercy jonson, jackie, nadia, chika ike etc)
i "youtube" them and watch them sashay up and down for a bit.
that's it.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by MaJBlige(f): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Monkey.
Re: Can We Discuss Why Nollywood Gets Crappier Each Year? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
I LOVE Nollywood movies. Simply because each one is different from the other and the plots are not like those in other movies. American/Western movies have quality but the overall plots/storylines suck arse. You'll get two vampire movies in ONE year, the stereotypical black movie (Tyler Perry which I enjoy but is getting redundant), the action films that are too focused on the action scenes and less on the actual story, the "scary movie" that is hardly scary but unnecessarily gory; etc. resulting in the decline of "movie goers" (theatre) here in the states. I think Nollywood even with it's flaws is on the right path. The worst thing ANY Nigerian can do is turn a blinds eye to Nollywood as a whole just because of "production" as the morals/plots/story lines are really what makes a movie. . .a movie.  smiley

(1) (Reply)

Caroline Danjuma, Kefee, Ay And Uche Jombo On New Year Resolutions. / 2011 Bet Awards Celebrities / Royal Wdding Captives The Tiny Nation Of Bhutan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.