Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ) (3231 Views)

Rx 330 And Rx 350 Forsale / See The Remarkable 2020 Lexus RX 450h / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 03-08 And Honda Pilot 03-06 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

) by Jaystye34: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
V
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:
I have 2.5m-3m. RAV4 07-08 and rx 330 04-05.. which is the best car to go for for tokunbo.. your comment is needed

RX and it's not even close.
Re: ) by maynation(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

RX and it's not even close.

How much is Rx biko?
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

How much is Rx biko?

You can get one for 3m.
Re: ) by maynation(f): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You can get one for 3m.

But OP said he has 2.5 to 3M na.
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

But OP said he has 2.5 to 3M na.

And?

3 Likes

Re: ) by Jaystye34: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Are you saying rx is better pls I’m also concern about the ruggedity because of bad road
Re: ) by maynation(f): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

And?

I guess I misinterpreted your first comment when you said it isn't close.
I thought you were saying his budgeted price isn't close to RX's price.
You get?
Re: ) by maynation(f): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:
Are you saying rx is better pls I’m also concern about the ruggedity because of bad road
RAV4 is your best shot considering Nigeria's bad road.
That is my honest opinion.
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:

maynation:

I guess I misinterpreted your first comment when you said it isn't close.
I thought you were saying his budgeted price isn't close to RX's price.
You get?

The RX330 is a much better car. I'm not sure what metric you use to judge "ruggedity" but the Lexus RX isn't even in the same segment as the Rav4.

3 Likes

Re: ) by kernniejay(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Op, check out this lovely RX330 by KINGreignn, you will love it. https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005/3#88246463
cc: KINGreignn where are you, we need your attention here.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
kernniejay:
Op, check out this lovely RX330 by KINGreignn, you will love it.
https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005/3#88246463

cc: KINGreignn where are you, we need your attention here.

I'm here sir! smiley
Re: ) by kernniejay(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

I'm here sir! smiley
Nice to have you sir. Op needs RX 330, you can take it up from this point.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
kernniejay:

Nice to have you sir. Op needs RX 330, you can take it up from this point.

Oh thanks for the referral. I'm grateful. Will do as you said.

1 Like

Re: ) by KINGreignn: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:
I have 2.5m-3m. RAV4 07-08 and rx 330 04-05.. which is the best car to go for for tokunbo.. your comment is needed

Do an RX330. It's a very reliable and comfortable vehicle. It's considerate on fuel economy and has decent power. It's most common issues are dashboard cracks, catalytic failure, Oxygen sensor failure. Asides these, you've got no issues to worry about especially when you practice proper maintenance on it. I could easily go on and on and on about that vehicle because I've owned one and driven it so I know what's what about it.

3m is enough to get you a base model with decent mileage and decent history. But you may need to up your budget a bit to get the full spec units which are actually hard to come by.
Whatsoever you're doing, do not buy a flood salvaged or accident salvaged vehicles which had deployed airbags or damaged chassis.

By the way, my own person Lexus RX330 is up for sale at a reasonable price. It has been well maintained and will still go strong and smooth if the new owner will stick to same maintenance schedules I put into it.
If you're interested in it, you can check my profile and feed your eyes.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: ) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:

How people spend 3m on that nonsense SUV wannabe with interior filled with cheap plastics is beyond me.

Every time I've had the misfortune of being in that vehicle, I've felt nothing but pity for the owner.

Better get the Rx and enjoy your money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ) by maynation(f): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The RX330 is a much better car. I'm not sure what metric you use to judge "ruggedity" but the Lexus RX isn't even in the same segment as the Rav4.

I didn't dispute the boldened, apparently RX330 is obviously better. But most luxury cars can't really withstand our bad roads here in Nigeria. Besides, I heard RX always has gearbox issues.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

I didn't dispute the boldened, apparent RX330 is obviously better. But most luxury can't really withstand our bad roads here in Nigeria. Besides, I heard RX always has gearbox issues.

What you heard is fallacy, the assertions that most luxury can't withstand our terrains are unfounded. I'm talking from experience
Re: ) by maynation(f): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
rationalmind:

How people spend 3m on that nonsense SUV wannabe with interior filled with cheap plastics is beyond me.

Every time I've had the misfortune of being in that vehicle, I've felt nothing but pity for the owner.

Better get the Rx and enjoy your money.
Imagine! What an annoying thing to say.
How could you call a #3M car nonsense?
Isn't Lexus the luxury brand of Toyota? Were you expecting the same interior designs and contents?
Re: ) by maynation(f): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

What you heard is fallacy, the assertions that most luxury can't withstand our terrains are unfounded. I'm talking from experience
I won't dispute that, most claims are unfounded and are just from one or two persons who have had the experience. It all depends on the experience the people around you have. Since yours is a personal experience then I have no reason to dispute it..

But what would you say about the gearbox wahala? I hope it isn't true either?

1 Like

Re: ) by searchng4love: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

Observing from inside my W210 E klasse
Re: ) by searchng4love: 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

Isn't Lexus the luxury brand of Toyota? Were you expecting the same interior designs and contents?
He was referring to the RAV4 ... That car looks like, drives like nonsense. And freaking expensive. Value for money is not commensurate

4 Likes

Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

He was referring to the RAV4 ... That car looks like, drives like nonsense. And freaking expensive. Value for money is not commensurate
He specifically laid emphasis on the interior.
I just was wondering how he expected Rav4 and Rx to be of the same quality interior wise.
And then who judges a car by just its interior?
Re: ) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: ) by searchng4love: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

He specifically laid emphasis on the interior.
I just was wondering how he expected Rav4 and Rx to be of the same quality interior wise.
And then who judges a car by just its interior?
The RAV4 is crazily expensive. That maybe his reason for the outburst

1 Like

Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

The RAV4 is crazily expensive. That maybe his reason for the outburst

Okay o. Not still nice anyways.

1 Like

Re: ) by KINGreignn: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

I won't dispute that, most claims are unfounded and are just from one or two persons who have had the experience. It all depends on the experience the people around you have. Since yours is a personal experience then I have no reason to dispute it..

6years of faithful loyal service to me without a failed transmission. So, it's false.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

6years of faithful loyal service to me without a failed transmission. So, it's false.

Wow. That's good thing to hear.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: ) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

So if we are to expect the RX interior to be better and for it to have better contents, why will anyone spend 3m on a RAV4 when he can get an RX with the same money.

Like someone else mentioned, A 2007 RAV4 at 3m does not present value for money. There are a lot of better cars one can get for that price.

1 Like

Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
rationalmind:

So if we are to expect the RX interior to be better and for it to have better contents, why will anyone spend 3m on a RAV4 when he can get an RX with the same money.

Like someone else mentioned, A 2007 RAV4 at 3m does not present value for money. There are a lot of better cars one can get for that price.

Lexus remains a luxury brand and as such a lot is expected.
@The boldened.
It all boils down to choices, no need calling people's personal preferences 'nonsense' because they share different taste from you.

3 Likes

Re: ) by 9icetoo(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

The transmission on the rx330 is sturdy.
I've got a lot of friends who use it and have nothing but praise for it. The only person I know who had issues with was bacuase of an engine overheat which he caused by himself by not closing his coolant cover.
Gasket was replaced and car is back on the road.

As per being rugged. It's not a land cruiser and neither is it a hilux but it will get you out of some pretty tough situations if equipped with awd.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
9icetoo:

The transmission on the rx330 is sturdy.
I've got a lot of friends who use it and have nothing but praise for it. The only person I know who had issues with was bacuase of an engine overheat which he caused by himself by not closing his coolant cover.
Gasket was replaced and car is back on the road.

As per being rugged. It's not a land cruiser and neither is it a hilux but it will get you out of some pretty tough situations if equipped with awd.

I am actually here to learn.

Thanks a lot for this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Can Old Members Vouch For This Guy? / My 1999 Camry Consumes Lots Of Fuel And Rpm Fluctuates / You Have A Car For Sale Or Want To Buy From Someone , Come In..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.