Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know (4126 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerians Keep Koboko On The Dashboard Of Their Car? / The Fear Of V6 And V8 Engine / Conversion Of V6 To 4cylinder EOD Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
This is funny but if you get to know the truth about this v6 car, you will prefer v6 to four, spend less, worry less and achieve more..follow this link and know the advantages of V6 over four cylinders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbIykPdWjAs all you need to know about V6 and four cylinders..
conclusive statement is not here for a second shot

V6 engine is better off 4 cylinders... In lot ways, bad mechanics advice will make you hate it with passion

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by fernandoc(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
E Dey drink fuel like where ijaw man Dey drink kai kai

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by cluewebhost(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Because they mostly want to buy cars but don't want to buy fuel.

Even spending on maintenance na wahala

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Franzinni: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
I love them

I once had a v6 and a v8

Raw undiluted power !!! So much horses.

And the engine sounds like a slice of heaven ..
That yeah after I pay for lekki toll gate .. I match am!

Bye bye!

Nah fake news make people dey run for am and trial by error mechanic.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Nbotee(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
Where Nigerians wan run go with v6 and v8 engines? With the number of bad roads and fuel economy considerations U somehow expect Nigerians to consider a v6 vehicle over their usual 4 cylinders?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by legacystore: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Bc fuel is 161 per liter n minimum wage 19800

I bought 2k fuel yesterday n I nearly shouted ole when the pump attendant stopped at 12.5l only for me to remember that fuel is now 160 angry

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by foxxydude: 6:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Mechanics are the ones scaring people from v6 cars grin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by CelestialSmash: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
OLADDD:
cheesy

Real men go for v6.....

V12.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
V6, V8, V12 offers better performance
A little bit more fuel consumption is experienced in these cars
But fuel consumption basically is controlled by the way we drive, the condition of the car, high way drive Vs inside city drive, and a whole lot more.....

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2020
cluewebhost:
Because they mostly want to buy cars but don't want to buy fuel.

Even spending on maintenance na wahala
But in my technical analysis if the electronics is fine the difference is insignificant

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:41am On Oct 28, 2020
donkilidon:
V6, V8, V12 offers better performance
A little bit more fuel consumption is experienced in these cars
But fuel consumption basically is controlled by the way we drive, the condition of the car, high way drive Vs inside city drive, and a whole lot more.....
that's truth but aside our driving habits components controls more of how much fuel our car takes.. Quality fuel matters too.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:43am On Oct 28, 2020
foxxydude:
Mechanics are the ones scaring people from v6 cars grin
You are right
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2020
Nbotee:
Where Nigerians wan run go with v6 and v8 engines? With the number of bad roads and fuel economy considerations U somehow expect Nigerians to consider a v6 vehicle over their usual 4 cylinders?
you mean they should drive bicycle abi?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Nbotee(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2020
mrcoolautofix:
you mean they should drive bicycle abi?

In these parts, majority would consider fuel economy first and den maintenance costs next before performance and speed.. We no dey run go anywhere

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by cluewebhost(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2020
mrcoolautofix:

But in my technical analysis if the electronics is fine the difference is insignificant

Honestly not much difference.

I use a 6 cylinder I'm not bankrupt or dead yet.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2020
mrcoolautofix:
that's truth but aside our driving habits components controls more of how much fuel our car takes.. Quality fuel matters too.

Very true bro
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by xtervaganza(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2020
When you drive v6 you just prefer it honestly

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2020
xtervaganza:
When you drive v6 you just prefer it honestly
One expirience who'll change your paspective and it last longer than four cylinders

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2020
cluewebhost:

Honestly not much difference.

I use a 6 cylinder I'm not bankrupt or dead yet.
so the why are most Nigerian V6 phobic?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by king406(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
There are also v6 cars that are actually have better or just about the same fuel economy as a 4cyl

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
king406:
There are also v6 cars that are actually have better or just about the same fuel economy as a 4cyl

How's our 37?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by king406(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

How's our 37?
doing fine. It needs a wheel bearing replaced

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Foolishbuhari: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
king406:

Very true! Case study 09-012 C300
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
king406:
doing fine. It needs a wheel bearing replaced
Ok, chief.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by kunki90(m): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Mostly because v6 are more cumbersome to repair than the i4s. The entire engine bay area is full with little to no space: this directly translates to high cost of repair for V6 engines. Consider a case of removing the spark plugs, for an i4 it ABC job but for a V6 to get where the plugs are is real work...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by smartistics(m): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
This is the best technical answer, rest are just not the real reasons.
kunki90:
Mostly because v6 are more cumbersome to repair than the i4s. The entire engine bay area is full with little to no space: this directly translates to high cost of repair for V6 engines. Consider a case of removing the spark plugs, for an i4 it ABC job but for a V6 to get where the plugs are is real work...
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by smartistics(m): 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
Recent cars with V6 engines fuel injection are electronically configured with sensors parameters. If your car sensors are good enough then your driving habit is what you should check for better fuel consumption. V6 means more power
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by greatbrian(m): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
An average Nigerian doesn't even read they believe in what others say and place their judgment on that. Ask any bike man Toyota or Honda he will scream Toyota even without knowing anything about the two cars.

An average Nigerian is too lazy to discern for himself

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by greatbrian(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
CelestialSmash:

V12.

W12 you mean
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by David50: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
My last car was a GS300 i6 Lexus

I currently drive a camry v6.2009.

I can honestly say I get better fuel economy than most of my friends with 4 cylinders. And the driving power is unimaginable especially when travelling.

From popular comments it is true that working on V6 engines is alot more painstaking than 4 cylinders due to compactness of the engine bay. But trust me, if u maintain ur car well, you will rarely have to go around the engine for much... and when you do it is one-off for a prolonged period of time.
V6 engines are lot quiter and last a lot longer. Even at 300,000km on the odometer, a v6 engine will still maintain that clean smooth sound compared to the 4 cylinder.

Anyone gunning for this has my blessing. You wont regret it. Fuel will be the last thing you'll think about. And when others are talking about their engines wearing out, you'll laugh because yours is just getting warmed up.
Only embibe basic meticulous care, and you'll be fine

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:02am On Oct 30, 2020
greatbrian:

W12 you mean

I said V12. V12 is two i6's, W12 is two Vr6. Only VAG uses a W12.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Resolved: Honda Baby Boy Gear Problem / Which Should I Go For? 206 Or 406 / Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.