Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Sex On Good Friday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex On Good Friday (43581 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex On Good Friday by ehmmy11(m): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
LewsTherin:

Why is it so?
he can never give you an answer based on the Bible... Catholics only do as they are told
Re: Sex On Good Friday by kayuseful: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Shouldn't your friend have been the one to provide Bible reference?
Help me ask op o
Re: Sex On Good Friday by obyno55(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2020
Yes.and I want to ask ooh,is Good Friday in the Bible? do we have anything related to Easter celebration in the Bible? the answer is No.thabks to the Roman empires who did it in honor of their gods and goddesses and called it Christianity.The feast and celebrations of the most high God is clearly stated in the Bible severally.the feast of Passover,feast of terbancle,feast of Pentecost and the weekly sabbath day which is on Saturday.i don’t want to start giving Bible quotations because it’s many.meanwhile happy on-going feast of Passover, tomorrow is holy convocation being sabbath day and feast of Passover as well.
Ishilove:

Ask her to provide scriptural references
Re: Sex On Good Friday by likemoney: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2020
pls help a brother in need may GOD ALMIGHTY VISIT U IN TIME OF NEED a/c no 0212366939, GTBANK, I.U thank u
Re: Sex On Good Friday by bunnae(f): 11:06am On Apr 10, 2020
FREEMADNESS:

wanted to make a point on dis trend but u said it all.

doctrines is wat is guarding every religion.

if u are not a Catholic jus pass rather than spill trash.

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY
I think there is a conflict between church doctrines and the word of God. Christians are so divided on doctrines, often neglecting what the Bible says to follow their own doctrines. I ask myself constantly, are Christians really one all over the world?
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 10, 2020
Nigerian's would want to turn every feast period to SEX maniach. Christmas they sex. New year they sex. Val day okokoko.

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by LewsTherin: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2020
ezugegere:

What?

Why is it a day of fasting and abstinence?
Re: Sex On Good Friday by yesloaded: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2020
mosesbola:
I was having a conversation with a friend and she said it is forbidden to have sex with your husband (Legally married husband oo) on Good Friday..

What's your say guys

Biblical reference will be much appreciated ��
Despite many problem we are having in this country
Re: Sex On Good Friday by obyno55(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2020
First we need to know if Good Friday is in the Bible .and I want to ask ooh,is Good Friday in the Bible? do we have anything related to Easter celebration in the Bible? the answer is No.thanks to the Roman empires who did it in honor of their gods and goddesses and called it Christianity.The feast and celebrations of the most high God is clearly stated in the Bible severally.the feast of Passover,feast of terbancle,feast of Pentecost and the weekly sabbath day which is on Saturday.i don’t want to start giving Bible quotations because it’s many.meanwhile happy on-going feast of Passover, tomorrow is holy convocation being sabbath day and feast of Passover as well.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by gabicon: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2020
mosesbola:
I was having a conversation with a friend and she said it is forbidden to have sex with your husband (Legally married husband oo) on Good Friday..

What's your say guys

We have the liberty to do whatever we choose, but not everything we choose is expected of us. It's not a sin to have sex on good Friday, however the significance of the day is the death and suffering of our Lord in other to procure salvation to the world. Based on the significance of the day we ought to go into sober reflection of what has been done for us, it's kind of difficult to sober reflect in enjoyment and luxury. One of such enjoyment is sex.

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by flyinnizam(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2020
mosesbola:

What's your say guys

I won't waste my time on this...even if I use bible reference on anything concerning sex..haven't ppl been having pre-marital sex knowing it is a sin. including u before u got married or will get married.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by mathy2p2: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2020
Not just only catholic, abstain from anything that give pleasure. Sex is not part of eat for people that are legally married not olosho people osho free.

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by GindoX(m): 11:11am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluwapluto:
Mumu people grin

Them mumu no bẹ small
Re: Sex On Good Friday by bong4(m): 11:12am On Apr 10, 2020
mosesbola:

What's your say guys

Some people will still not have sense after this corona era.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Myer(m): 11:12am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluromantic:
The primitivity of Nigeria is enough to lock Nigeria down at one spot forever.. Haba!

Eating meat on good Friday is a taboo

Sex with your pregnant wife taboo

Trying other positions apart from missionary..taboo

A girl being the first to walk up to a guy...taboo.

Calling your boyfriend and telling him u miss him..taboo

Sex in the afternoon, in the car, in the kitchen..taboo

Separating two fighting fowls... taboo

Drink the nourishing water inside coconut..taboo

Helping your wife to wash her underwears, do her laundry, and chores... taboo

Standing your ground against unnecessary in-law assaults..taboo

Eating good food to nourish yourself after the trauma of sudden widowhood...taboo

Expressing psychological pain not as weakness for men...taboo

Confront a wicked elder whose wickedness is glaring.. taboo

Una no dey tire?

Enough said, nothing needs to be added to this.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by leodegreat: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2020
ezugegere:

What?
Because Catholic believe that we ought to sacrifice a little too to save our souls, if God who is Almighty chose the way of suffering and death to save us all, we too have to give up something for what lies ahead. It is a way of reminding us that we need to mortify ourselves too. So this day Christ died for us, is called holy day. For Catholics, no work is done today, those who are strong are obliged to fast from food, from drinks or abstain from things that gives pleasure too. Like sex. It is a way of joining Jesus in suffering. That is what we celebrate. Good Friday.

As for those who say that your partner might be Hot. Get this, man is not a lower animals unblessed with reason. Here self control comes in. After all it is not always the time you are Hot that you have sex. So you can decide to abstain from sex today as a way of Penance for your sins. It is called mortification, depriving yourself certain things for the sake of Christ.

Happy Good Friday.

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by leodegreat: 11:16am On Apr 10, 2020
Because Catholic believe that we ought to sacrifice a little too to save our souls, if God who is Almighty chose the way of suffering and death to save us all, we too have to give up something for what lies ahead. It is a way of reminding us that we need to mortify ourselves too. So this day Christ died for us, is called holy day. For Catholics, no work is done today, those who are strong are obliged to fast from food, from drinks or abstain from things that gives pleasure too. Like sex. It is a way of joining Jesus in suffering. That is what we celebrate. Good Friday.

As for those who say that your partner might be Hot. Get this, man is not a lower animals unblessed with reason. Here self control comes in. After all it is not always the time you are Hot that you have sex. So you can decide to abstain from sex today as a way of Penance for your sins. It is called mortification, depriving yourself certain things for the sake of Christ.

Happy Good Friday

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by yoursidenigga(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2020
This same Good Friday that is not celebrated on the same day yearly? Remind her that Good Friday last year was on the 19th of April. Does it mean that anyone that had sex on the 10th of April last year has offended God?

And moreover, it is NOT A SIN if it is done with someone's legally married wife. And yes, I am not also among those that see premarital sex as sin, but what do I even know?
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2020
This should be a No NO!

#FASTING yes
#PRAYERS yes
#MEDITATIONS yes
#SPIRITUAL CLEANSING is a must.

1 Like

Re: Sex On Good Friday by Gaskia: 11:19am On Apr 10, 2020
Joefat:

If sex can be a sin... Why the Bible said in book of Corinthians that, for not to be bla bla bla.. Let every man marry his own wife? Enlighten us sir

I appreciate your very mature tone and the enquiry.

Over indulgence or addictions like gluttony, drunkenness, and other excesses drain the human soul and prevent us from spiritual ascent. Even an uncontrollable love for money, fame, games, fashion, tribe, race, and any other stuff that can hold us back are sins. Anything that we cannot have self control over is like a god to us because your god is actually that which controls you and which you are ready to do anything for.

Just like food and drink, sex is a noble gift of nature to man but it is wrong to elevate it to the extent that it controls us.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by MrSly(m): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2020
ezugegere:
Good Friday is a day of fasting and abstinence for Catholics between the ages of 14 and 60. I'm not so sure of sex but I know Catholics are to abstain from meat and anything they enjoy most on this day. It is a day of sober reflection. If you're not a Catholic, don't put mouth in what you don't understand.
God bless you abundantly.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by FREEMADNESS: 11:22am On Apr 10, 2020
bunnae:

I think there is a conflict between church doctrines and the word of God. Christians are so divided on doctrines, often neglecting what the Bible says to follow their own doctrines. I ask myself constantly, are Christians really one all over the world?

I don't tink Christians see themselves as one.

u will hear sum nairalanders saying Catholic churches is an occult organization.
the Christmas we all are celebrating today is a day set aside to mark d birth of Christ by Catholics, new year, Easter, bible all are written/set up by Catholics.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluromantic:
The primitivity of Nigeria is enough to lock Nigeria down at one spot forever.. Haba!

Eating good food to nourish yourself after the trauma of sudden widowhood...taboo

Una no dey tire?

Why do you think they call it the missionary position?
All other positions were deemed immoral
Imagine if naija had been able to resist British missionaries like the Indians. Maybe we have our own kama sutra lost those prudes
Re: Sex On Good Friday by 1daboi: 11:23am On Apr 10, 2020
Onyekachi419:
What a good feeling grin
so you no go Bleep today?
Re: Sex On Good Friday by surequality: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2020
Na wao! Sex on good friday with married couples is sin? Where is it written in the scripture?
My people perish for lack of knowledge! ( Husea 4:6)
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Ishilove: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2020
ornicus:

Why do you think they call it the missionary position?
All other positions were deemed immoral
Imagine if naija had been able to resist British missionaries like the Indians. Maybe we have our own kama sutra lost those prudes
Are you insinuating our ancestors during pre-colonial times practiced snake-in-the-monkey-shadow style, helicopter style, prone bone style, slamming doggy style etc? shocked
Re: Sex On Good Friday by RemoveKebab: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluromantic:

Una no dey tire?
listing all this down is a taboo grin
Re: Sex On Good Friday by bukhety(f): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluromantic:

Una no dey tire?
i wish i can like your comment a thousand times.
Re: Sex On Good Friday by VIRGINlabia(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2020
Me that's warmly up to hammer one female banker friend around 4pm today...........talkless of couples wey dey legit
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Fisher007: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2020
All you stated below is so true .
Nigerians are so limited. They live a life full of limits. You have to opt out personally so that you can be limitless.

Me I dey eat meat today, I go drink wine later this afternoon before I go call my aunty or smalie sare-wagba in my area to come on collect or submit herself. It is a normal Friday to me . simple

If you vex hug transformer.

Oluromantic:

Una no dey tire?
Re: Sex On Good Friday by Convid80(m): 11:40am On Apr 10, 2020
Oluromantic:

Una no dey tire?

Sorry to say this.

It's almost a taboo being a Nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chima Ikwunado: Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Mini Estate Apartment To Wife / My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today / How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.