Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

John Obi Mikel Confirms Botafogo Interest - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Confirms Botafogo Interest (355 Views)

Middlesbrough Signs John Obi Mikel On A Free Transfer (Photos) / Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Confirms Botafogo Interest by Kaassh(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has confirmed that he is in talks with Brazilian club Botafogo about a possible move to the Rio de Janeiro club.

A decision is expected to be reached between the club and player after an end to the coronavirus pandemic. Botafogo picked interest in the former Chelsea midfielder last month after aborting a pursuit of former Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure.

It is claimed that the club has made an offer of 18 months to the player worth $2m.

The former Chelsea midfielder has confirmed that he is speaking with the Brazilian club with a view to joining them in the summer.

“Yes, there has been an interest and yes there have been negotiations,” the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner told ESPN.

“But I don’t know yet. I am still thinking about it, not sure yet.”

Mikel last featured for Turkish side Trabzonspor after his contract was mutually terminated after voicing his disagreement with Turkish football authorities over playing football amidst the coronavirus outbreak.

Botafogo has already made one marquee signing this year, with Japanese playmaker Keisuke Honda joining on a free transfer in January.

Brazil’s major football competitions have been suspended since mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

SOURCE: goal.com
Re: John Obi Mikel Confirms Botafogo Interest by athaboi(f): 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oga no won play football again

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Season To Be Completed In Seven Weeks Behind Closed Doors / Five Things You May Not Know About Sergio Ramos / Bundesliga Restart Blow As Dresden Squad Placed In 14-day Quarantine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.