Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Every Country On Earth Should Have One Currency In 2020 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Every Country On Earth Should Have One Currency In 2020 (239 Views)

Most Common Dreams & Nightmares In Every Country (Photos) / You Need To See How Train Should Be Functioning In Every Country Uk Train / 'Darkest City On Earth' Where The Sun Doesn't Rise For 40 Days (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Every Country On Earth Should Have One Currency In 2020 by alhajidembele: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
With the current erratic nature of the naira it has put so many nigerians at a disadvantage. When ₦100 note came out in 1999 it was the highest denomination back then

That time ₦100 used to go for $1 dolar. Some senior friends have told me tales of how their parents paid their house rents and school fees combined with ₦50 (naira was stronger than dollar)

Just the other day I wanted to purchase something online which cost a mere $100. I had to settle for ₦39,100 exhange rate. Now I don't know if the fault was from paypal because that was my first & last time of using paypal to buy something online (for banning nigerians)

Neither do I know if the fault was born from the forex market and the erratic exchange rate which fluctuates every second. That asside lets say you want to go for an important operation abroad and doctor says bring $2777 is that how you will just die like that because you don't have ₦1 million?

I remember sometime between june and october 2016 or so $1 dollar started going for about ₦700. That is both in the black market and in banks. Three weeks before this it was only ₦160 naira to $1 dollar. How can naira be valued at ₦160 to the dollar today and then over night it values slide?

Those that knew this announcement was going to take place must have gained from both sides. It was that day I said to myself that this currency of a thing is just an illusion. Currency na scam! It is not a real thing

It can have official and unoffficial rate (like during sani abacha's time). Ghana's cedis used to be worthless before they removed two zeros from their currency

If you were working in a government owned company and you happened to retire in 2010 when the naira was still strong nobody will review or increase your salary

The pension of ₦100,000 they were paying then is still what they will be paying you in 2020. I have met such people live. I did not read about it anywhere else it would have been difficult for me to understand. You see currency na scam!

The naira has been losing value slowly and steadily over the years. One day we will wake up and they will announce ₦1000 naira is going for $1 dollar like they did in june 2016.

One continent has adopted this my strategy and that is europe. Most countries in europe use the euro (€) currency. So I think it will only be fair if every country on earth had the same currency before it is too late. Or at least every continent can have their own currency like Europe
Re: Every Country On Earth Should Have One Currency In 2020 by Elxandre(m): 1:46am On Nov 07, 2023
Was the naira really stronger than the dollar?
How much was minimum wage in Nigeria and America respectively.

(1) (Reply)

“10 Things The Power Of Resurrection Will Do For You”: T. M. Ogboye / True Situation Of Nairaland Forum / NSCDC Operative Shot Motorist To Death In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.