Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged (75184 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by zoe123: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2020
chatinent:
This agency should minus discharged persons and tell us the actually number of those who contracted the virus remaining; this statistics is complicating everything like it's never depleting.
Lol, same thing I just said
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Emmadgrt20(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2020
Covid-19 just rising like ijebu garri
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Neoteny7: 7:09am On Apr 10, 2020
chatinent:
This agency should minus discharged persons and tell us the actually number of those who contracted the virus remaining; this statistics is complicating everything like it's never depleting.

Total case load less discharged less deaths = total active cases.

Elementary arithmetic is so hard.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 10, 2020
chatinent:

They can not do that, you can do that yourself. We have to monitor the figures, know the stat and the rate of recovery.

2 Likes

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by egopersonified(f): 7:13am On Apr 10, 2020
As at last week, we have the capacity to test about 500 people per day. By the end of this week, we will be testing 1,000, by next week we plan to take it to about 1,500 per day.

This statement was made by the NCDC DG on the 31st of March. Let's assume they have moved from 500 to 1000 tests per day. If that is the case, the numbers of infected people ought to be twice the numbers recorded daily in March, but we are still getting practically the same figures even after tests have increased. It gives me hope.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by midevictory: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2020
Guys, Something is going on around the world, and its not the virus.. we are being lied to guys. Check #filmyourhospital on Twitter. We need confirmation in Nigeria.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Jarus(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
Those numbers wey una dey put there no dey shake us again! I'm really surprised that in all around my vicinity, no one has complained about this Corona virus of a thing or have died neither! I wonder where these people testing positive come from

Oga, I’m a Nairalander.

I arrived from the UK March 14. I went into 14 days isolation. I started feeling a little unwell.

I reported to NCDC/NIMR. I was invited for test.

Although I came out negative, there are people that were positive.

The person that died in Kwara was our neighbour in Kwara. His wife is currently in Ilorin isolation center.

Corona virus is real.

Here is my test invite, my testing picture and my test result

11 Likes

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by NairaMaster1(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2020
chatinent:

In epidemiology, the number remains as constantly confirmed.

Deaths, disabilities and total recoveries don't affect it.

That's why they call it TOTAL NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CASES.

It will help researchers, readers and health policy makers in doing the NEEDFUL.

If you want to know otherwise, you manipulate the figures yourself, using a simple calculator.

2 Likes

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Charmwilliams45(f): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2020
Wait o... y is it dat it’s only late night or early morning they collated d number of those wit d virus..this people r not telling me something.. they r all fraudsters
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2020
Audio virus NCDC abi CNCC abi na CNN pls back up your claim with pictures.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Amya(f): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Investnow2017:

The approach recommended is Test, Test, Test

Here are the test performances of a few countries as at 8th April:

US - 2,200,000
Russia - 910,000
Germany - 1,310,000
France - 220,000
Spain - 355,000
Nigeria - 5,000
Italy - 807,000
Brazil - 54,000
Vietnam - 110,000
UK - 282,000
S.Korea - 477,000
Australia - 310,000
UAE - 590,000
Canada - 348,000
Israel - 117,000
Turkey - 247,000
Belgium - 84,000
Switzerland - 171,000

Now compare Nigeria 5,000 tests against a population of 200m and see the percentage in relation to other countries above.

Are we doing enough tests? Even Niger Republic has done close to 5,000 tests! You can see them up above Nigeria in the table.

The US for example has 100s of international airports and when some of their citizens from other countries started returning home because of the epidemic, they all entered into their country via different states, some unknowingly with the virus already. So the virus started multiplying in several places at the same time. Unfortunately for the US, they didnt start massive testing till 2 weeks after the virus had spread to every nook and cranny. When they got serious about testing, people eligible for testing via their proximity to infected persons were already in the millions. As of today, 22 million people in California alone are eligible to be tested because of the contact they had with an infected person. So even the 2 million tests done already is even poor because their contact tracing yields 10s of million who are supposed to be tested.

Nigeria on the other hand only has Lagos and Abuja as the gate of Nigeria. After the Italian man tested positive, flights from countries with over a hundred people infected were stopped from coming into the country. The virus still sneaked into the country and when the lockdown started, people who had come into contact with infected persons were about 5 thousand people. It definitely have increased now but it won't be so much because of the lockdown.

It's clear that the transmission rate is very low in Africa generally for some reason. The guy who had corona and went to the AMVCA didnt transmit the virus to anyone there. Everyone who attended the show was asked to self isolate for 2 weeks. This is one month plus. If it were the US or Europe, a lot of people would have gotten it from that place.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by dennisworld1(m): 8:18am On Apr 10, 2020
tarantino1:

I swear our govt no dey transparent.

I heard it was diagnosed in a private hospital in warri, then he/she was tranaferred to Delsuth, Oghara.

Las las the lack of transparency from our govt is just terrible
i dey suspect am. All nah format
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by thegloor: 8:19am On Apr 10, 2020
DanHaske:
Just like the common cold (catarrh) has no cure, corona virus also will have no cure. People will recover just like they do from common cold. We just hope the scientists we are all waiting on find a vaccine for it just like for polio and small pox (all viruses)

Catarrh that procol abi wetin be the name dey cure
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by murmee: 8:26am On Apr 10, 2020
kikero:

Controversially, I think Nigeria should loosen restrictions. Since most people who catch COVID 19 will recover. The problem is, the weak and vulnerable who are prone to it. Even being fit and young does not mean one can't die.
So how many fit and young are among the 7 that died!
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by 2babas(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2020
Hope this lockdown is going to be extended for more few weeks because the numbers are increasing every day especially lagos.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 10, 2020
murmee:
So how many fit and young are among the 7 that died!

So far in Nigeria, the seven that died have had preexisting conditions (the first case was very interesting as he also had multiple myeloma, which in itself is a terminal illness)., and also included a significant number of old people.

However in a lot of other countries, a lot of young and fit people have died. So, the risk is still there. At the moment, we don't have a full idea of what predisposes people to die from covid 19.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by tarantino1: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2020
dennisworld1:
i dey suspect am. All nah format

After I do some research, I find out say details about the second Case dey very similar to the first one. Same location everything
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by jericco1(m): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2020
canDy4eva:

You got me lafin.....

It's well.

God is in control.

Sorry I never meant to

1 Like

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Investnow2017: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Amya:

The US for example has 100s of international airports and when some of their citizens from other countries started returning home because of the epidemic, they all entered into their country via different states, some unknowingly with the virus already. So the virus started multiplying in several places at the same time. Unfortunately for the US, they didnt start massive testing till 2 weeks after the virus had spread to every nook and cranny. When they got serious about testing, people eligible for testing via their proximity to infected persons were already in the millions. As of today, 22 million people in California alone are eligible to be tested because of the contact they had with an infected person. So even the 2 million tests done already is even poor because their contact tracing yields 10s of million who are supposed to be tested.

Nigeria on the other hand only has Lagos and Abuja as the gate of Nigeria. After the Italian man tested positive, flights from countries with over a hundred people infected were stopped from coming into the country. The virus still sneaked into the country and when the lockdown started, people who had come into contact with infected persons were about 5 thousand people. It definitely have increased now but it won't be so much because of the lockdown.

It's clear that the transmission rate is very low in Africa generally for some reason. The guy who had corona and went to the AMVCA didnt transmit the virus to anyone there. Everyone who attended the show was asked to self isolate for 2 weeks. This is one month plus. If it were the US or Europe, a lot of people would have gotten it from that place.

Even then, that is not to say we shouldn't increase the pace of our testing, though.

Your observation is recognized. But you ignored the land borders of which Nigeria is as you know very porous cheesy
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by khaffi2(f): 8:58am On Apr 10, 2020
Jarus:

Oga, I’m a Nairalander.

I arrived from the UK March 14. I went into 14 days isolation. I started feeling a little unwell.

The person that died in Kwara was our neighbour in Kwara. His wife is currently in Ilorin isolation center.

Corona virus is real.

Omo ilu mi. Thank God for your life smiley Keep staying safe brother
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Passionate1(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2020
[img][/img]

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Passionate1(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2020
[img][/img]

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Passionate1(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2020
[img][/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2020
israelmao:

Don't judge, leave judgment to the most holy God.

If you fail to tell the truth, they will keep doing evil

Stop saying God alone Judge, he has commanded us to preach His Gospel, which was y I said STOP DOING EVIL so that God may hear our prayers.

If you see your brother going down the pit and you kept quiet, his death will be upon you

You see something, you say something.
This is not the time to mind our business anymore.

1 Like

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by truffle: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2020
abeg i need help o,anybody that can spare a few naira notes this morning i would appreciate it o,a closed mouth is a closed destiny.let GOD touch somebody's heart this morning.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by DavidEsq(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Bbbwings:

It takes days to recover once the infected are admitted.
Does this really answery question?
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by dennisworld1(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2020
tarantino1:

After I do some research, I find out say details about the second Case dey very similar to the first one. Same location everything
d second death am hearing he is from warri. UgbOr i itsekiri. Police and LGA chairman have gone to seal the area
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by truffle: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2020
jarus help your boy na,abeg,even if na small change,im throwing away shame abeg,a closed mouth is a closed destiny.
Jarus:

Oga, I’m a Nairalander.

Corona virus is real.

Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by kinkybabie11(f): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Please, what is the total number of active cases because I am quite confused...with the number of death and discharged cases, the number of confirmed cases ought to reduce.
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Goluc: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
I don't understand, after discharging any case do they minus it from the existing cases at all? How come the case keeps increasing on daily basis, even with the recorded numbers discharged already? I don't understand the formula applied by these so called health experts!
Re: 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged by Gibsonworld05(m): 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=canDy4eva post=88279834]

The solution is in CHRIST JESUS![/I concurquote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Motorcycles Carry Corpse In Dr Congo - (Graphic Pictures) / Lady Falls From Balcony Of 2-storey Building While Chatting With Friend. Photos / Massive Fibroid Removed From A Woman's Tummy In Nigeria (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.