Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut (14324 Views)

2023: Ben Ayade Presents N330 Billion "budget of Quantum Infinitum" / FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut / Bamidele Salam Kicks Against N37 Billion Budget For NASS Renovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Educonomist: 9:09am On Apr 10, 2020
At This Period I Was Expecting The Govt To Reduce The Recurrent Expenditures(salaries N Allowances) Accrued To The Political Appointees and The Elected, National Assembly Members N Al Those Who Earns Much Salary N Allowances

1 Like

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Dick1000(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2020
What make the country great is what you cut. Why don't you cut the salary of all the politician. What Africa need now is education that will bring about wisdom and a good medical facilities
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by shevy878: 9:16am On Apr 10, 2020
grin see the way they are using figures to confuse someone.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by slowice(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2020
Abeg I never see house of assembly renovation there, maybe my eye dey pain me, dem suppose completely expunge that nonsense, make pesin wey see am show me

1 Like

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by qanda: 9:18am On Apr 10, 2020
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by PHijo(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2020
Kuginzi:
The Niger-Delta Death Trap Roads: Deceptive leadership is Hypnotizing d people of d Niger-Delta region, The dream of a Better Niger-Delta is being looted by d children of Niger-Delta and the people are being confused & miseducated to believe d problem of Niger-Delta is in Daura, Abuja, Lagos or Kano.
EVERY POLITICAL LEADER IN NIGER-DELTA IS A FRAUD.

Nigeria is a fraud and NOT the Niger Delta region! The last time I checked, the president and petroleum minister is from Kastina in the North West. He is primarily responsible for the rot.

You can't blame people who get less than 13 percent of their wealth while Nigeria gets more than 87 percent of their wealth for mismanagement.

That is akin to insanity!
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Kay25(m): 9:29am On Apr 10, 2020
If for any other place where there should not be cut but increase is the place of budget for health am surprised buhari is even slashing it down what an irony!well when you have a leader whose brain and inheritance are on cows he won't value health that matters to human lives
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Farki: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2020
Sorry did I just read that the government would spend 100 million on gaming equipment and 176 million on motorcycles?

What kind of stupidity is this?

So now that you are reducing healthcare and education budgets what do you want the people to do? These are some of the most essential yet least equipped sectors of the country yet we continue to neglect them. This kind of policy can only be created by people who send themselves and their children to foreign schools and hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by bigkingwillie(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2020
With the current situation ongoing in a country like ours (Nigeria) virtually all the business n companies are brought to a holt and stand still
As a panacea to curtail the disease.... I bring it to your notice that some businesses like the Telecomm are great beneficiaries of the ongoing pandemic... unaffected by the current world situation in fact people tends to visit the internet more based on the lockdown...
So partnering with the Telecomm network isn't a bad idea or is it?? I bring you this opportunity on how to partner with the giant Telecomm networks in Nigeria!! I'll show you for free!! If interested signify via whatsapp
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by AschleyBeast: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2020
I agree with the most of the comment section
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Kuginzi: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2020
PHijo:

Nigeria is a fraud and NOT the Niger Delta region! The last time I checked, the president and petroleum minister is from Kastina in the North West. He is primarily responsible for the rot.

You can't blame people who get less than 13 percent of their wealth while Nigeria gets more than 87 percent of their wealth for mismanagement.

That is akin to insanity!
I don't think u go through my comment well.
I said your claim that u guys want 80% of the total Revenue in Nigeria, Have u ever ask yourself where your so called 13% of your monthly allocation is going?
Can your Governors account for how they spend the money?
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by PHijo(m): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kuginzi:

I don't think u go through my comment well.
I said your claim that u guys want 80% of the total Revenue in Nigeria, Have u ever ask yourself where your so called 13% of your monthly allocation is going?
Can your Governors account for how they spend the money?

What right have you what Nigeria to earn 87 percent of my resources and what have you done so far with 87 percent?
In Nigeria's 60 years as a sovereign state my resources have stolen and mismanaged by people from Daura, Lagos, Kano etc. These same misfits mismanaged my resources both at the central and state level. It was until 1999 we started indigenous people as how governors. Prior to that your imposed their friends and relatives from the military.

If you had shame you wouldn't ask this stupid this question.

The east west road that should have been a priority, till date it has not been completed due to ethnic extremism. This road is supposed to be a federal road. You idiots won't fund it yet you expect to share allocation that Port. The bridge you pass to your fertilizers on that same east west road is on the verge of collapsing. Yet you nincompoops who failed to realise what is in your interest have refused to repair it in the name punishing the locals. You also stopped all the respective states from doing any work on the road.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
What's the difference. Last year's budget that wasn't cut what did they use it for. Cut or no cut, they will still steal what's left of it and tell us their usual stories.
They can never cut their allowances because they were born to suck our blood.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Kuginzi: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
PHijo:

What right have you what Nigeria to earn 87 percent of my resources and what have you done so far with 87 percent?
In Nigeria's 60 years as a sovereign state my resources have stolen and mismanaged by people from Daura, Lagos, Kano etc. These same misfits mismanaged my resources both at the central and state level. It was until 1999 we started indigenous people as how governors. Prior to that your imposed their friends and relatives from the military.

If you had shame you wouldn't ask this stupid this question.

The east west road that should have been a priority, till date it has not been completed due to ethnic extremism. This road is supposed to be a federal road. You idiots won't fund it yet you expect to share allocation that Port. The bridge you pass to your fertilizers on that same east west road is on the verge of collapsing. Yet you nincompoops who failed to realise what is in your interest have refused to repair it in the name punishing the locals. You also stopped all the respective states from doing any work on the road.

I repeat you're confused, brainwashed, and miseducated to believe your problem is in Daura, Lagos etc. your problem is like taking Panadol(medicine that's meant for headache) you're taking it for stomach ache.
Blame your Governors, Senators, House of Rep members, Ministers, etc for mismanagement.
Let nobody use The Misconception of Religion; The Criminality of Resource Control; The Devisiveness of Ethnicity; The Racism of Tribalism & The Audacity of Corruption to Confuse you my people.
THE ENEMIES OF THE NIGER-DELTA ARE WITHIN & YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO FIGHT BACK.

1 Like

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Jheimz: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
We are reliable, trusted and affordable.
www.exelsor.com
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by emmybizguru(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
They have never prioritized these sectors. I expected them to learn and increase funding for our health sector
Don't let our government fool you. Seek other means to make money. They keep sharing this money amongst themselves
The country is on lockdown and people want to even die of hunger than even COIVD 19
Forget about the lockdown. Don't go broke
Get paid by spotting the location of a ball. No technical skills required. Just look at the footballer's eyes to have an insight on where the ball will be located and you can play as many spots
Everyone can play it but you have to be 18+
Winners are announced everyday
visit: spottoball.naijalottery.com to play

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by COMPAQ(m): 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
This Budget reduction doesnt make much sense!! Crude oil crashes and all that happens is a reduction of N321bln!? And taken from education and healthcare!? At a time of COVID 19!? I want to believe this is fake news. I would expect massive reductions to come from Presidency, National Assembly, Recurrent expenditure, Aso rock clinic (since it's been proven useless) and more.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by PHijo(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kuginzi:

I repeat you're confused, brainwashed, and miseducated to believe your problem is in Daura, Lagos etc. your problem is like taking Panadol(medicine that's meant for headache) you're taking it for stomach ache.
Blame your Governors, Senators, House of Rep members, Ministers, etc for mismanagement.
Let nobody use The Misconception of Religion; The Criminality of Resource Control; The Devisiveness of Ethnicity; The Racism of Tribalism & The Audacity of Corruption to Confuse you my people.
THE ENEMIES OF THE NIGER-DELTA ARE WITHIN & YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO FIGHT BACK.

Your people are those who are uneducated, uninformed, mentally challenged and lazy.
If you understood basic elementary arithmetic you would have known the figure 87 is greater than 13 .

Secondly you have known that the outcome is determined by the one solving the mathematical solution so you can't blame the numbers you for your failure.

Thirdly in the close to 60 years Nigeria has been independent it was mostly Northerners and next to them Yorubas that were in charge of Nigeria.

People call SHELL but NNPC owned by the Nigerian state is the primary polluter of the Niger Delta.

You've blamed the multinational oil companies for sins of the Nigerian government and now all of them would left by now but they've not been able to find buyers for their assets.

On our governors, even with the best of intentions 4 governors can't have a say over 32 or 30.

Do see how daft you are? Out 109 senators the entire doesn't have more than 36 senators yet you blame them for the region's current plight. Prior to this brothers made their decision via military decrees and yet you expect magic for what you ingrates have taken 6 decades to damage.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Kuginzi: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
PHijo:

Your people are those who are uneducated, uninformed, mentally challenged and lazy.
If you understood basic elementary arithmetic you would have known the figure 87 is greater than 13 .

Secondly you have known that the outcome is determined by the one solving the mathematical solution so you can't blame the numbers you for your failure.

Thirdly in the close to 60 years Nigeria has been independent it was mostly Northerners and next to them Yorubas that were in charge of Nigeria.

People call SHELL but NNPC owned by the Nigerian state is the primary polluter of the Niger Delta.

You've blamed the multinational oil companies for sins of the Nigerian government and now all of them would left by now but they've not been able to find buyers for their assets.

On our governors, even with the best of intentions 4 governors can't have a say over 32 or 30.

Do see how daft you are? Out 109 senators the entire doesn't have more than 36 senators yet you blame them for the region's current plight. Prior to this brothers made their decision via military decrees and yet you expect magic for what you ingrates have taken 6 decades to damage.
My friend you're just beating around the bush. The simple question is; Niger-Delta receive a highest allocation in Nigeria, "DID YOU CARE TO ASK HOW YOUR GOVERNORS ARE SPENDING THE MONEY"?
Your Governors are using the misconception of Revenue sharing formula for u people in order to divert the Niger-Delta people's attention from the huge monthly allocation, while you're here arguing on who get 80%, your leaders are there enjoying their loots. Remember, your Goodluck Jonathan became the President, did u ever mention 80% during his tenure?
We need to enlighten the minds of the Niger-Deltans through media evangelism, through seminars and workshops, through constant teaching and preaching.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by PHijo(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kuginzi:

My friend you're just beating around the bush. The simple question is; Niger-Delta receive a highest allocation in Nigeria, "DID YOU CARE TO ASK HOW YOUR GOVERNORS ARE SPENDING THE MONEY"?
Your Governors are using the misconception of Revenue sharing formula for u people in order to divert the Niger-Delta people's attention from the huge monthly allocation, while you're here arguing on who get 80%, your leaders are there enjoying their loots. Remember, your Goodluck Jonathan became the President, did u ever mention 80% during his tenure?
We need to enlighten the minds of the Niger-Deltans through media evangelism, through seminars and workshops, through constant teaching and preaching.

Do you realise that you guys stood in the of the petroleum industry bill he tried pass because you said it will benefit the host communities?
Under the 5 years Jonathan was in charge we did push for fiscal federalism but he was frustrated by ethnic extremists, mostly from the North and South west.

Do you think we are babies? That we decided to accommodate the rest of Nigeria doesn't mean we are stupid. So you think is your useless lies that made people in the Niger Delta not treat you like the invaders that you are, all honesty you Nigerians are worse than the White colonialists. Even Apartheid South Africa is better than this unjust, parasite called Nigeria, a nuisance to humanity.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Dollabiz: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
really
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Healthcare ke..... Am I missing something? undecided

Gaming 100m or gini? FG dey play game? Chai!!
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
CoronaV:
But their salaries, allowances and looting remains the same. May God punish Buhari and his Yoruba muslim supporters.

May God punish you and your whole generation! Stupid you, idiot.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by spacechuks(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
DabuIIIT:
What the hell is North East development Commission?

Why did buhari reject the entire outcome of Jonathan's 2014 conference but only accepted and is implementing the north east development Commission proposal of same summit?!

From where are the funds coming from?!

Southern naija are dumb.....

My brother ,thank you. For the record, Nddc was created out of the need to develop the region that has been be deviled by oil contamination and infrastructure decayed suffered over the years and funds are deducted from 13percent oil derivation owed to the region. For Godsake what is north east dev commission, where are the funds coming from, so they were able to smuggle this idea through the backdoor into law. Nigeria is doom , so you are using tax payers money to develop what few spearheaded terrorist propagandists( sheriff and co) has caused in the north east, what is the north east contributing to the federal allocation account, so other region dont need development abi, south east and south west dont need development, thunder will fire all of una, covid 19 will annihilate all of una, bokoharam has succeeded in destroying the north east ,now you are using tax payers money and oil money to start rebuilding or developing the region whereas 90percent of the northerners including those in government are in support of the bokoharam idea. We will leave this contraption soon...I reap naija delta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by spacechuks(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Area4Area:
Don't mind that one, he didn't read it at all, the budget of the NEDC was slashed by about 63% but he must post something because others are posting

NEDC should be funded from the already free oil money we are allocating monthly to the north eastern states and NOT from the federal allocation account. All the north east states should put head together and fund that commission to develop their region, afterall who send them bokoharam

O GOD why do you allow this northern people continue to pest on us .fight for us O GOD and free your people from this mess that we are in Jesus name. AMEN
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by DabuIIIT: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
spacechuks:

My brother ,thank you. For the record, Nddc was created out of the need to develop the region that has been be deviled by oil contamination and infrastructure decayed suffered over the years and funds are deducted from 13percent oil derivation owed to the region. For Godsake what is north east dev commission, where are the funds coming from, so they were able to smuggle this idea through the backdoor into law. Nigeria is doom , so you are using tax payers money to develop what few spearheaded terrorist propagandists( sheriff and co) has caused in the north east, what is the north east contributing to the federal allocation account, so other region dont need development abi, south east and south west dont need development, thunder will fire all of una, covid 19 will annihilate all of una, bokoharam has succeeded in destroying the north east ,now you are using tax payers money and oil money to start rebuilding or developing the region whereas 90percent of the northerners including those in government are in support of the bokoharam idea. We will leave this contraption soon...I reap naija delta

My bro,it's horrible.
As you said,they smuggled it through the back door and the apc controlled nass passed it into law. The mass members from the SE and SS were not enough to counter it . The mass members from the SW,who are also.Apc,were just gaping and even joined the northerners in passing the bill.
Buhari said it's reward for the NE for the support he got from them in the last general elections. Can you imagine that!?

He threw away the entire confab reports but adopted only one in favour of the north!

Take time out and find out who heads all fed govt petroleum and maritime agencies and you will be shocked
Nnpc
DPR
Ptdf
PPPRA
Min of petroleum
Nimasa
NPA
Customs
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Kuginzi: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
PHijo:

Do you realise that you guys stood in the of the petroleum industry bill he tried pass because you said it will benefit the host communities?
Under the 5 years Jonathan was in charge we did push for fiscal federalism but he was frustrated by ethnic extremists, mostly from the North and South west.

Do you think we are babies? That we decided to accommodate the rest of Nigeria doesn't mean we are stupid. So you think is your useless lies that made people in the Niger Delta not treat you like the invaders that you are, all honesty you Nigerians are worse than the White colonialists. Even Apartheid South Africa is better than this unjust, parasite called Nigeria, a nuisance to humanity.
I don't blame u. No amount of enlightenment can set u free. You're lost!! Pls Mark my words: Your region will not develop not untill u guys understand the principal of governance. Are u learned than Goodluck? During Jonathan's regime, There's never a place or time when Jonathan mention Fiscal Federalism. He has never complain of the sharing formula because he knew your Governors are d ones cheating on u people but u fail to understand. Since your own son Jonathan did not restructure d sharing formula, I urge u to keep shut forever because u will never attain it from any other tribe. The worst is for u to keep shouting on social media. The funniest thing is, Your leaders, Kings, Politicians and rich men will never support u because they know what they're benefiting from Federal allocation. I advise u, pls don't kill yourself for nothing. As u are killing yourself, they'll be enjoying their money.
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Coolgent(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Why not legislators budget?
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by DigitalLogic: 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Okuda:

you dont have family members that can help you?

my uncle (who harboured me when I came to Rivers State in search of greener pasture died last year August) I have to move out of the house to stay with some labourers who perform hard jobs and since then I follow them to the construction site or farm to work for other people. since the lockdown, there is no source of income I have exhausted all I have and I plan on running into a moving vehicle to end this pain. please I need help to survive. 0163060975 GTBank
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by Okuda(m): 5:02am On Apr 11, 2020
DigitalLogic:

my uncle (who harboured me when I came to Rivers State in search of greener pasture died last year August) I have to move out of the house to stay with some labourers who perform hard jobs and since then I follow them to the construction site or farm to work for other people. since the lockdown, there is no source of income I have exhausted all I have and I plan on running into a moving vehicle to end this pain. please I need help to survive. 0163060975 GTBank

I did not aak you to send your acc number. too many people here asking for assistance cant be coincidence that its not scam...
Re: Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut by DigitalLogic: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2020
Okuda:

I did not aak you to send your acc number. too many people here asking for assistance cant be coincidence that its not scam...

brother, if you don't care why bother asking me? let God's will be done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Case Against Four #EndSARS Protesters Dismissed By Abuja Court / WTO: Nigeria Is Number One Importer In Africa / Chicago Academic Record: Tinubu, Atiku Resume Legal Battle In US Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.