Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria (1367 Views)

Coronavirus: Kwara Govt Orders Total Lockdown In Offa / Umahi Tightens Ebonyi State Borders, Visits Boundaries To Ensure Total Lockdown / COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by dimejiamuda: 6:55am On Apr 10, 2020
There are indications that authorities in Nigeria, especially those managing the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, are considering a total lock-down on the entire country as the final resort.

Concerned by the surge in the number of confirmed cases of the pandemic, as well as the spread of the virus from the initial three states locked down by President Buhari to other states in the past week, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 is brazing up for the possibility of a holistic lock-down.

The task force, which Judicial Sketch gathered would meet with the president on Friday, was said to have been convinced that a nationwide lockdown would be far more effective in curtailing the spread of the virus.

This sentiment was echoed at a meeting between the task force and the leadership of the National Assembly on Thursday, when the Task Force said it had data to justify lockdown of parts or all of the states in the country.

“There is acquisition of intelligence data to guide implementation of control measures such as may emanate from restrictions and or lockdowns of parts or all of the states,” said the chairman of the Task Force.

According to a member of the Task Force, this position was ignited by the need to give health workers “better latitude to conduct more tests and go ‘contact-hunting.’”

Read full details below:

https://judicialsketch.com/2020/04/10/covid-19-total-lockdown-looms-over-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Aidejay(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2020
It will fail woefully.
Nigeria is not that type of country. They have data to justify lockdown but have nothing to show in their efforts to cushion the effects of such an adventure. If they think locking down 180 million people, where in half are greatly imporvished will end well, they need to go and get tested.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by princemillla(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2020
God of thunder will visit you. Av ran out of cash like this. Had to disposed my fones at an unreasonable price just to feed.

Make una No try am o

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by princemillla(m): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2020
God of thunder will visit them if dey try am. Av ran out of cash like this. Had to disposed my fones at an unreasonable price just to feed.

Make una No try am o

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Duru9(m): 7:04am On Apr 10, 2020
God I pray in the name of God they should not increase this lock down

There are many people without hope anymore including me

In my room no TV, no roommate just me and my phone no data too no food

Haba I can't cope

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Faponmile(m): 7:10am On Apr 10, 2020
I saw this coming. But the authorities have no plans to cushion the effect on the masses. So l guess it will likely fail. And then we will find ourselves in a real mess.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by matrix199(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2020
And what would happen to daily, weekly income earners, and private employees affected by the 14 day lock down? They should continue starving with their families right? Total lock down without any palliative plan for the vulnerable(the daily, weekly income earners and private employees)

Those religious fellows waiting for the trumpet to sound to make heaven, well I'm sad to tell you that the trumpet already sounded in your previous life, thus you were sent to Nigeria(the local name for hell) to serve your punishment.

Rwanda and Chad have toppled Nigeria in good governance rating.

The Chinese they discreetly flew into Nigeria to discreetly have them treat Buhari and Abba Kyari should do us a big favour and place two buckets before them.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by sammyj: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2020
Total close down over concerns on surges caused by the government who allowed foreigners and travelers come in with the Chinese virus!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Avalancheman: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2020
God forbid!

This coronavirus lockdown scam must not be extended!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by bluefilm: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2020
That is totally uncalled for.

This house arrest must cease now!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by edo3(m): 7:28am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by backnbeta(f): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2020
You want to lockdown when you have refused to attend to the poor ones who had contact with people who had the virus, thereby allowing them to spread it at community level!

You want to lockdown when FG will only share relief materials among the Northerners and the states will probably share based on political affiliation

You want to lockdown when doctors are not allowed to go out otherwise they'll be beaten blue black

You want to lockdown and put armed uniformed animals on guard, knowing they are not trained to handle issues with civility

It is well

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Precious4real50(f): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2020
Online warriors cheesy grin last last na one gun shot go make this online warriors dey well cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Tobinrobin(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2020
I honestly don’t understand the people in charge of digital media Tolu ogunlesi & Garba Shehu, they’re not really advising the President well enough nor are they letting him know the grievances of the people. You shared billions to people you claimed are in the national social registry but ignored the middle class and slightly below average class. People are indoor without any palliative. You want to share grains & 150 truck loads of rice and other food which won’t get to where it should lol. That’s not palliative, that’s nonsense. Everywhere in the world the government are doing everything possible to cushion effect of this virus but here it’s if you die you die. Lockdown my foot
Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by shesawesome(f): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2020
They shouldn't do that
Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2020
Lagos should be lockdown completely for two months.

Anyway, Yeerobah no go like am because of their love for Saturdays and Sundays owambe peppered jollof rice.
Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by Bevista: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2020
It's unfortunate that most have not seen the big picture.

The Industrial Age is gone. We're now about to enter the Digital (AI) Age. Robots are about to take over most of your jobs. The global puppet masters are now strategically preparing for the mass unemployment that is about to hit the world.

Malaria kills an estimated 50k people in Nigeria every year. We still get on with our lives without any lockdown. Now, we're locking the entire country because of less than 10 Covid-19 deaths.

Brace up folks. We're not going back to normal.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Total Lockdown Looms Over Nigeria by sapientia(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2020
If you were not expecting this

It means you have not been following global updates on this covid 19.

Nations suffering huge fatalities if you check by days of first cases were doing better than Nigeria even with massive tests and they have fewer deaths.

At this point, I have wished I knew nothing about virus.

I have passed beyond imagining the fatalities to fearing the chaos and anarchy that will envelop the world especially Africa.

Third World War is ongoing already.

(1) (Reply)

Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? / Hilarious Comment Someone Gave On Why Obaseki Should Not Be Reelected / FCT Policemen Push Their Patrol Vehicle After It Knocked Down: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.