Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

COVID-19: Delta Records Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Delta Records Death (566 Views)

COVID-19: Delta Records 2 New Cases, Monitors 140 Contacts / COVID-19: Delta Records Third Confirmed Case, Restates Sit-at-home Order / Delta Records First Coronavirus Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Delta Records Death by comrodioodio001: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2020
COVID-19: Delta records death

Delta Governor, Sen. (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa, on Thursday night announced that a patient suspected to have contracted Coronavirus in the state had died.

His Chief Press Secretary, Olisa Ifeajika, said in a statement in Asaba that the governor disclosed that the case, which was the second, after the first confirmed on Tuesday, was awaiting outcome of the test conducted on it when the patient passed away.

He stated that the deceased had underlying health issues and had visited Lagos in the past two weeks, adding that the patient, with severe symptoms, presented himself late to the hospital.

The governor said that the symptoms on the patient included difficulty in breathing, which prompted immediate and necessary attention to him by medical professionals.

``Shortly after the specimen was taken, he passed away. However, his test results came back positive today (Thursday).

``In order to mitigate against the spread of the virus, we are fast-tracking our contact-tracing to ensure that all those that came in contact with the deceased patient are properly isolated and tested immediately,’’ he said.

Okowa restated the importance of everyone working ``to protect citizens and residents of our state, families and friends of individuals that are exhibiting the primary symptoms of COVID-19, do not keep it from the authorities.’’

According to him, if you see something, say something.

The governor assured that he would continue to keep all Deltans informed of new developments on the pandemic in the state.

Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by Duru9(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2020
RIP to him

Chaii cry cry

God I pray in the name of God they should not increase this lock down

There are many people without hope anymore including me

In my room no TV, no roommate just me and my phone no data too no food

Haba I can't cope
Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2020
UnaToto
Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by braine(m): 7:49am On Apr 10, 2020
Jefferson26:
Dear nairalanders,I never taught I will have to ask for help on nairaland,but I have to because everything seems to be crashing on me now
I am an orphan,I have been an orphan since 2010 ,my dad died that year while my mom died 2014 leaving me with two siblings,I have an ND degree in Surveying and Geoinformatics
I could not further because I had to train two of my younger ones,I did a lot of odd jobs and finally saved enough money to open a sport betting shop,things were going fine till the betting company stopped operation (champions bet)
I got back to square one,my younger ones are my immediate concern,I do not care about myself much,I am home now during this lockdown with nothing on me,no food,no money,I would have been able to bear,maybe take my life and go rest,but who will I leave them for,my youngest sister has ulcer,she cries everyday,I have used the last of my money to buy ulcer drugs,now no food to accompany the medicine anymore,sometime I go out to buy bread and snacks on credit for them to eat,but I can't go anymore because the woman says she won't sell to me without money anymore
I know people may insult me,call me all sort of names,I do not care because I am feeling worse with my life
To all the fathers and mothers here,please look at me like your child...help me please
Please we need food
Well meaning nairalanders
Please help me with any amount to buy food for the sake of my young ones pleas,I beg you in Gods name
Zenith bank
If you have a Job for me too,I will be so blessed and thank you so much

You just opened this your NL account. Everything you say will be ignored.
Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by Jefferson26: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2020
braine:

You just opened this your NL account. Everything you say will be ignored.

But everything I am saying is true..
Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by Calismart(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2020
o
Re: COVID-19: Delta Records Death by Oluwaxhango(m): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2020
Carrytalker

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Questions Coronavirus Death Toll, Claims 'influenza Deaths ... Have Been / Nigerians Must Learn To Live With COVID-19 - NCDC / Influenza Vaccine Linked To Covid-19 Mortality Rate Spike In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.