Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co (559 Views)

Aisha Buhari Condemns Nigeria’s Healthcare System / Demolition: Tinubu Shocked By Ganduje’s Atrocities As Governor – Kwankwaso / Buhari Shocked By Kuje Prisons Attack. Disappointed With Intelligence System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by abbeyman1798: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2020
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, is the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force for the control of COVID-19 [Twitter/@DigiCommsNG]
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, has expressed his shock at the poor state of Nigeria's healthcare system.
Mustapha is the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Coronavirus (COVID-19), a disease that has spread throughout the world and crippled social and economic activities.

While meeting with the leadership of the National Assembly on Thursday, April 9, 2020, Mustapha said coronavirus has starkly exposed Nigeria's terrible healthcare infrastructure.

"I can tell you for sure, I never knew that our entire healthcare infrastructure was in the state in which it is until I was appointed to do this work," he said.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, had similarly noted last week that coronavirus has terribly exposed Nigeria's poor healthcare system.

"After this is over and moving forward, we must do everything in our power to ensure that we will never again come upon a moment such as this, as ill-equipped as we are now," the lawmaker had said.

Mustapha also pointed out during Thursday's meeting that the crisis should provide an opportunity for the country to examine its healthcare system and carry out reforms to eliminate notable weaknesses.

He said plans are in place for the immediate, medium and long-term development of the healthcare system.

Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Yenefer(f): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2020
angry

1 Like

Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by 0m0nnakoda: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2020
If you never knew are you the right person for that task?
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Dreal1247: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2020
When the hospital with yearly billions of Naira budget could not provide the medical needs of the first family and their aids, you don't need anybody to tell you that the public hospitals should be in ruins. Until adequate measures are put in in place to control medical tourism, our healthcare system may continually remain in shambles.
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by freeze001(f): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
He is crazy but then are we surprised?
1. He and his family jet out of Nigeria at the slightest health inconvenience or maybe patronise the priciest private hospitals in Nigeria.

2. I am sure during their weekly Wednesday cabinet (FEC) meetings, they only come with lies as briefings that all is well in their various departments and ministries without presenting the true state of affairs; they deceive the dumb president as usual who naturally knows nothing abut governance beyond islam and cattle so they can in turn tell gullible Nigerians that all sectors have improved far more than during the '16 years of PDP'.

3. This clearly shows that there is no oversight and perhaps too much bureaucracy so that after submissions by ministers, there is an actual review/verification of facts; other appointees and staff are unable to penetrate the bureaucracy to report the parlous state of affairs - they are either blacked out or intimidated into silence. This feeds into the fraudulent 'all is well' narrative indicated in No 2.

4. Government officials including Buhari deliberately ignore reports in the news and public domain because for them, anything that looks bad or may make Buhari appear not to be performing is 'fake news' or 'lies from IPOB'. Most of their APC lackeys on this site and other social media platforms deploy this self-defeating flagellating method a lot! I wonder what they do with the yearly ranking of Human Development Index and other such records that consistently place Nigeria at the lowest rung especially for healthcare! They quickly 'debunk' as fake news, feign ignorance of parameters used or just put it in the bin as usual!

5. What does he think medical workers always go on strike for before they are intimidated back to work with threats of dismissal and 'no work, no pay'? Why does he think our medical personnel are making frantic efforts to leave Nigeria and work in other countries?

6. If state house hospital with all its advantages and proximity to the presidency cannot boast of basic medication and facilities as reported by none other than the First Lady, what would be the state of other public hospitals in all the states of the federation? They did not deem fit to take her words serious and embark on a thorough fact-finding, problem-solving mission because again, the statement of the first lady made Buhari look bad so rather than give credence to her words by taking action, they ignored everything as usual because they will simply fly off to US, Sweden, UK and co for 'regular' check-up and relaxation! If Abba Kyari's medical records had to be sought from a UK hospital despite feeding fat on public funds from Nigeria, what else is left?

GOD PUNISH UNA FOR DIA! More so if after this COVIK 1-9 has exposed y'all, you don't make drastic, positive changes when this siege is over! What the hell was the change Nigerians voted for? Idiots!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by RoyalBlu(f): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Nbote(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2020
Jus imagine !!! With each passing day, did govt tries to outdo itself in how clueless it is.. D same way dey never know Nigerians have been suffering.. Always in self denial.. How would U know wen all u do sell propaganda dat U are beginning to believe
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Rich4god(m): 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
Not surprised.... His master Buhari said he is surprised that insurgents and bandits were killing Nigerians....

This set of leaders are disconnected from the masses.
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by sapientia(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2020
A clueless SGF.

Buhari is really breaking records.

Top Notch body odour.

This one is "I never knew odour"

Wow..

Dude learnt from Buhari live and direct.
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Captainrambo2: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Buhari din teach am work

Feign ignorance undecided
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Nigerianization(m): 10:58am On Apr 10, 2020
What do you know then?

Even baba who promised to end medical tourism became the chief medical tourist...

If he had kept to his word, at least, the Aso Rock clinic would have been functional by now...
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by abbeyman1798: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2020
you are right bro
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Oharina(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2020
Look at him, who does he think he is deceiving with this lie from the pit of hell? I laugh in Americ...
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by Macphenson: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2020
Ik
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by ogbuefi677(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
One chance minister serving under a one chance govt.
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
May all the politicians that put our country in such situation as this all die painfully both former and present.
May they never be alive to spend all the BILLIONS they stole from our treasury. That's all i have to say.
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by CHIOMAEZEH: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbAPmf_rdc

I am not aware if doctors treating COVID-19 patients are being paid hazard allowance- Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire

The above video is where he said all that
Re: 'I Never Knew,' SGF Shocked By Poor State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System Amid Co by mcmbonu: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2020
Waste

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19: Another Evidence Affirming What Pastor Chris Said. / God Will Punish Buhari, Tinubu And All APC Leaders Says APC Youths (video) / Photo Of Gov Wike Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.