Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria (5031 Views)

How Do I Migrate To Netherlands? / Man Survived After Hiding In Plane's Wheel From South Africa To Netherlands. / The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Uniqueforce: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hello Nairalanders!!!!

I've been searching all over the travel section of this forum so as to get very concise information on how to travel to the Netherlands, the Permanent Residency, protocols involved in getting the visa, Job opportunities and life generally in Netherlands as an immigrant.

But it seems there are no such topics.
So I decided to create this thread to enable Nigerians who are based in Netherlands to share their experiences over there and their journey to Netherlands.

The sake of this thread is for information and education. Please I need the comments to keep flowing in the way you have it in Canada, Australia and US threads.......Thank you!!!!
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Uniqueforce: 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Let the comments keep coming!!!
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Uniqueforce:
Hello Nairalanders!!!!

I've been searching all over the travel section of this forum so as to get very concise information on how to travel to the Netherlands, the Permanent Residency, protocols involved in getting the visa, Job opportunities and life generally in Netherlands as an immigrant.

But it seems there are no such topics.
So I decided to create this thread to enable Nigerians who are based in Netherlands to share their experiences over there and their journey to Netherlands.

The sake of this thread is for information and education. Please I need the comments to keep flowing in the way you have it in Canada, Australia and US threads.......Thank you!!!!
not all countries are looking for people. Those that have gone had to hustle for it most times. Your best bet is to go through school and hope to get job later. Nothing is guaranteed. Some had to marry to stay.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Moneywirer: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kekereekun123:
not all countries are looking for people. Those that have gone had to hustle for it most times. Your best bet is to go through school and hope to get job later. Nothing is guaranteed. Some had to marry to stay.

sir what about PR?
I mean the procedures involved.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
Moneywirer:

sir what about PR?
I mean the procedures involved.
u need to get a job offer to be able to get work permit to go there. You can get pr after living and working there legally for 5 years
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Uniqueforce: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kekereekun123:

And that's what we want to know. Those people who got there, how did they do it.
What were the steps they took?
And how is life with them over there ??
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
Uniqueforce:

And that's what we want to know. Those people who got there, how did they do it.
What were the steps the took?
And how is life with them over there ??
the steps and format used in the past may not work in todays times. Best bet remains study route. A friend and his wife left last year for Amsterdam too. He got an IT job and they sponsored work visa for him

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Am here
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Uniqueforce: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
Have you got any tips for us sir?
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Soleye24(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
space booked
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
If you have rare skills like high end programming skills you could apply and get a job from Nigeria. The other alternative is to migrate as a doctor or student, Delft University is generous to sub Saharan student

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Moneywirer: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you have rare skills like high end programming skills you could apply and get a job from Nigeria. The other alternative is to migrate as a doctor or student, Delft University is generous to sub Saharan student

And there I was hoping they'd be as accommodating as Canada and US
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
Moneywirer:

And there I was hoping they'd be as accommodating as Canada and US
Western countries are accommodating provided you have the right skill sets to add value to their society. They do not need liabilities as there are already enough in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by megastu(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
There is a thread on universities in the Netherlands it contains all details.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Saverin: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Which one is 'sub-saharan student'? Lol
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Saverin:

Which one is 'sub-saharan student'? Lol
LoL there's a scholarship for sub Saharan African students at delft university but it would have casted. The Netherlands government wants universities to stop admitting foreign students. Netherlands has a housing crisis at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by Hannania(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
The number is not up to 15 per year. And one has to win another supporting scholarship to make up for the remaining €11k for living expenses. Not to talk of the GRE requirement of 320 cheesy....I had my sights on it around 2021, but I gave up when I saw that Germany would be better. The Netherlands has one of the worst salaries in Europe plus taxation.

The good thing though, you don't process your visa as a student. The school does it, and you just pick it up in GHANA. No need for interviews. Just get admitted and pay the money needed
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2023
Hannania:
The number is not up to 15 per year. And one has to win another supporting scholarship to make up for the remaining €11k for living expenses. Not to talk of the GRE requirement of 320 cheesy....I had my sights on it around 2021, but I gave up when I saw that Germany would be better. The Netherlands has one of the worst salaries in Europe plus taxation.

The good thing though, you don't process your visa as a student. The school does it, and you just pick it up in GHANA. No need for interviews. Just get admitted and pay the money needed

Yeah Germany is far better than the Netherlands.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by FxMasterz: 1:58pm On May 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah Germany is far better than the Netherlands.
But how do you overcome the language barrier in Germany. Netherlands have over 95% English Speakers.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:24pm On May 08, 2023
FxMasterz:

But how do you overcome the language barrier in Germany. Netherlands have over 95% English Speakers.

I am not in both countries

1 Like

Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by FxMasterz: 2:40pm On May 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I am not in both countries
Okay boss. Thanks anyway.
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by akaahs(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Please, wha do you mean by being generous to Sahara students?
Re: Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:47pm On May 08, 2023
akaahs:

Please, wha do you mean by being generous to Sahara students?
That scholarship doesn't exist anymore.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About Going For My Visa Interview [immigrant] / Usa. F1 Visa( Got My Visa Approved Today) / Top 10 Mysterious Places Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.