Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! (1230 Views)

Reno Facts About The So-called Igbo-slaves Has Been Straightened Out. / How Did Igbo People Come To Be Called Igbos? / Origins Of Us So Called Bantu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
Have you wondered why the adage; “You don’t command respect, you earn it” really came to be?

First of all, I’m an Igbo guy. But it saddens my heart whenever any sort of achievements of any Igbo entity just comes up we tend to beat our chest and at such making other tribes feel inferior. It is wrong. It’s not maturity. It can never foster love for one another.

The Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani, ibibios, ijaws etc all have unique things too. Even enough than you can ever imagine. I don’t see the reason for these unnecessary hypes and all that.

Any best graduating student from Harvard university bearing Igbo name you’ll see them warming up to cause nuisance online. This is stupid mehn. Especially the team IGBO AMAKA. That’s illiteracy in the highest order. It’s another form of racism if you don’t know.

I didn’t say other tribes do not do this as well but we igbos are really not trying. Truth be told. Even if any other tribe will do this please refrain from it.

If a Yoruba or Hausa entity achieve something spectacular, no hating. Please applaud the person no matter the tribe. And at the same time when it reaches your turn people would celebrate you and not the chest beating thing. It would never earn you the respect you deserve.

This tribe thing is really killing Nigeria. Very pathetic. Sometimes I weep for this tribal bigots. Americans have languages too. But the official language is English but they celebrate anyone so long he or she is American. What then has gone wrong with Nigerians?

I’m really ashamed honestly.

INNOSON builds so so so..... You see them in drones come out like hired crowds for campaign to cause nuisance. It’s very bad.

The Biafra struggle the IGBOs have been agitating wouldn’t be this difficult because of how you have belittled yourself before every dick , Tom and Harry.

It’s the job of people to talk good about yourself and not you ranting all over the place.

If another tribe applauds you, you simply say “Thank you. Proudly Naija” you know.... but we play the tribal thing and I don’t expect this from IGBOs. We are too loud. Abroad we are loud, in Nigeria we are loud. What’s wrong with we IGBOs. In some headlines you’ll see a blogger putting IGBO man achieves so so so.... just to cause a fight because they now know IGBOs as chest beaters who would raise dust for just a topic.

If you don’t know. What you’re actually doing is just a mere display of low self esteem.

How do you see someone that brags naturally? You get irritated right? That’s the way other tribes now see you.

Even the whole world are now looking to the direction of IGBOs as loud mouthed people. Well.... I wish we would change! A word is enough for the wise. If you like attack me. Your brother has told you the bitter truth. If you like take it. If you like spit it out! I rest my case. Safe!

@lalasticlacla please push this so they’d see it and change. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by otipoju(m): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
True talk. Every tribe has its geniuses and muntulas
Every tribe has its upright and bad men.

God created all
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
otipoju:
True talk. Every tribe has its geniuses and muntulas
Every tribe has its upright and bad men.

God created all

Sure why not? Every tribe has everything God put into man. But the thing is getting too much.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by otipoju(m): 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
mrbenjame:

Sure why not? Every tribe has everything God put into man. But the thing is getting too much.

Boasting is needless and generates hatred towards the chest beater.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
otipoju:

Boasting is needless and generates hatred towards the chest beater.

Yeah. And that’s exactly what we are doing to ourselves attracting unnecessary hatred to ourselves. It’s really bad
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by GreenArrow1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ha! Protect your identity o. So they won't excommunicate you. You know how most your young people are on here.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
GreenArrow1:
Ha! Protect your identity o. So they won't excommunicate you. You know how most your young people are on here.

I got you. But not to worry. I don’t really have any physical connection with any of them unless here. Just needed to clear the air. The nonsense is getting too much
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
mrbenjame:
[s]Have you wondered why the adage; “You don’t command respect, you earn it” really came to be?

First of all, I’m an Igbo guy. But it saddens my heart whenever any sort of achievements of any Igbo entity just comes up we tend to beat our chest and at such making other tribes feel inferior. It is wrong. It’s not maturity. It can never foster love for one another.

The Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani, ibibios, ijaws etc all have unique things too. Even enough than you can ever imagine. I don’t see the reason for these unnecessary hypes and all that.

Any best graduating student from Harvard university bearing Igbo name you’ll see them warming up to cause nuisance online. This is stupid mehn. Especially the team IGBO AMAKA. That’s illiteracy in the highest order. It’s another form of racism if you don’t know.

I didn’t say other tribes do not do this as well but we igbos are really not trying. Truth be told. Even if any other tribe will do this please refrain from it.

If a Yoruba or Hausa entity achieve something spectacular, no hating. Please applaud the person no matter the tribe. And at the same time when it reaches your turn people would celebrate you and not the chest beating thing. It would never earn you the respect you deserve.

This tribe thing is really killing Nigeria. Very pathetic. Sometimes I weep for this tribal bigots. Americans have languages too. But the official language is English but they celebrate anyone so long he or she is American. What then has gone wrong with Nigerians?

I’m really ashamed honestly.

INNOSON builds so so so..... You see them in drones come out like hired crowds for campaign to cause nuisance. It’s very bad.

The Biafra struggle the IGBOs have been agitating wouldn’t be this difficult because of how you have belittled yourself before every dick , Tom and Harry.

It’s the job of people to talk good about yourself and not you ranting all over the place.

If another tribe applauds you, you simply say “Thank you. Proudly Naija” you know.... but we play the tribal thing and I don’t expect this from IGBOs. We are too loud. Abroad we are loud, in Nigeria we are loud. What’s wrong with we IGBOs. In some headlines you’ll see a blogger putting IGBO man achieves so so so.... just to cause a fight because they now know IGBOs as chest beaters who would raise dust for just a topic.

If you don’t know. What you’re actually doing is just a mere display of low self esteem.

How do you see someone that brags naturally? You get irritated right? That’s the way other tribes now see you.

Even the whole world are now looking to the direction of IGBOs as loud mouthed people. Well.... I wish we would change! A word is enough for the wise. If you like attack me. Your brother has told you the bitter truth. If you like take it. If you like spit it out! I rest my case. Safe!

@lalasticlacla please push this so they’d see it and change. Thanks. [/s]

Irritation gbuokwa gi there....

Your opinion is useless as a flying fu..ck..

Nobody cares whether you are igbo or not.. firstly you are not known and it doesn't add anything to the life of any Igbo man.

Poor men and writing literature full of frustrations.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nothing is more irritating that the usual useless phrase I am an igbo man....who asked you or who give a damn..

Ozu nwuru anwu...
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
mrbenjame:

I got you. But not to worry. I don’t really have any physical connection with any of them unless here. Just needed to clear the air. The nonsense is getting too much

Go and treat the nonsense in your father's compound ......Mr odimma na ezi..... charity begins at home... Otondo.

Go and clear the stench in your father's house.

Igbos didn't beg one Mr nobody to clear any air for them.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Go and treat the nonsense in your father's compound ......Mr odimma na ezi..... charity begins at home... Otondo.

Go and clear the stench in your father's house.

Igbos didn't beg one Mr nobody to clear any air for them.

See them..... Very mentally unbalanced people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

See them..... Very mentally unbalanced people!
Done with you.
Go and clear the stench in your father's compound.
You're more irritating than the post itself.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Done with you.

Go and clear the stench in your father's compound.

You're more irritating than the post itself.

How? Because I told you guys the truth?

How on earth do you think that what you’re doing is the right thing?

Stop the chest beating my friend.

And you think � I’m a fan of fathers compound fetish stuff because that’s what you local people have been meant to believe.

I’m from a very sound family background mind you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Irritation gbuokwa gi there....

Your opinion is useless as a flying fu..ck..

Nobody cares whether you are igbo or not.. firstly you are not known and it doesn't add anything to the life of any Igbo man.

Poor men and writing literature full of frustrations.

Oh! You are the one that is known right?

You’re a BIG FOOL!
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:
Oh! You are the one that is known right?
You’re a BIG FOOL!
Only fools write an empty essay that starts with I am Igbo
who know you or who Sabi your papa or even your grand papa?
Poor men with their poverty thinking littered around media space.
Ogbenye onu ntu..
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

How? Because I told you guys the truth?

How on earth do you think that what you’re doing is the right thing?

Stop the chest beating my friend.

And you think � I’m a fan of fathers compound fetish stuff because that’s what you local people have been meant to believe.

I’m from a very sound family background mind you!

Sound my foot..

Go and clear the stench in your father's house because some from a sound family background doesn't reason like some from demented family background...ezi na uno ndi ala..

See sound family talking about fetish, what a useless reasoning...

Go to guardian newspaper, pay for proper editorial and writing and stop using poverty mentality to be causing available traffic on nairaland.

Anu..
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sound my foot..

Go and clear the stench in your father's house because some from a sound family background doesn't reason like some from demented family background...ezi na uno ndi ala..

Go to guardian newspaper, pay for proper editorial and writing and stop using poverty mentality to be causing available traffic on nairaland.

Anu..

You don’t still get it.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Only fools write an empty essay that starts with I am Igbo

who know you or who Sabi your papa or even your grand papa?

Poor men with their poverty thinking littered around media space.

Ogbenye onu ntu..

Sorry for calling myself an Igbo. My apologies
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2020
Miscreants with no family training forming rubbish on media space.
Money Dem no get..

Bunch of low self esteem poverty infested individuals.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2020
They will always start with useless phrase "I am Igbo"......Who ask u?

Who need it?

Who wants to hear that...

Rubbish....Ndi ala.

Chineke kpokwa gi oku..
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sound my foot..

Anu..

Well. People like you are the target for the traffic. If my thoughts doesn’t irritate you why don’t you just pass? Slow punks!

1 Like

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

Well. People like you are the target for the traffic. If my thoughts doesn’t irritate you why don’t you just pass? Slow punks!

Ozu go and look what to do with your life.

If people's comment irritates you on nairaland, why not get out of nairaland instead of creating one rubbish called write up..

Just Imagine slow reasoning coming from the said sound background...Lol.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:30am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:
They will always start with useless phrase "I am Igbo"......Who ask u?

Who need it?

Who wants to hear that...

Rubbish....Ndi ala.

Chineke kpokwa gi oku..

It’s so unfortunate that we IGBOs are very stupid! So when I start without an identity you’ll call me afonja isn’t it?

Yes I’m Igbo but I don’t like what you guys are doing. So Stop it. It doesn’t earn you any respect. Period!
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

It’s so unfortunate that we IGBOs are very stupid! So when I start without an identity you’ll call me afonja isn’t it?

Yes I’m Igbo but I don’t like what you guys are doing. So Stop it. It doesn’t earn you any respect. Period!

You personally who respects you?

Who are just to talk to others about respect with this your show of shame?

If your father's house is suffering from inferiority complex, let it remain in your compound and stop looking for who infest with skewed, poverty and dejected reasoning.

If your lineage are cursed not to hear and praise good things, others are not.

So let the curse remain with you and your household.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You personally who respects you?

Who are just to talk to others about respect with this your show of shame?

If your father's house is suffering from inferiority complex, let it remain in your compound and stop looking for who infest with skewed, poverty and dejected reasoning.

If your lineage are cursed not to hear and praise good things, others are not.

So let the curse remain with you and your household.

You’re not just saying anything. Lineage, family, cause. Are you ok?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

You’re not just saying anything. Lineage, family, cause. Are you ok?
That's how cursed and poverty stricken mind behaves.
Their minds are so inferior and thinks everyone should reason almost like them.
You came late, go and work on yourself.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

That's how cursed and poverty stricken mind behaves.

Their minds are so inferior and thinks everyone should reason almost like them.

You came late, go and work on yourself.

I don’t need you to think like me. I just aired my view. I never insulted anyone. But you’re taking it upon yourself to abuse me the way you like. Let the abuses stop please. I’m not in for this.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2020
Ok, this is my own analysis and I might be completely wrong, but I think it's a normal trait of any group of people who feels or has once felt opressed.

African American women are often fond of saying things like 'black girl magic' once a black woman is succeeding. I personally am very proud of black women, especially black German women or men tbh, who are changing the narrative and are succeeding in whatever field they are because I know it's not easy.

It gives you a feeling of 'If they can do it, I sure as hell can too'

After the civil war, most igbos had nothing, so there's nothing wrong about being proud of certain achievements.

It only becomes an issue, if you assume the only reason a certain milestone was achieved is due to the person's tribe. That's no longer you being proud of your tribe, but you being tribalistic

1 Like

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2020
mrbenjame:

I don’t need you to think like me. I just aired my view. I never insulted anyone. But you’re taking it upon yourself to abuse me the way you like. Let the abuses stop please. I’m not in for this.

Enu chikwa gi uyi, ana haa gi aja....nwuchikwaa uzo..

You came here to Insult Igbos with your inferior mindset so that others will applaud you and call you a good boy. Wise one...great one.....not knowing that you are already a forgotten place here.

What others do are now a problem to you Mr perfect... because of how you were trained.

Whatever you have penned down here clearly shows your family history and background and it is never a good one and I doubt of it will ever be.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2020
fieryy:
Ok, this is my own analysis and I might be completely wrong, but I think it's a normal trait of any group of people who feels or has once felt opressed.

African American women are often fond of saying things like 'black girl magic' once a black woman is succeeding. I personally am very proud of black women, especially black German women or men tbh, who are changing the narrative and are succeeding in whatever field they are because I know it's not easy.

After the civil war, most igbos had nothing, so there's nothing wrong about being proud of certain achievements.

It only becomes an issue, if you assume the only reason a certain milestone was achieved is due to the person's tribe. That's no longer you being proud of your tribe, but you being tribalistic

#bolded...apt and correct.

The said op wants to be applauded by others. He was only gunning for praise.

On the contrary his IQ is purely zero.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 10:16am On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Enu chikwa gi uyi, ana haa gi aja....nwuchikwaa uzo..

You came here to Insult Igbos with your inferior mindset so that others will applaud you and call you a good boy. Wise one...great one.....not knowing that you are already a forgotten place here.

What others do are now a problem to you Mr perfect... because of how you were trained.

Whatever you have penned down here clearly shows your family history and background and it is never a good one and I doubt of it will ever be.

I’m not perfect. Nobody is.

Let me ask you....
you’ve been mentioning me since and I believe you’ll do that again.

Do you see that act as a good thing to do?

Just a YES or NO.

If you can say any of these then I won’t mention you again.
Re: I Feel So IRRITATED When We So Called Igbos Beat Our Chest Over Everything! by mrbenjame: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2020
fieryy:

GOD bless you richly. I believe you read and perfectly understood my write up. You’re a honest person. Not because you said exactly what was on my mind but because you stood up for what is not acceptable. You’ve earned my respect sir/ma.

We don’t really need to be perfect to think clearly. You’ve proved that!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nose Plugs In Asian Tribes / The Igbos & Yorubas Of Sierra Leone / Free Internet Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.