Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming (780 Views)

FREE PHP OOP( Object Oriented Programming) Tutorial. / Fundamentals Of All Object Oriented Programming(oop) Languages / A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by dexed(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2011
For me i stick with the procedural method. Tried Object Oriented Programming just didnt get the heck of it. Which of this coding methods do you use?
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by e36991: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2011
dexed:

For me i stick with the procedural method. Tried Object Oriented Programming  just didnt get the heck of it. Which of this coding methods do you use?

@^^^

It depends . . .

. . . besides OOP being modular in nature are easier to debug . . .

by the way what language are you coding with
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by dexed(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2011
Php, tried to learn using oop, just didnt get the objects, classes, private, public, e.t.c. In short didnt understand the whole concept.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2011
Mehn procedural is just a waste of stress OOP saves the Hell out of your life.using PHP start with an ultra simple tutorial let me know could hook u up with some material trust me OOP is faster and manageable than procedural even now i use zend i can swear coding has been slashed into 4 times less the amount of time i spend of coding.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by MaJBlige(f): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
OOP is it. Procedural is a complete waste of time. No wonder they developed OOP.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2011
Interestante. Modular programming plus OOP is the best. Procedural will waste your time when you have another project to do.
Just create a class to solve a problem that recurrs, and forget how you did it. You dont have to keep soiling yourself in codes each
time you get a task you have done before - that is what makes one a professional.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2011
@dhtml spot on
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by dexed(m): 9:36am On Jan 04, 2011
Seems to me that you all prefer OOP, well, that is a challenge for me, maybe i would try to learn and see for myself. The first time i tried to, i was scared off and preffered to be in my comfort zone which is the procedural method. @pcguru i wouldn't mind if i can get some good ebooks or materials on OOP.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2011
Dexter, the thing is that - it is not like i prefer OOP. You need to understand that OOP is not a replacement or substitute for Procedural. But it is rather the smart way to program.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2011
@ OP
Which OOP language do you intending learning cos i have loads of E-Books for your reading pleasure.
Re: Object Oriented Programming Vs Procedureal Programming by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2011
u can read my blog or alert me on my mail.take care

(1) (Reply)

Is The Kim K Tape Worth It ? / Webmasters. Please Critique My Site. / Need A Small Business Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.