Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Relationship Building Skills - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relationship Building Skills (252 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Building Skills by HonSTONE(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Relationship Building Skills:

Having good relationship with others go a long way. Truth is we need one another and without a good relationship foundation, we won't be able to work with others.

I'll be sharing some of the Professional relationship building skills that I know.

1) Accept and celebrate differences:
Not everyone think or act like you. You need to understand that people are different from you. The difference is what brings the uniqueness. Accept them the way they are.

2) Listen effectively:
Crucial skill on boosting another person's self-esteem is active listening. Listen attentively when someone is speaking to you and ask questions when necessary.

3) Give people your time:
Others will know you care about them when you give them your time. Create time for others. Have time to check on others and ask about their day.

4) Communicate effectively:
Effective communication is the foundation for any relationship. Communication build trust, love and closeness.

5) Give and take feedback:
This is also important in building professional relationship.
Be teachable and willing to take corrections. Others see your flaws better than you.

6) Trust more:
I used to find it difficult to trust others because I've been hurt by those who claimed to love me. However, people are different. Open your heart and trust. I know it's difficult but you just have to take a chance.

7) Appreciate others:
Learn to appreciate others for their good works. Now if someone does something and The end product isn't as expected, appreciate the effort of the person first. This positive remark will make the person feel good. When you make people feel good about themselves, they tend to open up and do better.

Getting on with people makes work a better place to be.

This has to be a conscious and constant practice when trying to build relationship with others.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Earn During This Lockdown Period. / . / 12 Things Every Expectant Mother Should Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.