Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached (923 Views)

Hero Saves Drowning Dog Only To Be Immediately Bitten By The Dog (pictures) / Pedigree & Dog Chow Dog Food Is Available For Bulk Sales. / Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Acjohn(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Follow us on instagram buynaijadogs5 for more photos
The layman will say a dog is a dog in as much as they can bark why spend so much for a dog in the name of pedigree?
Pedigree according to Merriam-Webster english dictionary is the history of the family members in a person's or animal's past especially when it is good or impressive.

We in this part of the world unfortunately limit the words; good and impressive to the looks. But what pedigree which is more like the history and records offers is more than that.
I will use this article to highlight some of the advantages that I have experienced and know and you can add your if you like in the thread.
The following are some of the advantages of having a pedigree dog:
1. Looks: even though I said it's not limited to looks, that can't be easily overruled. The looks of a dog is the major point of attraction and may be the primary reason why it was considered outstanding by the owner. But its not about a random good look of a dog, there are breed standards that a dog must meet and how it surpasses others in that breed standard.
Pls note that feeding a puppy that is not pedigree to become pedigree is just like assuming that you can bleach a black man to become a white Caucasian man. Its impossible. No matter how had you try they will still give birth to blacks.
In fact, feeding a dog thats not pedigree may bring out the wrong sides more. Imagine having the biggest dog in the area which has a small head and a very short tail, probably with thin legs. The dog will look more odd than a non pedigree that is fed normal. Its also worthy of note that, the pedigree and the non pedigree will eat almost same thing in the hand of a owner. So why not save a little more to buy Pedigree so that you will get the best puppies and good return without much questions.

Let's take the popular Male Caucasian dog, Mugabe whose birth name is Hercules, in Jos for example. The picture is below. Mugabe happens to be the partanal grand father of my dog Gifted. To read more about gifted go to this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/5773746/piebald-caucasian-history-puppies-pictures

It's Pedigree no doubt but not the biggest, its the darling of many but not the tallest. He has a balanced body(good tail, head, legs etc) but not the reason why most people use the dog for stud. Some people I asked said, it's because he is imported and produces fat puppies.

https://www.facebook.com/111114983832137?referrer=whatsapp

Like our post and page to know about good dogs and which breed will meet your expectation, purchase from us and we are willing to guide you till you become a good breeder as part of our after sale services.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Acjohn(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2020
2. The second reason is Assurance: The reason why a pedigree dog is not just called pedigree because of the looks but because of the History is that, it avails an individual the opportunity to expect certain categories or looks of offsprings. Its increases the chances and ability to predict a positive outcome in the litters from a Dam and Sire. It reduces the tendencies of having negative outcomes in the litters to the barest minimal.
Take for example the puppies that my Dog gifted produced after crossing her with Bruno had the outcome that we expected.

Check hear for more about gifted

https://www.nairaland.com/5773746/piebald-caucasian-history-puppies-pictures

That was partly because it was a line crossing which magnified the gene of their common grand father, ALI. So most of the puppies came out dark in colour like Ali with short snout and the very big head of their mother, which was our primary focus.

Check the pictures below and that of Mugabe and you will notice some similarities in their looks. Thats the assurance that we talked about.

Re: Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Acjohn(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2020
3. The third reason is Character: even though its not true that a vicious dog will always produce one but don't forget that apples don't fall far from the tree. The Character aspect of a dogs Pedigree is always ignored to our detriment. For example most of the sons of Mugabe are aggressive and always look unfriendly. Bruno also turn to be that type of dog that always looks serious which I believe is because of their common inheritance.
Gifted is a dog that is always happy when I am around and turns everything including birds to enemies when i am absent. That dog can bark for federal goverment especially when she is lonely, hungry or unhappy but plays with every one i talk with. The later aspect of her is what I don't want.
This how the pedigree details of AlI of King of Sic land now play a role. I want the puppies to be less playful and less serious like Mugabe and Bruno would be so I decided to use them as a stud. The outcome was impressive. As at six weeks I have start noticing some outstanding combinations among the puppies.
The first is Beaver, a male puppy that is very out going when happy, but also the first that almost bit me because I was grooming his hairs. Can cry till next year and make sure no one sleeps until you give him attention. Likea for like there is no tomorrow and very playful. He is the first that started barking among the puppies. So I know it will definitely be bigger and fattee than his father and most importantly be more friendly than Bruno but less playful than gifted. I like Beaver no be small. You could also see the characteristics square big head of their grand father, short snout and no smiling face which is an enviable attribute in the Caucasian world.

The next is credence an outstanding female, one of a kind, confident with less smile on her face, the head is coming out good, with short fur for now, which will make her adaptable to any part of Nigeria with the right food. She is always on her own; doing her thing. The day she was exchanging words with her mom, I wondered where she came from. Her barking is bold and looks very promising. We are crazy about black colour but this one cought my attention. Credence is good. I know she will be a game changer in my kennel.
The last is Red nose with the colour and looks of her mom when at her age, bold, always alone and promising, can play but I like her confidence. There are many more things but let me stop here.

Many of these puppies are booked but in case you are interested you can still reach me on WhatsApp 08122**80**24**54.

These are the few I can talk about for now, you can reach me for questions and other discussion.
Or follow buynaijadogs5 on Instagram

Re: Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Dreazy23(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hi, I noticed something thing with Caucasians. Puppy fur length differs in the same litter could it be traced in a dogs pedigree or it’s just something that happens by nature
Re: Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Acjohn(m): 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dreazy23:
Hi, I noticed something thing with Caucasians. Puppy fur length differs in the same litter could it be traced in a dogs pedigree or it’s just something that happens by nature
Happens by nature just the way all your siblings are not same size and height.
Even though some dogs eventually catch up with each other when subjected to same conditions such as environment, feeding and health. But diversity is phenotype is a common thing in genetic expression.
Re: Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached by Dreazy23(m): 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
Acjohn:

Happens by nature just the way all your siblings are not same size and height.
Even though some dogs eventually catch up with each other when subjected to same conditions such as environment, feeding and health. But diversity is phenotype is a common thing in genetic expression.
It’s quite fascinating

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet Fran Vom Pearl ���� / What The Name Of This Animal? I Killed It Today. / Purebred Black And Tan GSD Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.