Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services (9224 Views)

Ondo Cancels June 12 Democracy Day Celebration Over Owo Massacre / Ondo Cancels Easter Services After Second COVID-19 Case / Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Ashleyeniwin(f): 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
Press Statement

COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services

The State Government notes with deep concern the second index case. This development has once again, reinforced the need to deepen our collective efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Ondo State COVID-19 Response Team has reported that the second index case having travelled from Lagos to Ondo State must give the Government greater concern to avoid community transmission.

Against the backdrop of the above, the Ondo State Government has directed the cancellation of the special concession granted Churches across the State to celebrate the Easter Sunday/Service. This decision was taken after due consultations with the leadership of the Christain Association of Nigeria(CAN).

All measures and steps taken in respect of COVID-19 still remain in force. In particular, Government has taken further steps to effectively man the boundaries in the light of reported cases of compromise and breach of the directive to close all inter-state entry points into Ondo State.

Donald Ojogo 
Commissioner for Information and Orientation 
April 11, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by orunmila144: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
ondo need to cancel their dog eating culture. lokili

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by meum: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
This COVID-19 no go end for 9ja. States wey neva record "index case" go wan get mk dem 4 see money loot.

Abeg open door mk person comot go hustle. NEPA bill has landed it wasn't waived, hunger everywia yet no palliatives/alert even as we were forced to register for the BVN

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Blessed1990: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by toxxnoni(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by ebrochukwu(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
HP Stream 14 Ultrabook | Intel Celeron | 2.16GHz | 14" Screen size | 4GB RAM | 32GB SSD | WCAM | BTH | WI-FI | WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit | 4-5hrs Battery life | 1TB OneDrive Cloud storage | Gray color
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Funlag: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Hydronium(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
I think it's better

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by InspireWealthB: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Staying alive is far more important at this time than a "yearly" celebration. If we are all alive by the time this pandemic has been successfully controlled, we will have so many Easter celebrations that we may have difficulty selecting which of them is the best.

Let's stay alive first Nigerians, Jesus Christ will not be resurrecting tomorrow morning. He has already resurrected more than 2000 years ago. Tomorrow is merely a remembrance or a celebration of that.

Don't go out there and put your life and that of others in danger, and then die while celebrating someone whose number one enemy is death.

Your saviour is alive and well on His throne, don't die celebrating Him!

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by patriotic007: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
This covid 19 pandemic issue in Nigeria is not clear to me
1)Why is it that politician are the ones bringing out the figures? At least we should be briefed by a well known doctor on what they are going through, the dangers health workers are passing through in attending to this large numbers of allegedly infected people,And what they need in order to perform their duties.
2)Why is it that no single clip or pics of this covid-19 patients on sick beds or ICU beds has surfaced on the media space in Nigeria, the way we see it on CNN and other foreign media instead of showing us chats of yellow green and red.
3)Where are the dead covid-19 patients buried? And. Why don't they show their remains been moved from the hospital like we see in other countries that really have this covid-19.
4)Why do some states have the same figure of infected people for more than a week now?does it mean that the first case didn't interact with anyone at all.?
5)Why haven't we heard of a single health worker been infected yet in Nigeria with our weak health care system and insufficient protective kits,or is it not the health workers taking care of the large figures of infected people?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by ipobarethieves: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
angry allow the pipu to go market and buy food chop ooo
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
MEET THE “HERO” WHO STOOD UP FOR AFRICANS IN CHINA .

Adeola Fayehun has apologized on her social media pages for initially giving a wrong name (Anozie Maduabuchi Cyril). The real name has been unveiled to be Dayo Lawal.

Lessons from this: We've all witnessed the funny dramas online since yesterday.
All Igbos worldwide, old and young have all trooped out online to celebrate it as a monumental achievement, chestbeating with it and have also been using it as an avenue to mock, deride and even attack other tribes.
Just Google the name 'Anozie Maduabuchi Cyril', you will see endless posts all over the internet and social media platforms bearing tribal captions. The tribal threads on NL are even innumerable. There was a particular thread I saw where the lady OP was attacking Mods and they all turned the thread to a real attack on Yoruba tribe. I guess it got to a stage mods had to delete all posts claiming he was a Yoruba man leaving behind those chestbeating him to be Igbo, so as to allow peace.
With all these dramas, one surprising thing is that, over 15 hours after unveiling him as a Yoruba man. Google his name or search NL, it's hard to see a single place celebrating him, chestbeating with it or using the news as a superiority ground. I'm really impressed. This singular case has shown the great difference between a mature tribe and immature, petty tribe.
Something Yorubas achieve everyday without looking at it twice, if Igbos achieve half of it in three months, they turn it to national celebration and chestbeating festival. If Yorubas and other tribes too go online to post everything like you do, they will accommodate every thread you wont have any space left to chestbeat.

Please, NL Mods, from henceforth, petty chestbeating and childish superiority contest in Front page threads/posts should be discouraged. It's becoming too extreme and turning to nuisance. If other tribes too turn this place and every thread to chestbeating arena, NL won't be palatable for anyone. Tangible achievements are meant to be celebrated but this petty, childish chestbeatings should stop.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Becklynn(f): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by sylve11: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good one. They should stop all religious activities as well. Not only easter o. They should go to the north and flog those people who refused to adhere to single stay at home order. Meanwhile, the Nigerian government should giive aid to her citizens na. Hungry go make people disobey una order o. Na which kind unuseful country be this sef. Are the citizens not part of the country. Why life hard too much for this part of the world sef? sad cool

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Abdulrahmann100: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Prevention is far better than cure
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Write4me(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
This should be a no brainer if not for the nonsense some state governments are doing for a religious aspect of life that hasn't help us in anyway in fighting Covid-19.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by 11thGoldTREE: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
My state is under total lock down. Even if Easter service wasn't canceled, no body go show for church
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by obagolord(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
To me every gathering should be banned Cox u don't know who is who... even mosque should be closed as well.... before partiality will enter
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by todaynewsreview: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Afterthought... everyone should stay safe. May God intervene in our situations.

For your BEDC Prepaid token, DSTV, GOTV and Startimes see my signature. 24/7 service available
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Gideoniteprime4: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
That's a good move
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Edopesin: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank God this isn't Ramadan week
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by vasco01(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ashleyeniwin:
Press Statement

The State Government notes with deep concern the second index case. This development has once again, reinforced the need to deepen our collective efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Ondo State COVID-19 Response Team has reported that the second index case having travelled from Lagos to Ondo State must give the Government greater concern to avoid community transmission.

Against the backdrop of the above, the Ondo State Government has directed the cancellation of the special concession granted Churches across the State to celebrate the Easter Sunday/Service. This decision was taken after due consultations with the leadership of the Christain Association of Nigeria(CAN).

All measures and steps taken in respect of COVID-19 still remain in force. In particular, Government has taken further steps to effectively man the boundaries in the light of reported cases of compromise and breach of the directive to close all inter-state entry points into Ondo State.

Donald Ojogo 
Commissioner for Information and Orientation 
April 11, 2020

The fear of uncle corona is the beniging of stay at home, stay at church stay at
#staying with Jesus is the solution
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by YoungLionken(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nice move..
Mosques should follow suit...
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by wilemer: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ashleyenwin:
Press Statement:

Better safe
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Roon9(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Na dem sabi o

Church services could be modified following social distancing and it'd still go well. People that don't normally go to church don't know what church is to some of us
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by money121(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by AntiChristian: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
patriotic007:
This covid 19 pandemic issue in Nigeria is not clear to me
1)Why is it that politician are the ones bringing out the figures? At least we should be briefed by a well known doctor on what they are going through, the dangers health workers are passing through in attending to this large numbers of allegedly infected people,And what they need in order to perform their duties.
2)Why is it that no single clip or pics of this covid-19 patients on sick beds or ICU beds has surfaced on the media space in Nigeria, the way we see it on CNN and other foreign media instead of showing us chats of yellow green and red.
3)Where are the dead covid-19 patients buried? And. Why don't they show their remains been moved from the hospital like we see in other countries that really have this covid-19.
4)Why do some states have the same figure of infected people for more than a week now?does it mean that the first case didn't interact with anyone at all.?
5)Why haven't we heard of a single health worker been infected yet in Nigeria with our weak health care system and insufficient protective kits,or is it not the health workers taking care of the large figures of infected people?
grin

Include all of the above in your will and then contract the virus!

Sense will not kuku kill me!

grin

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Finest641(f): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Smart move
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Hades2016(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
E don happen grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Safety first.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by Shegzy8(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good day nairalanders. Please, I am in need!! I've exhausted all the cash and foodstuff I have during this lockdown. I came out some days back and a good Samaritan helped me with something(1,400 naira). I appreciate his effort, but it was unable to sustain me and my family. I've no means to get money or foodstuff, I'm a photographer and I can't earn cause all events has been postponed. Please any good Samaritan can ask for my account details. God bless
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services by SirLakes: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Foolish governor

Maybe corona called him before and says Hey Mr governor ama be on vacation, tell your people to go and celebrate Easter in their Church cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Katsina Abduction: Rescue Our Children But Don't Use Force - Parents / Alleged Nigeria Police Strike Action Is Fake News - NPF / Paris Funds: President Buhari meets With Nigerian Governors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.